Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Anime North

Unread 04-14-2013, 09:51 PM   #121
icevalkyrie7
Cosplay advisor

Not exactly what I meant... it's more like having a non official photoshoot where everyone can join but not go through the whole process of having it written in the booklet per say. Just meet up point and anyone can bring their camera whether pro or not.
I'm asking if we are allowed to organize this regardless of not being in the book?

Unread 04-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #122
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by icevalkyrie7 View Post
Not exactly what I meant... it's more like having a non official photoshoot where everyone can join but not go through the whole process of having it written in the booklet per say. Just meet up point and anyone can bring their camera whether pro or not.
I'm asking if we are allowed to organize this regardless of not being in the book?
If i'm understanding this - by definition it would really be like a private shoot as you wouldn't be advertising it and it would just be your group starting it - and if others show up they are more than welcome - which is fine. You just can't use any of the official locations.

Where the line gets drawn is when people try and advertise for things and make a big group etc. - because that's when people start asking us about "where is X shoot", "why isn't it in Y spot" etc etc. or having people hosting duplicate shoots on the same day - which is what we want to avoid - thus the list. There are plenty of groups that end up having impromptu shoots (like a group from Naruto and others join in) and that's totally fine.

There is a thread somewhere with some good suggestions on locations.

Anime North Reddit Community
DireKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 02:17 PM   #123
ZombiiAxelBlitz
Shy little bull

So are we confirmed for the Valve photoshoot or shall I still send the email and stuff?

Anime North 2013: Keith (L4D2)
ZombiiAxelBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 04:17 PM   #124
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZombiiAxelBlitz View Post
So are we confirmed for the Valve photoshoot or shall I still send the email and stuff?
Nope its confirmed.

Unread 04-16-2013, 05:01 PM   #125
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

I updated the location map to outline the space that TCC 2 can use vs TCC 3. Some groups for TCC 3 may want to move to the other side for either space reasons of if the ice cream trucks take too much space up.

I will have OS make sure people don't host private shoots or things in these spaces.

Unread 04-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #126
Kagomekai

Just out of curiosity is the York room opened before the regular pass pick up or at the same time? (I'm actually one of the two doing the tokusatsu and ranger shoot so not sure when I can start getting my pass at the York room).
Gajinka Gatomon (humanoid)
Ymir from SNK
Kagomekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #127
icevalkyrie7
Cosplay advisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DireKitty View Post
If i'm understanding this - by definition it would really be like a private shoot as you wouldn't be advertising it and it would just be your group starting it - and if others show up they are more than welcome - which is fine. You just can't use any of the official locations.

Where the line gets drawn is when people try and advertise for things and make a big group etc. - because that's when people start asking us about "where is X shoot", "why isn't it in Y spot" etc etc. or having people hosting duplicate shoots on the same day - which is what we want to avoid - thus the list. There are plenty of groups that end up having impromptu shoots (like a group from Naruto and others join in) and that's totally fine.

There is a thread somewhere with some good suggestions on locations.
So then you are saying I should make it an official one then? In that case how do I start one because I know of quite a few people who are interested in having this shoot. If there isn't already a Soul Eater one?
I am however concerned about the location because basically last years shoot was located on the pavement right beside TCC1. Can we not have more locations added for those grass patches in front of the TCC?

Also another to add is if I can't go through with all of this because I'm pretty sure all the times I wanted have been taken on Saturday can I still go a head and organize a open shoot just as long as it's not on the locations mentioned such as the patched grass?

Sorry for all the questions.

Last edited by icevalkyrie7 : 04-16-2013 at 10:02 PM. Reason: more to add
icevalkyrie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #128
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
So then you are saying I should make it an official one then? In that case how do I start one because I know of quite a few people who are interested in having this shoot. If there isn't already a Soul Eater one?
I am however concerned about the location because basically last years shoot was located on the pavement right beside TCC1. Can we not have more locations added for those grass patches in front of the TCC?

Also another to add is if I can't go through with all of this because I'm pretty sure all the times I wanted have been taken on Saturday can I still go a head and organize a open shoot just as long as it's not on the locations mentioned such as the patched grass?

Sorry for all the questions.
An official one would be great, especially since Soul Eater is a really cool anime that people like to cosplay from. There isn't a soul eater photoshoot yet.

