Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Site Headquarters

Closed Thread
Unread 03-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #16
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
It's not complete yet, we go through each entry and verify the info before it goes onto the calendar. They're going up as we add them.
Hey along the lines of the calander, while it's being mentioned, is there a way to request a convention to be put on it? I'm not sure where we would make such a request? Thank you
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)

Unread 03-20-2013, 05:18 PM   #17
chiagirl
Sheena Cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTerror View Post
Hey along the lines of the calander, while it's being mentioned, is there a way to request a convention to be put on it? I'm not sure where we would make such a request? Thank you
There is, but you have to be logged in to see it. Once you log in, there should be a drop down arrow from events. Select submit new event, and fill in the required information.
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
JasonTerror
Jei-Cos

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiagirl View Post
There is, but you have to be logged in to see it. Once you log in, there should be a drop down arrow from events. Select submit new event, and fill in the required information.
Ah thanks a bunch. I was able to do it (in fact I just now finished) so yea, again thanks
Tumblr
Commissions Here
Kumoricon 2014 (so far):
-Sora (Kingdom Hearts 2)
-Serena (Pokemon Y [It's the one I have lol])
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Black & Red Ver.)
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #19
pockyman808

I tried to add a event for 2014 but then realized it only went up to 2013... and somehow submitted without completion? anyways, any idea when 2014 will be up?
Unread 03-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #20
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Go ahead and try again, I added 2014 into the submission form.
Unread 03-21-2013, 06:43 AM   #21
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

I just submitted info about some cons in Sweden and Finland from 2012.. I hope they get added soon!

EDIT: Added some events for 2013 too.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 03-21-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Unread 03-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
Harmony

I hope I'm not posting in the wrong place here, but approximately when will the photo replacement option be back, do you think? *__*

I honestly believed that was one of the greatest functions on this site and it made this site stand out from other cosplay sites like CURE, WorldCosplay and ACP that don't have that function. Sometimes I'll upload a cosplay photo, and oops! There's a zit on my face that I didn't notice. No worries, I can just quickly edit it out and replace the photo. Now I can't do that - I would have to delete the photo, and all the comments along with it
Unread 03-23-2013, 06:14 PM   #23
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

The ability to change a photo went away when we moved all of the photos into the cloud. When an image is uploaded, the thumbnails and medium sized versions are actually duplicated onto 20-25 servers around the world. When you visit a photo gallery, it will choose the server closest to you and grab the images from there.

This presented a problem, however. Because images are cached onto these servers, when a new image is uploaded over the old one, it could take 12+ hours for the old duplicated images to "expire" from the cloud's caching, and the old image would show in its place until that happened. Again, this only affects thumbnails and not the full-sized images.

With the new gallery code (almost ready to beta test) I've added something that auto-expires the old images and immediately replaces them, so it will no longer be an issue and photo replacement will be available again.
Unread 04-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #24
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Just to keep this updated as it's been a couple of weeks - we have one other project currently being finished, and then we'll be looking to beta-test the new account administration panels. I anticipate we'll be ready to do this before the end of the month.

I will post an announcement here in the Site Changes forum once we're accepting beta testers. It will also be on a blank site, so it will not affect the current site at all or affect your main account in any way. Last thing we need is a beta test breaking the live site more than it's already broken.

The beta will start out very simple, with photo uploading, costume uploading, and a quick forum for discussing any issues. We'll then flip on the other site functionality as it progresses.

Anyway, I will post more info when we're around one week away from being ready.
Unread 04-16-2013, 11:40 PM   #25
patriciarakel

Since everyone else is asking questions and getting answer, are there any plans to fix the reply to comments function? It's been broken/missing for quite some time.
Astrid (How to Train Your Dragon)
Tinkerbell (Peter Pan)
Reviving This Year:
Annabeth Chase (Percy Jackson)
Katniss Everdeen (Hunger Games)
Unread 04-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #26
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

I'm going to put up a better announcement in a few days (unless this one does the trick), but if anyone who has been watching this thread would like to assist with the beta test, please send me a PM. I just need to know your browser and operating system so I can put together a good mix of users. Also, please make sure you are on a static IP address, as I will be adding your IP address to the test server so that you have access to the test site.

I'll be looking for around 10-15 people for the initial test. If I get too many requests then I will probably be choosing people at random, after categorizing by browser type.

The beta test will not affect your live account or use anything from it either, it is a completely fresh site for testing purposes. You will actually sign up to it like you are a new user. The test site will mostly start off with the new photo uploader and costume administration, and will also have a forum for discussion/feedback.

So if you'd like to help out, drop me a PM. The test will start around May 1st.
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:29 PM   #27
Diagnosed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
With the new gallery code (almost ready to beta test) I've added something that auto-expires the old images and immediately replaces them, so it will no longer be an issue and photo replacement will be available again.
Way to go ^_^!
Unread 04-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #28
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

Thank you to everyone who has submitted so far - please note that I won't be replying to the PM's until we're a couple of days away from being ready. So if you haven't gotten a reply yet, that's why.
Unread 05-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #29
~Sango-chan~

Still in the process of getting things ready or have you already got everyone you need?
Unread 05-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #30
Karitsa
The Black Sheep

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!! SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!
I can't wait to re-organize my photos. Thanks for the hard work!

Nerdy stuff for sale on my deviantART page!
CUSTOM MY LITTLE PONY TOYS ALSO AVAILABLE
Closed Thread