Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Unread 04-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #1
Trishluv

Rukia Kuchiki Cosplay

Hey everyone! I know this might sound a little silly but next year I'd like to try my first cosplay! Which I chose to be Rukia Kuchiki. Now, I have no experience where to even begin looking for all the items besides typing it in on Google; which isn't really taking me anywhere.
So I was really hoping you guys could help me out with finding the items I need(listed below) for next years Sakura-Con(in case anyone needed to know the time limit).

WARNING - I'm cosplaying the newest Rukia Kuchiki as a lieutenant, so if you haven't reached that far in the anime/manga and don't wish to know, feel free to exit now.

Those two images are references to show you what I'm exactly looking for:

Short Black Hair Wig
Shinigami Uniform
13th Division Lieutenant Badge
White Long Sleeve Gloves
Purple Eye Contacts - Please note I have perfect vision, so I don't need prescriptive contacts.
Sword
Sandals - Brand best looks like the ones the Shinigami's wear.
Long Socks - Again, which brand looks best like the ones the Shinigami's wear.

Well, that's about it! I really hope you guys can help me out here as I'm not really sure where else to turn to. I'll be crossing off what items you or I have found so no one has to do extra searching. Thanks to anyone that can help!
Trishluv is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2013, 11:18 PM   #2
Hallowin

As for the wig, costume, badge, gloves, sword and socks, i suggest u Trustedeal , it is my favorite place to get cosplay stuffs, and you could custom-make any of the items there ^^
What
I
Love
^^^^^^^^^^^^
Cosplay1

Cosplay2
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hallowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #3
songbirdblues
let's sing to the sky

I have made several Rukia cosplay tutorial that you might find helpful: http://sorayomi.deviantart.com/gallery/35866115

** Rukia's hair is a pretty basic cosplay wig.
Some of my favorite US base store is epiccosplay: http://www.epiccosplay.com/code-geas...splay-wig.html
and Ardawigs: http://arda-wigs.com/products/derek

** As for socks/tabi: I buy regular white socks from any store[really], and just cut in the middle and sew the cut back up so it is separated by two parts.
songbirdblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #4
Comp_Stein

For the sandals, search for Waraji, though bleach ones have a bit of extra length at the back to cover your Achilles tendon. If you're up to making one, I'm in the middle of this tutorial, and they're looking pretty nice.
Comp_Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 02:27 PM   #5
snowflakefencer
popsicle saber +1

I have done a Rukia cosplay, and I purchased my patterns from folkwear.com. Their patterns are more authentic than what you would find from Simplicity (although the Simplicity Geisha pattern had a really nice "dickey" pattern I used for the inner white kimono piece). I really liked the "hakama" pattern. It's very easy to make (just be prepared to do math lol) and the pleats look soooo much better than wearing baggy black pants. There are tons of Rukia cosplayers out there so you want to stand out!

My friend actually made my vice captain badge for me. I believe she purchased wood from the craft store, glued it together, and used a sharpie to draw the snow drop on.
snowflakefencer is offline   Reply With Quote