Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Sewing/Fabric Craft

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 04-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #1
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Date Masamune's Vest

Guys help me with this. I plan to cosplay Date Masamune, but I have no idea how to start this vest. Help me
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 04-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #2
Ichigogami
Strawberry paper...DEATH
 
Ichigogami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 1,085
Picture's broken
__________________
Katsucon 2014, Otakon 2014
Ichigogami is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:01 PM   #3
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Just google it please, date masamune
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,735
Do you mean Date Masamune from Sengoku Basara?
In that case I could maybe help seeing I'm working on that cosplay right now and finished the vest some time ago.
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #5
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
ohh, okay, yes please!!!
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #6
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,735
Well, I run a cosplay blog and I have written posts there about how I made the coat.. there's lots of pictures so it might be helpful for you.

Here is the link:
http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com/search/label/Masamune%20Date
(just go back a few pages for the coat/vest making posts)

Hope that helps.
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 12:49 AM   #7
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Oh my god! This is a very great help, thank you a 1000 times!!!
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 09:18 AM   #8
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandoMENESES View Post
Oh my god! This is a very great help, thank you a 1000 times!!!
You're welcome!

Best of luck with your cosplay!
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 02:28 PM   #9
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
You're welcome!

Best of luck with your cosplay!
Do you think I can pull him off, I mean I'm a beginner, and I certainly know how to sew. Am I fit to cosplay him?
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:36 AM   #10
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy
 
Blood_Sword's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 3,735
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandoMENESES View Post
Do you think I can pull him off, I mean I'm a beginner, and I certainly know how to sew. Am I fit to cosplay him?
Well, Masamune is my first cosplay involving armor as well as a somewhat challenging clothing, namely the coat. I've just done a sleeveless shirt and traditional Japanese clothes (kimono, hakama etc) before.

If I'm honest I thought Masamune was too hard for me too at first (even though I've done a bunch of cosplays, but nothing like him), but it's going pretty well so far and I've learnt new skills thanks to this cosplay.

If you feel you have the basic sewing skills at hand (and crafting skills too because Masamune has a lot of stuff) and want to try a challenge then by all means go for it. But if this would be your very first cosplay and you have some sort of doubt biting you then at least personally I would start with something easier and work your way up. But if you want the challenge it's all green!
__________________

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 04-19-2013 at 04:40 AM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 10:18 AM   #11
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood_Sword View Post
Well, Masamune is my first cosplay involving armor as well as a somewhat challenging clothing, namely the coat. I've just done a sleeveless shirt and traditional Japanese clothes (kimono, hakama etc) before.

If I'm honest I thought Masamune was too hard for me too at first (even though I've done a bunch of cosplays, but nothing like him), but it's going pretty well so far and I've learnt new skills thanks to this cosplay.

If you feel you have the basic sewing skills at hand (and crafting skills too because Masamune has a lot of stuff) and want to try a challenge then by all means go for it. But if this would be your very first cosplay and you have some sort of doubt biting you then at least personally I would start with something easier and work your way up. But if you want the challenge it's all green!
Ohh, thanks, but I'm slender, will it work?
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #12
Marika
Registered User
 
Marika's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolandoMENESES View Post
Ohh, thanks, but I'm slender, will it work?
Why would body size have anything to do with whether or not you can pull off a costume? All that means is that the costume will sit a certain way. Whether or not you can pull it off depends on whether or not you can bring that costume to life. Don't worry about your physical build, focus on making the costume to the best of your ability, and I promise you, regardless of your body type, you WILL pull it off.
Marika is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
rolandoMENESES
Cosplayer to be
 
rolandoMENESES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika View Post
Why would body size have anything to do with whether or not you can pull off a costume? All that means is that the costume will sit a certain way. Whether or not you can pull it off depends on whether or not you can bring that costume to life. Don't worry about your physical build, focus on making the costume to the best of your ability, and I promise you, regardless of your body type, you WILL pull it off.
Ahh ok, I got it
rolandoMENESES is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.