Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Unread 03-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #61
neoPootling
*regular doer of good*

Insanity + HipHop abs have been working pretty well for me, too.

Background - Not following the program at all, I first tried the DVDs out this summer, but not seriously - just a routine or two a week and it stabilized my weight gain. [After getting a desk job, I went up from 125 lbs to 138 lbs (being 5'3")]. Then in February I warmed up to it more by getting in about three routines a week. Since March I've been pretty vigilant about working out 5-6 days a week (still not following the program/schedule, though, lol) even if it's just one of the 25-minute routines.

I used to have to squeeze into my size 4 jeans, and now I can fit back into size 2. Still got some mileage until I get back to wearing all of my old clothing again, but being more toned again is great!
neoPootling is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #62
Shadaki

The photos already prove the point, but yeah, Insanity is an awesome program that definitely works. I did it last September and saw the results when I was done. It was.. quite tiring. I'm not gonna sit here and say it was easy. However the fact that you can say that "I've done it" and look at what you have developed into makes it entirely worth it.

Hip hop abs is also a good one! I've done part of it (couldn't keep up since I had other forms of training and school going on, so I dropped it about half way through..I will get back into it though eventually) and it's much more casual, but definitely works your core.. And hey, if you like dancing, just more reason to try it out.

All about training! Check out my pages!

Team Beachbody page: www.teambeachbody.com/member/sn/TheEternalLion

Team Beachbody Coach page: http://beachbodycoach.com/esuite/home/TheEternalLion

Facebook (fitness) page: https://www.facebook.com/TheEternalLionFitness
Shadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #63
Akune-chan

And here I am reading all of this while drinking seltzer and eating freshly made popcorn.

-looks at her 5'8 160lb self-

Damn. ; w ;
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #64
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
And here I am reading all of this while drinking seltzer and eating freshly made popcorn.

-looks at her 5'8 160lb self-

Damn. ; w ;
Popcorn can actually be exceedingly good for you, just not slathered in butter and whatnot.

Look up Boom Chicka Pop! for a good example of amazing popcorn.

As for me. I was going to get all set up again but I had a psychiatrist appointment and now new medications I'm getting used to. It's adjusted both my appetite and my sleep schedule... Monday for sure?

Hold me to it you guys!
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #65
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
Popcorn can actually be exceedingly good for you, just not slathered in butter and whatnot.

Look up Boom Chicka Pop! for a good example of amazing popcorn.

As for me. I was going to get all set up again but I had a psychiatrist appointment and now new medications I'm getting used to. It's adjusted both my appetite and my sleep schedule... Monday for sure?

Hold me to it you guys!
Seriously?
Well then I don't feel that horrible for eating it anymore!

Keep up the awesome work! :3
Unread 03-29-2013, 06:25 AM   #66
chupachan

Drazhar, I'll try to remember to check in on you Monday! I haven't done any of the Insanity videos in, oh god, probably 3 weeks now due to health issues (I have Ulcerative Colitis). I know my body needs to rest and heal, but the workouts I've been doing lately feel so wimpy in comparison ): As soon as I'm feeling able I am definitely busting those bad boys back out!
chupachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #67
Drazhar

Woke up an hour and a half ago... have to go to the computer store to exchange a part and then I can hit up the Fit Test.

DIG DEEPER!
Unread 04-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #68
SeeU

I saw insanity the other day on TV and thought it looked like a really great way to be in shape. I am not over weight but I could tone up a bit. I am 159cm tall (I think that is about 5ft 2inches... somewhere in that area) and weigh about between 105-113lbs. Does anyone see a major problem with my body type to try this workout?
SeeU is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #69
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeU View Post
I saw insanity the other day on TV and thought it looked like a really great way to be in shape. I am not over weight but I could tone up a bit. I am 159cm tall (I think that is about 5ft 2inches... somewhere in that area) and weigh about between 105-113lbs. Does anyone see a major problem with my body type to try this workout?
Absolutely not, just make sure you focus on form over speed like Shaun T says.

Meanwhile... that computer was hell on earth, it's finally working again.

Lots of overdue
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #70
KarmaxCore
LOLOMGWUT.

I did Insanity some time ago, didn't ever really stick to it. With Otakon creeping up in August, figured, well, why the hell not? Gonna restart it up again as well as doing some weights (anyone heard of the Spartacus workout??) I'll post my 30 day results, then my 60 day results. Keep uo the good work ya'll!

Check out my cosplay group <3 Vunderbra!Cosplay and our youtube. Vunder!Bra
KarmaxCore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 07:27 PM   #71
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaxCore View Post
I did Insanity some time ago, didn't ever really stick to it. With Otakon creeping up in August, figured, well, why the hell not? Gonna restart it up again as well as doing some weights (anyone heard of the Spartacus workout??) I'll post my 30 day results, then my 60 day results. Keep uo the good work ya'll!
I wholeheartedly approve of this. I've been fluctuating too much to get a real routine going, and it's irking me to no end!
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:40 PM   #72
chupachan

With my health slowly getting better and my strength and energy on the rise I've finally been able to get back into Insanity, and man did I miss it! High five to everyone else having their first, second, or third go at it, it's one hell of a program! I'm super psyched to see what I can accomplish by the time Colossal Con rolls around (:
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:34 AM   #73
Drazhar

Quote:
Originally Posted by chupachan View Post
With my health slowly getting better and my strength and energy on the rise I've finally been able to get back into Insanity, and man did I miss it! High five to everyone else having their first, second, or third go at it, it's one hell of a program! I'm super psyched to see what I can accomplish by the time Colossal Con rolls around (:
You're going to Colossal?

AWWW SNAP, Insaniacs unite!
Unread 05-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #74
AshesForAshley
Pure Hearts

Congrats! You're well on your way

Also my friend has really bad asthma, so I'm not sure if Insanity is good for that, but I've tried it before and I was sweating within the first few minutes LOL

It's really fast paced and I know works on cardio, which is always a plus when you're looking to burn the fat.

Keep it up!

Current Project: Denaerys Targaryen (wedding)-GOT [in progress]
Fan Expo
AshesForAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:20 PM   #75
chupachan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
You're going to Colossal?

AWWW SNAP, Insaniacs unite!
Ye-ah! We should have a meetup at the gym/fitness center haha