Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Unread 04-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
lavolpe_rossa
La Volpe Rossa

Unhappy Stain Repellent?

Does anyone know of a stain repellent chemical for clothing? I've been searching, but I've only found things for upholstery and alike. Has anyone ever experimented with this stuff?

The reason why is I HATE wearing white, I always get it dirty plus being slightly OCD - I probably wouldn't wear it again if I saw a spec on it. I'm wanting to make a Squidgirl cosplay...so you can understand my hesitation. =____=

I'm not really wanting to buy stain resistant fabric (I'm not even sure if I want to look at prices for that...) Can anyone help?
lavolpe_rossa is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
Boreotheria
n00b

There are things you can put in the washing machine to add some stain-resistance to a piece of fabric or existing clothing. I know Scotchgard makes a fabric protector that's supposed to be for clothing and upholstery, and there are probably knockoff brands that are cheaper. I'd go to the department store and find a bottle of it, and read what it says about how to use it and what kind of fabrics it works on.
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:55 PM   #3
twiterpert
Fiend or Foe?

Don't get a knockoff - Scotchguard is the only way to go. Trust me - it doesn't leave a residue or change the fabric texture but still repels small spills and keeps stains from setting in. It is amazing.
twiterpert is offline   Reply With Quote