Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCandy View Post
. . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaPenguin View Post
. . .
Glad you guys like it. <3 Like I said, it's something I've wanted to do for years, ever since I saw the image. ^^;; But if we're in agreement, then I think we should think of potential dates/locations. I think going with location would be the best start, as what we choose may limit our choices. Once we have enough details together we can also make a Facebook Event to get more people to participate (while I still like using these forums for planning, a lot of people check Facebook more often). Ideally, we should have one of every character before doing doubles (if necessary we can go to gender-bender versions). Since a lot of these are just t-shirts and jeans, most people just have to worry about hair/wigs (which compared to a full-out costume is a welcomed expense for a broke college student like me).
Spencer Sisters is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2013, 11:11 PM   #17
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

My top choice would be Maymont, mostly because I've always wanted to do something there. I'm pretty much open to anything though x3

It's the date I'm more concerned about, since I don't drive I have to make sure it's a day my sister can get off.

CyberCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 12:01 AM   #18
Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

Date will definetly be well in advance (for work I need anywhere between 2 weeks to a month's notice).

Personally, I'm a fan of Newport News Park and Sandy Bottom Nature Park. Newport News Park has an area that's more like a field for the photo, though (I don't recall something like that at Sandy Bottom).
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #19
AquaPenguin

^ Newport News Park is ok, but Sandy Bottom hasn't seemed to be that nice of a place the last few times I went.

I still keep my suggestion of the lawn in front of the Governor's Palace in Colonial Williamsburg.
AquaPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 10:45 PM   #20
Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

Quote:
Forgot about that place. And it's within walking distance from my fiancee's place (I think, or close enough). We'd just have to see about being able to get together out there (I imagine it wouldn't be a problem, as people are always out there - we just may have to do a "picnic" lunch).
Unread 04-06-2013, 01:29 AM   #21
CyberCandy
Just a v i r u s

I third the Williamsburg idea, it's been forever since I've been there

CyberCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
AquaPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spencer Sisters View Post
We'd just have to see about being able to get together out there (I imagine it wouldn't be a problem, as people are always out there - we just may have to do a "picnic" lunch).
You mean if it would be a problem for us to be out there in cosplay? I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but my aunt works for Colonial Williamsburg, so I can ask her.

A picnic lunch sounds good to me- closer to the meet-up date we should get a list of who can bring what (drinks, chips, the actual lunch food, etc).
Unread 04-06-2013, 11:42 AM   #23
Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

Quote:
You mean if it would be a problem for us to be out there in cosplay? I wouldn't think it would be a problem, but my aunt works for Colonial Williamsburg, so I can ask her.

A picnic lunch sounds good to me- closer to the meet-up date we should get a list of who can bring what (drinks, chips, the actual lunch food, etc).
The cosplay shouldn't be a problem, especially since it's most t-shirts and jeans. More of the if we're allowed to be painting out there (or we can advise people to do it before hand, so that they have sufficient time to dry).
Unread 04-07-2013, 09:15 PM   #24
kosakuitaly
Huh, oh, what?

As a person who both love Homestuck and Hetalia equally, (kinda rare *shrug*) If you wanna know, the main characters are actually four humans named John, Rose, Dave and Jade. The trolls come in WAY later in the story.
I've just been more attached to Homestuck since i found it out before i found Hetalia. Anyway It would be cool to go to a meet up! I was going to go to the Christmas one last year but i missed it. And yes, I live in the 757 Area of Hampton (if you wanna chat on skype its The_Great_Percussionist , tell me who you are, what you cosplay and such pls!)

Now, I wouldn't plan this around Independence day, (yknow..) And i do agree with going to Williamsburg, though it would be better if we can find a place where the majority of the Hetalia fans can go! c: (I cosplay Punkish!Italy, America, and im working on Iceland btw)
Cons Im going to:
~Otakon 2013
~AMA 2013
~Nekocon 16

Cosplays:
~America(Hetalia)(100%)
~ Iceland (Hetalia)(0%)
~Jake English (Default/Suit and Shorts) (60%)
~ MilitaryStuck!Jake English (0%)
~ Dave Strider (100%)
kosakuitaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #25
AquaPenguin

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosakuitaly View Post
As a person who both love Homestuck and Hetalia equally, (kinda rare *shrug*) If you wanna know, the main characters are actually four humans named John, Rose, Dave and Jade. The trolls come in WAY later in the story.

Now, I wouldn't plan this around Independence day, (yknow..)
^^; Ah, see I always see the trolls, which is why I assumed they were the main characters!

As for a date, I think earlier in the summer would be better. It get's hot around here, especially wearing cosplay around. Possibly mid- or late-June?
Unread 04-13-2013, 01:26 PM   #26
AquaPenguin

Hey all! Just talked to my aunt who works in Colonial Williamsburg. Costumes aren't a problem, and she said if we wanted to go into the buildings, if there's 14 (I believe she said 14) or more, we can get a group rate.

I'm not sure if anyone wants to go in the buildings, but I'd just thought I'd mention it.
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
Toxic_Curiosity
Mega Cosplayer of Death

"As a person who both love Homestuck and Hetalia equally, (kinda rare *shrug*) If you wanna know, the main characters are actually four humans named John, Rose, Dave and Jade. The trolls come in WAY later in the story. "

Thank you for explaining that lol.

Anyroad, I like the idea of it in williamsburg, just need a time and date P:

Last edited by Toxic_Curiosity : 04-15-2013 at 08:53 AM. Reason: typo
Toxic_Curiosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #28
Mangoesaregood8

That looks like fun. I would love to do that :3
Mangoesaregood8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:54 PM   #29
Spencer Sisters
The One and Only

If we want to do this over the summer, I personally need a month notice so I can get off work (so the June/July timeframe). I would prefer a Saturday afternoon. We could also do August after Otakon, where we could get some more potential attendees.
Unread 05-11-2013, 02:39 PM   #30
AquaPenguin

~*~*BUMP*~*~

I propose the meet-up be Saturday July 13th. It's a little over a week after the 4th of July, so it might be a little crowded- but not as bad as the week of. If it's going to be a lunch picnic, I'd suggest we try starting to meet up about 11:30-ish, that way we can make sure we have everything & everyone before we eat. Then we can eat, and after that we can take pictures and just have our general goof-offy time.

On another note, would anyone be interested in doing a CMV/Lip-Dub thing? I've been watching some on YouTube lately, and they look really fun. If so, any song suggestions? I was thinking something along the lines of "Come So Far (Got So Far To Go)" (I've been listening to music from Hairspray the last couple days, so it's been on my mind).