TCC has some big gardens in there now (and big pillars near the entrance) that were added/expanded upon last year, add in con goers hanging out and it means you can only stand on the grass if you are lucky, not very conducive to even small/medium groups... saw a shoot there that ended up on the slope and it didn't seemed a big awkward for its size.. The areas there before (TCC 4 was there last year) get shoved onto the pavement road, which was then divided in half by a fence. TCC security basically wants people to be away from the front of the TCC (used to be a location right in front of it). I was thinking i'd have more info about the indoor space earlier, but for next year i'm going to add one more outdoor space... somewhere.

Most of the times have been taken now (this list opens around March 1st). Saturday from 4pm on has spaces open, with 6pm having little competition for space (apparently people didn't realize there were two pages to look at).

You are still free to do stuff with your friends though whenever you like! Just not in any of the booked spaces

Last edited by DireKitty : 04-17-2013 at 07:32 AM.
Unread 04-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #129
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagomekai View Post
Just out of curiosity is the York room opened before the regular pass pick up or at the same time? (I'm actually one of the two doing the tokusatsu and ranger shoot so not sure when I can start getting my pass at the York room).
It's open Thursday and Friday, and it's open at some point on Friday - not sure of the exact time. I usually show up to get my hotel room and then do pass stuff and it's fine. The line is shorter and faster in any case. And indoors.

Unread 04-17-2013, 09:12 AM   #130
icevalkyrie7
Cosplay advisor

Quote:
An official one would be great, especially since Soul Eater is a really cool anime that people like to cosplay from. There isn't a soul eater photoshoot yet.

TCC has some big gardens in there now (and big pillars near the entrance) that were added/expanded upon last year, add in con goers hanging out and it means you can only stand on the grass if you are lucky, not very conducive to even small/medium groups... saw a shoot there that ended up on the slope and it didn't seemed a big awkward for its size.. The areas there before (TCC 4 was there last year) get shoved onto the pavement road, which was then divided in half by a fence. TCC security basically wants people to be away from the front of the TCC (used to be a location right in front of it). I was thinking i'd have more info about the indoor space earlier, but for next year i'm going to add one more outdoor space... somewhere.

Most of the times have been taken now (this list opens around March 1st). Saturday from 4pm on has spaces open, with 6pm having little competition for space (apparently people didn't realize there were two pages to look at).

You are still free to do stuff with your friends though whenever you like! Just not in any of the booked spaces
Darn... yeah I should have done this way before because all the spaces are taken up from the Saturday I see a conflict with people wanting to watch the masquerade. What does the ITCC 1 space look like exactly?

I might go with the Saturday spot at 5 at the DT. How would this badge thing work? because I have a group package for the badges.

Last edited by icevalkyrie7 : 04-17-2013 at 12:34 PM.
icevalkyrie7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:02 PM   #131
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Darn... yeah I should have done this way before because all the spaces are taken up from the Saturday I see a conflict with people wanting to watch the masquerade. What does the ITCC 1 space look like exactly?

I might go with the Saturday spot at 5 at the DT. How would this badge thing work? because I have a group package for the badges.
I have never seen the ITCC spot - but if you recall the area around where food pavilion is there is now a new room about the same size as it that will be used. So it's a pretty decent size and will have black drapes set up as well for a background (although if they use the same beige colour paint that would look nice as well.

You would just take your group badge printout to the York Room of the DT, same as picking up your badge normally just a different location. It's also much faster.

Unread 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM   #132
icevalkyrie7
Cosplay advisor

Quote:
I have never seen the ITCC spot - but if you recall the area around where food pavilion is there is now a new room about the same size as it that will be used. So it's a pretty decent size and will have black drapes set up as well for a background (although if they use the same beige colour paint that would look nice as well.

You would just take your group badge printout to the York Room of the DT, same as picking up your badge normally just a different location. It's also much faster.
Done and done ok sign me up! I'm going with this. How's this work now I send an email and make a forum post on the AN forums and sign up for the panels right?
Unread 04-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #133
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Quote:
Done and done ok sign me up! I'm going with this. How's this work now I send an email and make a forum post on the AN forums and sign up for the panels right?
Yup!

Unread 04-17-2013, 06:25 PM   #134
icevalkyrie7
Cosplay advisor

and sent hopefully that has all the information required. @_@
Unread 04-19-2013, 09:17 PM   #135
DireKitty
Captain Kittens

Closed - looking for a volunteer that would be interested in becoming staff for next year

Last edited by DireKitty : 04-19-2013 at 09:24 PM.