Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 04-13-2013, 02:00 PM   #76
Merino
Bucket Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by x0xmx0x View Post
:O I'll be cosplaying as Kyoko, I'm a bit worried of how mine will compare to all the other awesome Kyoko's though!
As long as you love the Character your Kyoko will be amazing! At least this Sayaka thinks so

Unread 04-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #77
x0xmx0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merino View Post
As long as you love the Character your Kyoko will be amazing! At least this Sayaka thinks so
Thank you!
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:27 AM   #78
sailormoonfan14

Photoshoots have been confirmed guys
sailormoonfan14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 12:47 PM   #79
faithinpoison
www.ridikitty.com

I've never actually made it to a photo shoot before, so I'm determined to make the Saturday one with Goddess Madoka!
ridikitty.com

2014 convention plans
Costume con 32, Anime North, Con Bravo?, Unplugged Expo, Frostcon?
faithinpoison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #80
Lyssykins
Yoru no uta

Hi everyone! I will be there as Mami with my Madoka, Homura, and Kyoko lovies~ I'm super excited to see all of the different cosplayers and all the unique ways we chose to tackle the design! That's definitely one of my favourite things about photoshoots, seeing the same costume done by different sets of eyes.

I'm finished with my costume now but I feel like something's missing. My bodice isn't laying as flat as I wanted T.T I've used a faux leather fabric, with buckrum where the grommets are so they don't pull. Is there anything I could put beneath it or maybe a better way of lacing it up so that it's not as crinkly?

I also can't decide how to do my make up. I'm waaay too indecisive when it comes to finishing touches. : ( What do you guys think Mami would wear?

Progress: Supplies all ready to go. Working on props first~

Dream Cosplays:
Cossette - Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
Tomoyo hime - Princess of the Birdcage Kingdom
Song Card - Cardcaptor Sakura
Lyssykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:20 AM   #81
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

Boneing channel in the inside lining. Also most corsets are made with thicker layer and alot of boning to hold shape.

Costume-Con 32
Souryuu ~ Yami no Matsuei
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Souryuu/Regina ~ Once Upon a Time
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Madeline Hatter Legacy Day
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #82
Lyssykins
Yoru no uta

I can definitely try the boning! I'm quite the beginner when it comes to sewing so I was following a pattern for a simple corset that was more decorative than functional. But I will try to add some using fabric glue perhaps. Thanks!

Progress: Supplies all ready to go. Working on props first~

Dream Cosplays:
Cossette - Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
Tomoyo hime - Princess of the Birdcage Kingdom
Song Card - Cardcaptor Sakura
Lyssykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 12:35 AM   #83
Anaira

For the boning, the cheapest option is to buy zip ties. They give way better support than the cheap, flimsy plastic kind, and are a lot easier to work with than metal.

Mami's the most mature looking one, so you could probably do slightly heavier makeup than you would for the other girls. I think sticking with a natural colour scheme is probably best though, they ARE still highschool girls after all. I'm sure you'll figure out something nice
Anime North 2014
ColossalCon 2014
Anime Expo 2014
Fan Expo 2014
Anaira is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #84
Merino
Bucket Loli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaira View Post
For the boning, the cheapest option is to buy zip ties. They give way better support than the cheap, flimsy plastic kind, and are a lot easier to work with than metal.
The only issue with using any type of plastic for boning is that eventually they will curve to your shape and therefore not be doing what bones are supposed to do. Spiral bones (the metal ones) are your best bet if you want it to stay nice and crisp. If you are only wearing it a few times then plastic bones will be fine
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #85
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssykins View Post
Hi everyone! I will be there as Mami with my Madoka, Homura, and Kyoko lovies~ I'm super excited to see all of the different cosplayers and all the unique ways we chose to tackle the design! That's definitely one of my favourite things about photoshoots, seeing the same costume done by different sets of eyes.

I'm finished with my costume now but I feel like something's missing. My bodice isn't laying as flat as I wanted T.T I've used a faux leather fabric, with buckrum where the grommets are so they don't pull. Is there anything I could put beneath it or maybe a better way of lacing it up so that it's not as crinkly?

