Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 211 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #901
Shinysilverhat

Lars Alexandersson

Hello everyone.

I am a beginner to the cosplay scene and I wish to create the Player 1 Lars costume from the Tekken series, any links to guides on the armor, Lion chest piece and wig would be greatly appreciated.

I think I may have accidently posted twice, I'm also new to forums as well...
Shinysilverhat is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-20-2013, 03:15 AM   #902
Shinysilverhat

Lars Alexandersson link

Forgot to provide a link to the actual Lars costume in case it would be any help

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=la...grOwDvDMQjM%3A
Shinysilverhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 11:13 AM   #903
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Note: Very often you will not find a tutorial for everything or even part of what you are looking for. Many times it's best to look for pieces or pieces that are similiar to another cosplay. Look-up others who have already done the costume your interested in. Many are willing share notes. Finally, don't ignore the basics. Once you know them you can make whatever you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by endorphinfix View Post
Hello everyone, I'm eager to make my own silence costume, if anyone has a tutorial i would very grateful. I'm trying to sculpt the mask and hands but currently lacking the dimensions. any help ...please
Check out the Dr. Who sub-forum under Cosplay by series/ Genre -TV/Movie/Musical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsaber920 View Post
Okay, so I'm making a Lemongrab cosplay, and I'm using this as a reference picture:

I already have the nose, chin and brow prosthetics in my possession, however I had no luck in finding something to give that "bump" lemon-like effect on the top of the head (didn't think I would, but it was worth a shot.). How would I go about making this?

My next question is about the clothing that Lemongrab wears:

I honestly can't think of any type of clothing that would look anything like the body suit that he wears. Any suggestions on this?
Have you thought about looking up Conehead or Megamind cosplays? They might help. For fabric look under sewing/fabric craft - Sticky:What fabric should I use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabeda-chan View Post
i want to make hinata hyuga's cosplay... do you know easy tutorials?
or for miku hatsune's cosplay tutorial..
please email me: merui137@yahoo.com
Cosplay by series/genre - Naruto subforum. You could find street patterns for the clothes though mainstream pattern houses. Hoodie/sweater and capris. Look under casual and sportswear. Cosplay Tutorial has two Sweater/Hoodie patterns.http://cosplaytutorial.com/list.php#sewinghoodies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyItsSasuke View Post
okay, well. Big project coming up.
Fancy Dreamer God Tier Vriska.I'm looking for any suggestions, really. Patterns/fabric/tutorials/ANYTHING
Cosplay by series/genre - Comics/Cartoons and Historical Costuming. You can get the bones to that pattern from several historical houses. Simplicity 1728, 2589, 3782,4092 also come to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinysilverhat View Post
Hello everyone.

I am a beginner to the cosplay scene and I wish to create the Player 1 Lars costume from the Tekken series, any links to guides on the armor, Lion chest piece and wig would be greatly appreciated.

I think I may have accidently posted twice, I'm also new to forums as well...
Cosplay Construction - Hair and Wings and Props/ Accessories/ Armor
Unread 05-07-2013, 11:09 PM   #904
kelceyxxkandi
AninexWallace

New 52 supergirl

Sorry Im looking for a tutorial for the new 52 supergirl symbol. Im stumped.
kelceyxxkandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #905
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelceyxxkandi View Post
Sorry Im looking for a tutorial for the new 52 supergirl symbol. Im stumped.
Why are you apologizing? What trouble are you having? You can make the symbol in a variety of ways: Screen painting, fabric painting, badge, iron on transfers... It depends on what you want to do. Try looking in the sewing/ fabric craft and cosplay by genre - comics/ cartoons - DC universe.
Unread 05-10-2013, 06:45 PM   #906
Mirai Baby
Robot Constructor

If there is a possible tutorial out there somewhere that can show me how to make a visor that is in a quite peculiar shape (this one below) I would LOVE some help on it! It needs to be black tinted so no one can see in, but the wearer can see out. I have seen tutorials for PET plastic and RIT dye, but PET plastic (soda bottle plastic) straight from the supplier is pretty expensive, at least the more thicker ones. I'm still not sure which thickness to buy, and I'm nervous about it all.

