Go Back   Cosplay.com > Non-Cosplay Forums > Video Game Chat

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 24 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-08-2013, 09:09 AM   #5566
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyToe View Post
Ha! THAT is hilarious. The real question is do you think anyone will STILL ship the two? >.> <.<

Weird.

As for it being a SyFy joint I take offense at that Syfy MOVIES are hori-bad, but I actually enjoy quite a few of their series. I watch Warehouse 13 and Alphas on that channel. My wife watches Lost Girl on it. I think these series are pretty good, and the trailers make the series look amazing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFujin View Post
LOL yeah, I saw the thread on /cgl/ recently about cosplayers shipping those two before th game released. Awkward.

As for Syfy shows, I love their shows, but they do have a habit if canceling their shows. Alphas was canceled, by the way. As much as I like Warehouse 13, I'd be surprised if that got renewed for season 5.
Isn;t Lost Girl horribly censored compared to the Canadian version (avail on Netflix!) and most of the shows you mentioned are over/cancelled? SyFy REALLY needs some original programming that ISNT reality TV/wrasslin/ GHOST BRAHS!/lost to the BBC.

As for BxE, YEAHHHH, I'm sure there's some sections of the internet that ship that, but I ain't about that lyfe. And I haven't been on /cgl/ in forever, but I've made it a point NOT to cosplay something until I'm familiar with the character. I almost made the mistake of cosplaying Axel before KH2 dropped, and was relieved that I didn't after playing said game.

On-topic, I'm about 20 hours into my 2nd FE:A run, where I'm working on my team of all FUTURE BABIES, and trying to get them to get their bone on. Console wise, wrapping up Tomb Raider, which man, is a great game, but Bioshock definetly did not do that game any favors.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-08-2013, 10:24 AM   #5567
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Finally finished Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. Mind blown once again. Now I'm ready for Ace Attorney 5! So while I'm waiting, maybe I should play Ace Attorney: Investigations.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #5568
DarkFujin
Lang Zhi says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Isn;t Lost Girl horribly censored compared to the Canadian version (avail on Netflix!) and most of the shows you mentioned are over/cancelled? SyFy REALLY needs some original programming that ISNT reality TV/wrasslin/ GHOST BRAHS!/lost to the BBC.
I'm not sure how censored it is on Syfy compared to the original Canadian version. After some quick Googling, apparently it looks like US shows have shorter airtime so they cut stuff for that, supposedly? I don't know. I watch it on Syfy, and it still has some cussing (and by that I mean words such as "shit", no f-bombs, although I'm not sure if they say that in the Canadian version), and there's still some lesbian sex scenes, but I'm not sure if they're edited or not. As a straight girl, I don't care enough to watch both versions side-by-side and see if the lesbian sex scenes are edited or not lol

And I agree, Syfy needs more actually real shows, which is why I'm excited about Defiance.

Also, I remember when Eureka was renewed for six more episodes and then they were revoked and the show was canceled. I remember reading that the reasoning behind that was that it's cheaper for the network to make six new pilots of ghost shows/reality shows/whatever than to make six episodes of a show that requires actors, expensive sets, etc.

Quote:
but I've made it a point NOT to cosplay something until I'm familiar with the character.
For real. I cosplay from the games I do because I like those games. You know, because I PLAY THE GAME and go "wow that game was rad, I should cosplay from it!" I would feel weird to cosplay from something I haven't played yet, whether it was released or not. Half the fun of cosplay is chatting with other fans of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNIT0918 View Post
Finally finished Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney. Mind blown once again. Now I'm ready for Ace Attorney 5! So while I'm waiting, maybe I should play Ace Attorney: Investigations.
I don't remember if I posted about this yet or not, but have you seen Apollo in Ace Attorney 5 yet? He looks badass. I'm not even a fan of his character, but I love his new design. It makes me really curious. Also, there's a fan theory going around that

SPOILER: (highlight to read)
Apollo is the new prosecutor
that I really hope ends up being true. Spoiler tag just in case, even though it's all just theories and speculation. But you have no idea how much I want it to be true!
DarkFujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 12:03 PM   #5569
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
For real. I cosplay from the games I do because I like those games. You know, because I PLAY THE GAME and go "wow that game was rad, I should cosplay from it!" I would feel weird to cosplay from something I haven't played yet, whether it was released or not. Half the fun of cosplay is chatting with other fans of the game.
It kills me that you haven't gone to a PAX yet. Then again, there's a chance we would find you curled over in the beanbag handheld lounge, nursing yourself back to health from "Feels overload".

Anywho GAMES

I beat Tomb Raider last night, and it was a very good game, and a reboot that worked. It's just a shame I played it post-Bioshock Infinite, where I was very much spoiled by fantastic story telling. Don't worry Lara, you're still my boo.

Also Arkham City Origins is a thing that is happening, a thing that is happening w/o Rocksteady for some reason.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
Unread 04-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #5570
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Started Tomb Raider. Linear action games are never going to be my favorite kind, but so far it's pretty fun. It's already better than AC3. Graphics are gorgeous. Controls are really nice. QTEs are used annoyingly. Despite the grim-dark, I have a hard time taking the story very seriously right now. I'm not concerned about "protecting" Lara. She's kicking ass just fine. Game says that I'm 25% complete so it's going pretty fast. Right now I'd give it a B.
The Hag is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2013, 09:57 PM   #5571
UNIT0918
Pursue your true self

Quote:
I don't remember if I posted about this yet or not, but have you seen Apollo in Ace Attorney 5 yet? He looks badass. I'm not even a fan of his character, but I love his new design. It makes me really curious. Also, there's a fan theory going around that

Apollo is the new prosecutor
that I really hope ends up being true. Spoiler tag just in case, even though it's all just theories and speculation. But you have no idea how much I want it to be true!
Yep, I saw that! I really like his new look too. He actually looks closer to an ouendan, or Japanese male cheerleader, than a pirate.