I also can't decide how to do my make up. I'm waaay too indecisive when it comes to finishing touches. : ( What do you guys think Mami would wear?
Mami has a very neutral color scheme anyways, so what I personally go with is a gold color on the lid and a medium brown color on the outer corner and through the crease, and I highlight the inner corner and browbone with white light shimmer... then white on the waterline, black slightly winged eyeliner, mascara and natural-looking false lashes, and a set of 3 short individual lashes on the bottom outer corner...
For blush I use a light peach blush, I contour my nose a little with some slightly darker then skintone powder (I do this for ALL cosplays) and then I use a peachy pink gloss on the lips...
I do have to do extensive makeup on my eyebrows because they are black and bushy even with plucking but that's a story for another time XP
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 11:32 AM   #86
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

I used a tarnished gold for her as well (Urban Decay Half Baked). Also false lashes are great!

Costume-Con 32
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #87
HareyuNanami
Princess of Dreams :3

WELP! I am going to try and throw together a Magical Girl Madoka cosplay for the Saturday!~
Problem though!
I dont know where to buy a wig to get here on time! Does anyone know a good place where I can get one?
Also the shoes and socks owo
Any advice would be great! =D
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/images/D/5-780.jpg

Cosplay List!

Convention List
CON-G 2014
Costume Con Toronto 2014
Anime North 2014
FanExpo 2014

My Youtube
HareyuNanami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:56 PM   #88
kristen89

Quote:
Originally Posted by HareyuNanami View Post
WELP! I am going to try and throw together a Magical Girl Madoka cosplay for the Saturday!~
Problem though!
I dont know where to buy a wig to get here on time! Does anyone know a good place where I can get one?
Also the shoes and socks owo
Any advice would be great! =D
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/images/D/5-780.jpg
Saw your posts on two threads so i'll combine everything here:

I recently finished Magical Girl Madoka
The wig, shoes and socks I bought on ebay for various prices and they arrived in a couple weeks, if you bought immediately you might be able to get them on time (hopefully)
You can also check out payless they have cute red shoes that are simialr to madoka's but not as lolita, then just add some red ribbon and done.

As for the gradient effect on the skirt, I skipped it, so can't help you there. Though I've read some people airbrush it on.

I myself am having issues with my petti, I'm re-using an old Halloween one, I feel it's not poofy enough, Rufflebutt had a great tutorial on how she made hers, you can check it out here: http://rufflebuttcosplay.deviantart.com/art/Madoka-Petticoat-Tutorial-254359187

For the bodice I used Simplicity pattern 4015, It gave me the general shape of the poofy sleeves and bodice, that I could then modify the zipper to the side, in order to add the back heart. I also used the skirt pattern from the package for the white skirt but added an extra piece to add poof, might look better as a circle skirt than the rectangle piece they give. The petals I patterned with newspaper to get right.

Hopefully, I was able to help you somewhat, and hope to see you at the saturday photoshoot!
Saturday: Madoka/Maybe Sakura
Sunday: Magnet Miku

~
My Deviantart: http://kristen-productions.deviantart.com/
kristen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:11 PM   #89
Ani_BEE
Freaky Fabulous!

For a wig for madoka you need to go local.

http://thefivewits.net/2011/07/magic...nk-heartbreak/

In Bubble Gum Pink or Rose Pink.
http://arda-wigs.com/products/chibi
http://arda-wigs.com/collections/bub...cts/short-weft

Costume-Con 32
Jack & Red Queen

Anime North
Laplace no Ma
Nehelenia

Future cosplays/cons:
Sakizou Arachne
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #90
Rainbowgasm
fruity goodness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
I used a tarnished gold for her as well (Urban Decay Half Baked). Also false lashes are great!
I use Half-baked too when I'm home getting ready! if I'm going to a con, I don't like to bring my big palettes (I have it in the Naked 2) so I use a pigment I have from Elf/RB Cosmetics... at home I use the matte brown from the Naked 2 palette for the crease, but at a con I double up my contour from my guy characters (NYX Powder Blush in Taupe) as that color... sometimes I'll put a bit of a darker shade on the outer part of the crease if I'm feeling more of a bold Mami look XP
Battler Ushiromiya from Umineko no Naku Koro Ni
Rainbowgasm is offline   Reply With Quote