Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 32 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #31
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

I wholeheartedly agree with the drone cosplay idea. Some MUST do it, c'mon I've even seen Mii cosplays.

And good luck with your cosplays Scorpio! I look forward to seeing pics.

And I've gotten some test shots of my Makishima cos done.^^
In progress:
| Cronus Ampora - 90%| Homura Akemi - 80%|
| Loki Laevatein - 60%| Nagito Komaeda - 55%|
| Seishuu Handa - 45%| Uta - 40%|
~ ♥ ~
| Tumblr | deviantART | Cosplay plans | WorldCosplay | Cure |

Last edited by LluviaSarcasm : 04-27-2013 at 04:51 PM.
LluviaSarcasm is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-04-2013, 11:45 PM   #32
Scorpio8116

LluviaSarcasm, your Makishima pictures look great! And you styled your wig so well! Where'd you buy your wig? (look at me, all hyped up about wigs. Staring at wigs on line for hours might not have been healthy for me).
And you're getting the yellowy contacts? Ooooooh, I love all the attention to detail~

I chose my Kougami and Ginoza wigs and they shipped today, so I just need to go home this weekend and try them out. I'm really really REALLY hesitant about any cutting I'll need to do since my experience is basically 0. I wonder if a local salon is willing to cut wigs? I at least would like someone to do my Akane wig since it looks like it'll require the most cutting. I think I can handle Kougami's since it's mostly just spiking.
Scorpio8116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2013, 08:06 AM   #33
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio8116 View Post
LluviaSarcasm, your Makishima pictures look great! And you styled your wig so well! Where'd you buy your wig? (look at me, all hyped up about wigs. Staring at wigs on line for hours might not have been healthy for me).
And you're getting the yellowy contacts? Ooooooh, I love all the attention to detail~

I chose my Kougami and Ginoza wigs and they shipped today, so I just need to go home this weekend and try them out. I'm really really REALLY hesitant about any cutting I'll need to do since my experience is basically 0. I wonder if a local salon is willing to cut wigs? I at least would like someone to do my Akane wig since it looks like it'll require the most cutting. I think I can handle Kougami's since it's mostly just spiking.
Thanks a lot!! I get all of my wigs from eBay, and unless I need them within a week, from Chinese sellers specifically. Never been disappointed.
And yeah, I'm getting yellow contacts. It's such a simple outfit, that I'll at least try to get the details right. (Along with ordering contacts for all of my cosplays where they were missing before. :I)

I'd say it's best not to go to a salon, but maybe have a friend help you, if you're insecure about cutting. There are lots of great tutorial online, so check 'em out!
Rule of thumb, unless the hair cut is specifically blunt (like Akane's), hold the scissors at a vertical angle and keep a reference immage nearby.^^
In progress:
~ ♥ ~
Unread 04-07-2013, 11:29 PM   #34
Scorpio8116

Cool, next time I'll try browsing ebay more (I've barely ever been on ebay since I would generally get things off of Amazon, but Amazon doesn't have a lot of options for wigs).

Once I get my wigs, which'll probably be Monday or Tuesday, I'll figure out what to do with the hair. I read somewhere that if I'm not 100% confident, I can practice a bit on the bottom layer on the back of the wig, where it's not really visible, so maybe I'll start there. Thanks for the hair-cutting tips! I've been looking at a few tutorials, but in the end I guess experience will be the best teacher XD
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:41 AM   #35
MissLunatic
Someone

@ evaunit01berser:
Like the idea as well . Somehow it never came to my mind at all.

@Lluvia:
Have to agree with Scorpio I really like your Makishima preview pics.^^

@Scorpio:
I completely understand that you are hesitant about the wig cutting as already said. And I fear I’m myself going to start with a too big project regarding this -.-‘’. But it’s another series so it’s rather off topic here. Uhm guess you’ve already got your other wigs. How do they look?^^
Besides starting at a part which is hardly visible if the ppl don't take a really close look sounds like a very good ideat to me as well. I most often start like that when I try out something new, regardless if it's crafting or sewing. If I've got the chance, that is.

