Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Other Reviews

Unread 03-15-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Kakita

Hello Cosplay. Why did they change?

So here's the story. About a year and a half ago I ordered a full set of bleach robes, along with Aizen's captain's haori. The product arrived and was incredibly well done. While obviously a costume it was durable, comfortable, didn't snag or cause problems. The haori itself was well done, fully lined, not just single layered as so many are. I was happy with my product and so ordered again last year when I was doing Mayuri. Again, excellent results.

So this year I decided as a gift to get my wife a new set of robes for her Toshiro set. At the same time got myself a set of robes to convert into Ishin and got a friend of ours a set for Unohanna.

They arrive and the Haoris are still solid but the rest.

The hakama came with belt loops and no way to actually tie them or wear them without said belt. THe sash is half the width it used to be and barely wraps around once, let alone a double layer for proper wear.

The kimono was even worse, it is no longer lined, the white cuff on the collar is only barely as long as the upper neck area, meaning if you shift at all it opens up and leaves a hole showing your skin instead of being properly white the whole length. The sleeves are not a kimono sleeve, they are narrow and fitted and extent about half a foot past my hand.

Anyone know what happened to them to make a decent and solid costume site become this incompetent?
Kakita is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #2
Kakita

And as an update (I don't seem to see an edit option to add to the original post).

I got my response from Hello Cosplay. I had sent them a polite email just stating my concerns and curiosity as to why their product slipped.

Their response was "这封信先别回,QQ上发我一下提醒我怎么处理"

Not sure which is more pathetic, that they assume their customers over seas have no idea how to read chinese or that this kind of response came from a supposed adult.
Kakita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-08-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
Brutal
Metal Thrashing Otaku

Wow this is kind of sad considering they were one of the few places that I trusted when it came to purchasing cosplay items. I had actually purchased a Haori for my Captain Shinji cosplay from them a few years ago and it was great and as I recall one of my friends purchased his Sasuke cosplay from them and it looked great as well, but as of lately I've been reading tons of bad reviews on Hello Cosplay. :T

Conseason 2014:
TBA

Bring back Naruto Trek and Yasumicon!
Brutal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
Misseeriechan
Cosplay Noob

I have orded from hellocosplay last year just before halloween and it was very nice quality and on time. The trick is there was several versions of the same dress, but with three different teirs of cloth quality. The one I picked specificed uniform cloth (not the cheap satin) the jacket top is fully lined. I did have a similar QQ message in my order's status at one point but when I sent an email about it, they said it was kinda an automatic glitch and that my order was ready to ship. I've moved past the point of buying cosplays anymore, but I will keep buying boots from them. I love that I can give ankle mesurments calf mesurments, I can specify the exact height and everything and they have almost every shoe one can imagine. My saber boots are awesome. I'd only recoment renforcing any buttons on everything before wearing out.
Misseeriechan is offline   Reply With Quote