Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Wigs and Hair

Unread 04-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #1
Sherby

Winry Rockbell wig - Making the side bangs fuller?

So, a while back, I bought an Arda Wig in Jasmine for my Winry cosplay, and after a bit of styling, it looked like this.

Since then, I've managed to fix and straighten out the bangs, but I'm having some issues with the chunks of longer hair on the side (side bangs? idk what they're called honestly)

As you can tell, they're very thin in comparison to how I want them to look. They should be thicker, almost reaching the front of the ears. But, as of right now, the wig's side bangs don't even cover the hairline because they're so thin.

I don't want to have to pull any hair out of the ponytail to make them thicker because I might ruin the wig itself. What else can I try to achieve the look I want? Should I buy wefts and sew them to the top or sides of the wig?
Sherby is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #2
WARPAINTandUnicorns
Black Magic Woman

Add wefts to the side bangs area. It's what I did for another wig because normally wig are thinner there. You want to sew them under the top layers of the pull back hair where the netting of the wig is so that your hiding the stitch line.

Anime North '15
Souryuu / Sohryu - Yami no Matsuei (Fri)
Nehelenia ~ Sailor Moon (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
cosplay items, wigs, and materails for sale.
Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup reviews!
WARPAINTandUnicorns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
Sherby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_BEE View Post
Add wefts to the side bangs area. It's what I did for another wig because normally wig are thinner there. You want to sew them under the top layers of the pull back hair where the netting of the wig is so that your hiding the stitch line.
Okay, I can definitely try that if the ponytail I put in doesn't work.
I've just watched this tutorial on how to put a high ponytail on a wig, and so far, I've managed to follow it and fix the ponytail itself while pulling out some of the hair on the sides.
But I haven't tried it on yet, so if it's not enough, then the wefts should work out.
Thanks for the help!
Sherby is offline   Reply With Quote