Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 04-09-2013, 07:07 PM   #1
xcvi
xcvi

Question Did I just receive fake lenses?

HELPP!!!! This is my first pair of circle lenses and I did SO much research. I ordered them from PinkyParadise.. which is the most reputable seller out there.. There are like.. no bad reviews and it seems that everyone swears by them.

I ordered G&G Shiny Aqua (also known as puffy 3 tone blue). These ones:
http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Shinny_...4-shinnyaq.htm

So I received them in the mail today and was kind of surprised at the vials they were in. I took some photos.. if you click on it you can get a closer look:
http://oi46.tinypic.com/wmcyoj.jpg

In this video this girl has the same exact contacts which she purchased from PinkyParadise as well.. she shows the vials at 25 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBqtssSZaUc

The vials don't say G&G at all, aren't they supposed to? All Geo and EOS vials say the name on them. I've never even heard of Messish before either.
The thing is.. this is my first pair.. so I have nothing to compare them with. I still haven't opened them either, just in case. Is there something else that would be a big red flag if they're fake? Am I really just in the clear and this happens to be one of the kinds of vials they send them in?

Anyone who knows anything about this topic please help!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-12-2013, 02:21 AM   #2
Xaila
*hoardes makeup forever*

From here: http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Articles.asp?ID=250

REMINDER: Bottle Labels
1. Sometimes the label is torn off, reason being is manufacturers may have missed some of the labels during production
2. Sometimes label is different from the website. This is because some same products may have different marketing brand, but in fact they are all the same. PP could assure you that the quality and pattern design are exactly the same.

If you are wary still, you can email them asking about the brand you received. While I have not ordered from PP, I have had contact orders I've made from other sources come in different packaging, but my perscrips and everything were the same, and after carefully examining/rinsing/soaking - they were fine.
Xaila is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:04 PM   #3
Suuki
Sakura Chan

I ordered the same color I think. I got the same vile. They are real, don't worry.
Anime Expo 2014
Sukoshi Con 2014
Pokecon 2014

Cosplays
Naruto Uzumaki (Shippuden/Konoha High)
Naruko - Fem!Naru (Shippuden/Konoha High/Maid)
Sakura Haruno (Shippuden)
Hinata Hyuga (Shippuden)
Karin Uzumaki (Shippuden)
Sakura Kasugano (Street Fighter)

Progress: Kyle Brofloski (South Park), Misa Amane (Death Note), Karin Anbu (Naruto- Original Design), Saria (Legend of Zelda)
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 02:35 PM   #4
Ion
Lyrical gangster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaila View Post
From here: http://www.pinkyparadise.com/Articles.asp?ID=250

REMINDER: Bottle Labels
1. Sometimes the label is torn off, reason being is manufacturers may have missed some of the labels during production
2. Sometimes label is different from the website. This is because some same products may have different marketing brand, but in fact they are all the same. PP could assure you that the quality and pattern design are exactly the same.

If you are wary still, you can email them asking about the brand you received. While I have not ordered from PP, I have had contact orders I've made from other sources come in different packaging, but my perscrips and everything were the same, and after carefully examining/rinsing/soaking - they were fine.
Agreed. It is just called "private labeling". Think of it this way, if Pinky Paradise (or any other company) wanted their name on the label as the "brand" and to rename the lens style, they could have labels customized to say so but it would be the same product going into the vials.

An example would be that there was a lot of confusion when EOS Dolly Eye lenses came out as they were often called "Dolly Eye" or "V-209LB" so many people thought they received fakes or just the wrong product. Same thing with many of the i.Fairy lenses. It is just the "house name" but the same product. Pinky Paradise does not sell bootlegs but if you need reassurance, definitely email them.

CURRENT PROJECTS
Lind - Ah My Goddess | Elsa - Frozen (rework costume) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 11:33 PM   #5
xcvi
xcvi

Oh my goodness! Thanks you guys! This was just my very first pair of lenses and I just didn't know how it was supposed to come. Yes, now I'm sure they're real.. and they look awesome!
xcvi is offline   Reply With Quote