I so wanted to order a wig although I have to do other cosplays first -.-‘’, as much as I’d like to work at the dominator as already said… but well… maybe at least the wig I have to cut first now helps me that Kagari won’t become a complete mess in the end…

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Young Griff (A Song of Ice and Fire - A Dance with Dragons)
Superbi Squalo (KH Reborn!)
Arianne Martell (A Song of Ice and Fire)
Sharrkan (Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)
Rokudo Mukuro (7 Gods of Luck) (KH Reborn!)

Upgrading:
Kagari Shusei (Psycho-Pass)
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
MissLunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #36
Scorpio8116

My wigs have come in! (well they came in a few days ago but I was at my university dorm, so I just barely got to look at them today)
It's been years since I've attempted to put up pictures on cosplay.com so I'm just fiddling with that right now on my account and I'll put a link to it here as soon as I can get it to work.

Same with my gun! I've made some progress with it. It was a rocky start because styrofoam was messy to cut through, but I've covered it in craft foam and it at least has the right shape of a Dominator now. Today and tomorrow I'll be working on it for a while.

EDIT: okay this is ridiculous. How the heck do I get a photo up on my account? I go to "Upload photos" (and I have a folder made for my Akane cosplay) and I put that folder as a tag for it, I choose the picture I want, put a description, hit submit and... I wait HOURS, and it doesn't show up. I must be doing something wrong :/

Last edited by Scorpio8116 : 04-17-2013 at 03:06 AM.
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #37
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio8116 View Post
My wigs have come in! (well they came in a few days ago but I was at my university dorm, so I just barely got to look at them today)
It's been years since I've attempted to put up pictures on cosplay.com so I'm just fiddling with that right now on my account and I'll put a link to it here as soon as I can get it to work.

Same with my gun! I've made some progress with it. It was a rocky start because styrofoam was messy to cut through, but I've covered it in craft foam and it at least has the right shape of a Dominator now. Today and tomorrow I'll be working on it for a while.

EDIT: okay this is ridiculous. How the heck do I get a photo up on my account? I go to "Upload photos" (and I have a folder made for my Akane cosplay) and I put that folder as a tag for it, I choose the picture I want, put a description, hit submit and... I wait HOURS, and it doesn't show up. I must be doing something wrong :/
Oh, sorry, I've been so busy the week before last because of Animuc last weekend. The week was full of university stuff and now I'm crafting again for Hanami next weekend ^^''.

About the pics: Did you link your cosplay and fill in your number in the form under: Cosplayer(s) ID? You can find it, when you visit your page. It is shown behind member/ in the caption.

About folders I don't really know. I just submit everything to my general folder ^^''.

Besides for Animuc we spontaneously decided (3 days before ^^'') to improvise Psycho Pass. Since I could borrow a wig and bought a tie, it was possible to cosplay Kagari. Without Dominator, the right shoes, the bracelet of course and I forgot the hairpins -.-''. But for a spontaneous try it was very nice. We were a group of 4 then: Akane, Kougami, Makishima and me. (The only one who didn't really improvise was our Makishima though. XD)

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 04-27-2013, 04:57 PM   #38
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLunatic View Post
Besides for Animuc we spontaneously decided (3 days before ^^'') to improvise Psycho Pass. Since I could borrow a wig and bought a tie, it was possible to cosplay Kagari. Without Dominator, the right shoes, the bracelet of course and I forgot the hairpins -.-''. But for a spontaneous try it was very nice. We were a group of 4 then: Akane, Kougami, Makishima and me. (The only one who didn't really improvise was our Makishima though. XD)
Ohh, I'd really like to see pictures!
And thanks about the Makishima pics.

I now can finally say that my Makishima cosplay is 100% complete, with a better shirt, contact lenses and razor. Woop!

And I decided to get started on Yayoi....Which basically means buying stuff.^^°
Oh well, I now, using my real hair and ponytail extensions, have managed to recreate her hairstyle rather well imho. xD
In progress:
~ ♥ ~
Unread 04-27-2013, 06:56 PM   #39
MissLunatic
Someone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LluviaSarcasm View Post
Ohh, I'd really like to see pictures!
And thanks about the Makishima pics.