Also, the shape that I'm trying to make is too wide and long for a traditional 2 liter soda bottle. So .... Please, and thank you!

Unread 05-12-2013, 07:59 PM   #907
gore-font
gore-font

SURVIVAL GAVIN/ STEALTH JUMP SUIT

I'm just looking for some help on how to make the jumpsuit, the design is based off of buttskun design on Tumblr and for some reason I'm having a hard time making a pattern on this one!
I've been looking through overall/jumpsuit patterns but I can't find any free ones or tutorials ;w;
gore-font is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #908
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirai Baby View Post
If there is a possible tutorial out there somewhere that can show me how to make a visor that is in a quite peculiar shape (this one below) I would LOVE some help on it! It needs to be black tinted so no one can see in, but the wearer can see out. I have seen tutorials for PET plastic and RIT dye, but PET plastic (soda bottle plastic) straight from the supplier is pretty expensive, at least the more thicker ones. I'm still not sure which thickness to buy, and I'm nervous about it all.

Also, the shape that I'm trying to make is too wide and long for a traditional 2 liter soda bottle. So .... Please, and thank you!

This is the best answer I could find. Had to go through google because I'm not a member of www.therpf.com and can't use there search engine well. There are other threads on Judge Dredd and Halo helmets that may help but this one was visor specific.

http://www.therpf.com/f67/dredd-helm...erials-175282/
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #909
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

As a side note, http://www.therpf.com/forum.php looks to be very heavy on the prop, armour, etc. side of cosplay. If your looking for that kind of tutorial and you can't find it here, check them out.
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:00 AM   #910
Hyper-Pegasus

I didn't spot any tutorial links on this here, so I'm going to assume either I overlooked it on accident or no one has shared this recently.

Working on plans to do Nirvana/Ada from BlazBlue, but she has these disproportionally long arms. I want to make fake arms to extend my own's length, but design them in such a way I can make the fake fingers move. Have you seen any tutorials on making fake arms with moving fingers?
Hyper-Pegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 07:37 AM   #911
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by gore-font View Post
SURVIVAL GAVIN/ STEALTH JUMP SUIT

I'm just looking for some help on how to make the jumpsuit, the design is based off of buttskun design on Tumblr and for some reason I'm having a hard time making a pattern on this one!
I've been looking through overall/jumpsuit patterns but I can't find any free ones or tutorials ;w;
http://www.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=63304

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper-Pegasus View Post
I didn't spot any tutorial links on this here, so I'm going to assume either I overlooked it on accident or no one has shared this recently.

Working on plans to do Nirvana/Ada from BlazBlue, but she has these disproportionally long arms. I want to make fake arms to extend my own's length, but design them in such a way I can make the fake fingers move. Have you seen any tutorials on making fake arms with moving fingers?
Your getting into puppeteering here. Try puppetsandstuff.com and axtell.com. Axtell's animated arm goes for 350 a piece.
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:41 PM   #912
Kahje

I'm looking for a tutorial on how to make the N7 fury's mask, or at least a way to construct it.

Kahje is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #913
Mclaren Mercede

Hello i wuld like to ask for some help on a servbot cosplay helmet.

It looks like its not too hard but i dont know where to start.

id basically like something like the following, if someone could give me ideas as to what materials to use it would be very helpful!

Mclaren Mercede is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #914
GDoe5

I am completely and utterly brand-new to cosplaying, and this will be my first cosplay ;n;

I'm doing Kagamine Rin's Meltdown outfit. In this picture: http://vocalife.files.wordpress.com/...n_meltdown.jpg how do I do the pleat-like things in her skirt? Thank you for anyone who can help! :3
GDoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #915
GDoe5

Hello everyone. I am cosplaying for the first time in October and I'm not sure what to do for it that much as I am hand-making it.

I'm not really sure how to do the pleat-like things in http://vocalife.files.wordpress.com/...n_meltdown.jpg <this skirt. Can anyone give me any advice on this?
GDoe5 is offline   Reply With Quote