It's certainly possible for him to be the new prosecutor. Apollo did say that he's still trying to get this "law" thing down, so becoming a prosecutor might be one of the things he does in order to understand it. Plus, his last name is "Justice", and prosecutors are all about justice since they're sided with the police.
UNIT0918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 07:52 AM   #5572
Neelh
Toa of Psionics

I'm coping with a terrible addiction to Ib.

nokama.tumblr.com
Neelh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2013, 09:37 AM   #5573
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
Started Tomb Raider. Linear action games are never going to be my favorite kind, but so far it's pretty fun. It's already better than AC3. Graphics are gorgeous. Controls are really nice. QTEs are used annoyingly. Despite the grim-dark, I have a hard time taking the story very seriously right now. I'm not concerned about "protecting" Lara. She's kicking ass just fine. Game says that I'm 25% complete so it's going pretty fast. Right now I'd give it a B.
The game is very heavy on the QTE's early for some reason, but it kind of lightens up as it goes on. And keep in mind you can use fast traveling to explore past areas for tombs and collectibles, I actually had a ton of fun doing that.

Also yeah, the game is great on a techincial level, but the story, while better than 75% of the past Tomb Raider games just by existing alone, is not a strong point of the game. There's some decent character building for the young Ms. Croft, and some geniunely good moments for her in the game, but nothing new if you haven't seen "The Descent". It's very much an action game with a good female lead.

Unread 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #5574
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Quote:
The game is very heavy on the QTE's early for some reason, but it kind of lightens up as it goes on.
Yeah, they've really tapered off so that's good. I don't hate QTEs on principle, but I get zero satisfaction out of killing a bad guy with one button press. The fact that you die gruesomely if you miss just adds insult to injury.

Quote:
Also yeah, the game is great on a techincial level,
I'm really impressed with the control scheme. It's pretty deep but super simple. You spend zero time fussing with menus.

Quote:
but the story, while better than 75% of the past Tomb Raider games just by existing alone, is not a strong point of the game.
My biggest problem is that you are always getting hammered by the enviroment to the point where it's laughable. Every building collapses; you fall off a mountain like every 5 min. But I always have this problem in games that are going for more "realism". I have an easier time suspending disbelief when things are more stylized.

Quote:
There's some decent character building for the young Ms. Croft, and some geniunely good moments for her in the game, but nothing new if you haven't seen "The Descent". It's very much an action game with a good female lead.
Agreed.

I'm enjoying the game more now that I went up to Hard mode. On Normal, I could pretty much mindlessly blast my way to victory. On Hard I have to think more about weapon choice, conserve ammo and use the enviroment. It makes the game a lot more fun.
Unread 04-10-2013, 02:06 PM   #5575
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Yeah, they've really tapered off so that's good. I don't hate QTEs on principle, but I get zero satisfaction out of killing a bad guy with one button press. The fact that you die gruesomely if you miss just adds insult to injury..
Violent death's were always a part of TR, but the next gen-shine has definetly kicked them up a notch. But yeah slight techincal spoiler, the last 3 "boss" characters require some manner of QTEs, at least on normal.

Quote:

I'm really impressed with the control scheme. It's pretty deep but super simple. You spend zero time fussing with menus.
The Arkham games were listed as inspiration for TR's controls, which if you're gonna cope something from those games, it's that. [/quote]

Quote:
My biggest problem is that you are always getting hammered by the enviroment to the point where it's laughable. Every building collapses; you fall off a mountain like every 5 min. But I always have this problem in games that are going for more "realism". I have an easier time suspending disbelief when things are more stylized.
We'll discuss the later more once you wrap it up, but YEAHHHHHHHH, TR is Michael Bayish in a lot of areas.

Quote:

Agreed.

I'm enjoying the game more now that I went up to Hard mode. On Normal, I could pretty much mindlessly blast my way to victory. On Hard I have to think more about weapon choice, conserve ammo and use the enviroment. It makes the game a lot more fun.
I should do a Hard run. Once you start tricking Lara out the game becomes a tad broken.

Unread 04-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #5576
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

I'm playing Bioshock Infinite at the moment, and am slightly concerned that I may never want to play another game again.
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #5577
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybren117 View Post
I'm playing Bioshock Infinite at the moment, and am slightly concerned that I may never want to play another game again.
That's normal. My friend went from BSI to Aliens: CM which is as awful as reported. Super impressed he didnt kill himself.

Attempted to play FEAR 2: The Fearing last night but apparently my resolutions are 2 high?
F3AR on the other hand, runs fine on the PC. I don't even.

Unread 04-12-2013, 01:41 PM   #5578
Boreotheria
n00b

I've almost got my barbarian through Act IV of Diablo 3, nightmare mode.
Boreotheria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 04:57 AM   #5579
MeiChama
Magical Girl

After putting it off for a while because of school related stuff, I'm finally going back to Umineko no Naku Koro ni.
Unread 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #5580
The Hag
All Hail Christmastoad

Finished Tomb Raider. Final opinion - excellent. I had a few minor quibbles beyond general problems with the genre, but they were very minor and not worth enumerating. If it had a harder setting than Hard, I might play it again; seeing as it doesn't, I won't. Will definitely play the next one.