I now can finally say that my Makishima cosplay is 100% complete, with a better shirt, contact lenses and razor. Woop!

And I decided to get started on Yayoi....Which basically means buying stuff.^^°
Oh well, I now, using my real hair and ponytail extensions, have managed to recreate her hairstyle rather well imho. xD

That's really cool. Let's cosplay it together one day as already said .
I'll tell you as soon as the pics are online. Atm I just have a few on my laptop.

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 04-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #40
Krye
|||Happy*Sweets|||

I watched this series twice already - and it's great! Planning to be Akane with the WPC Jacket and my friend will be Kougami. Not sure if want to make the helmet for him yet or not. :3 Anyone here going to Fanime?

2014 Events: Fanime (Aoba/Ririchiyo/Amu) | Anime Expo (Heroine - Amnesia; Monomi; Nonon; Fem!Noiz)

Krye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 08:51 AM   #41
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

Quote:
That's really cool. Let's cosplay it together one day as already said .
I'll tell you as soon as the pics are online. Atm I just have a few on my laptop.
Yes, yes we should.
And great, looking forward to them then.
In progress:
~ ♥ ~
Unread 05-02-2013, 11:17 PM   #42
Scorpio8116

Quote:
Oh, sorry, I've been so busy the week before last because of Animuc last weekend. The week was full of university stuff and now I'm crafting again for Hanami next weekend ^^''.

About the pics: Did you link your cosplay and fill in your number in the form under: Cosplayer(s) ID? You can find it, when you visit your page. It is shown behind member/ in the caption.

About folders I don't really know. I just submit everything to my general folder ^^''.

Hmm, I'll have to try it out again. A few days after I posted this I got super-busy fixing up my cosplay for AnimeFest (a mini convention at my university) and right afterward was midterms week and I just crashed and burned...

Spontaneous cosplay sounds like fun XD at least with friends, you can panic together.
I wanted to see if any of my friends wanted to join our Psycho Pass cosplay but they don't really seem up for it, so I guess it's just gonna be me and my brothers. Now that I got most of Akane's costume done, I can relax till after finals, then go back to cosplay preparation.
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #43
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

I'll finally get to wear my Makishima cosplay to a con tomorrow, I hope I can get a couple of pictures done. Will probably link them here too then. /D
In progress:
~ ♥ ~
Unread 05-12-2013, 05:44 AM   #44
MissLunatic
Someone

Cool. I utterly forgot about Chisaiicon. May is so full of cons ^^'' (Hanami, Chisaiicon, Dokomi, (Japanday)...) Hope you had a nice day and I'm looking forward to some more pics ^^.

@Scorpio:
Don't stress yourself. For pics there's still lots of time. I'm busy myself too. Still working on a cosplay for next week and staying at university till 6 pm usually during working days.

Oh, it was fun . Still don't have the pics but our Makishima and Kougami really seemed to enjoy to beat up each other in pics xD.
Now I'm kinda sad that it will take much longer. The date for the con where we really want to cosplay it, has finally been set, but instead of as expected in November it is going to take place next February -.-''. Maybe I'll be able to wear the cosplay before for a shooting though. I'd really like to.

Uhm besides what do you mean by crashed and burned? o.O

Upcoming:
Hotohori (Fushigi Yuugi)
Ryoga Hibiki (Ranma 1/2)

Upgrading:
Okita Souji (Hakuouki)
Unread 05-13-2013, 07:25 AM   #45
LluviaSarcasm
Tall, Dark and Bishoujo

@Misslunatic
Yes, true, so many cons that are too far away to go to. ;___;
But oh well, ChiisaiCon was fun. Although only one person recognized my Makishima cosplay. I thought the anime would be more popular, but okay.^^°
As a result, I only have more cell phone shots, this time of the ironic crossover varietey. /D
I'll get a shooting some day.

And I know I sound like a broken record already, but I'm still excited for your pictures.
And which con in February is it your group is aiming at?
In progress:
~ ♥ ~