Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Final Fantasy

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #2086
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
@ Tifaia: I DID know that! And I am so excited about it too!!! Woo hoo! Street Fighter, FF6, and Slayers!!!! Ha ha ha!! I guess you rely on your boyfriend for props too huh??? I always have to constantly remind mine to have his stuff ready. I sure hope he can finish your sword on time!
Yep! I fully admit that I suck at props. I'm trying to learn though! I don't know what it is but my brain just has a difficult time comprehending how to take a 2D object and replicate it into 3D. No issues with fabric, but a gun or a sword? I'm out. lol
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2013, 06:53 PM   #2087
Celine
Remember me?

OOH I am so going to Fanime this year! I have to bring some Final Fantasy costume of some kind, it isn't a con without FF. For sure I'm bringing FF4TAY (since I'll finally have Porom to my Palom), but maybe something else. Maybe Edgar since I hope to have him done by then.
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #2088
Seifer-sama

@ Tifaia: I can understand that. Some props I do okay with... but as far as wood working, nah, I will leave that to someone else. It's just not my medium. Give me clay and wonderflex any day! :P

@ Celine: Awesome!!! It would be awesome to see you there. I would love to see some of your costumes in person. Hopefully we will be able to see each other at the FF gathering. And good luck on Edgar!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #2089
KratosAurion28

Hello folks! I´m glad that there is a thread for the older Final Fantasy games

I´d love to cosplay Edward Chris von Muir from FFIV in the near future (intro version) and I have a question about his instrument. In the intro he has a mandolin and in the game, a harp. I don´t own any of those instruments, but I own a 3/4 size guitar (similar/close color as his mandolin) should I use that as a prop for the cosplay? I thought it´s close enough, but I wonder would people point out to me (if they recognized the character) that I have the "wrong instrument"? Of course elitists and nicky-picky people might, but...in general.

I´m not willing to go and buy a new instrument just for this cosplay, when I have one which is pretty close (neither do I have the skills to make one myself, of whatever material). What do you guys think about this? Should I roll with my own guitar?

Thankful for any answers!

Next con: Närcon 2014 (24-27/7 - 2014) Linköping, Sweden
THU - ???
FRI - ???
SAT - ???
SUN - ???

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 04-18-2013 at 11:57 AM.
KratosAurion28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #2090
tifaia
~Pimp Hat +1~

@Celine & Seifer: I wonder if it's too late to sign up and host an old-school gathering. We kind of got shafted by that last year.

Seifer! I need to poke you and figure out what you're wearing each day. I know shiimapan will have her Sakura (so damn cute), but there was another group flying in from the East coast (bah! I can't find her DA profile right now) bringing Vega, Cammy, and Bison on Saturday. Which sounds too good to be true. >.>

Okay so back on topic so I don't get yelled at. Redoing Celes boots! Starting next week! Sucky that they cracked, but you live and learn. Leather spray will work for Cali weather.
~ CosPod - A Cosplay Podcast for Everyone
~ The Geek Spot: All Things Geek Chic. Personal Blog.
~ Flickr Photostream ~ TifaIA Cosplay on Facebook ~ DeviantArt
tifaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 04:44 PM   #2091
Ayekasong
Gaming Addict

@KatosAurion28 - I think rolling with your guitar would be fine. I definitely do NOT think you should go purchase a new instrument. You might get the elitist asshole here or there, but I don't think most people will notice the difference. Honestly, in the original version of FFIV, you can't tell very well what his sprite is holding, anyway!

Of course, my instinct is to nudge you to try your hand at new techniques....but that's only because I like seeing people try new things. Your guitar will be just fine in either case!

Next up: Costume Con
Cons for 2014 - Kitsune Kon :: Costume Con :: CONvergence:: Geek.Kon :: Archon

Publicity head for Costume Con 2016 (Madison, WI). Interested? Ask me questions!
Ayekasong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:57 PM   #2092
Squall-sama
TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!

So I was directed towards this thread.... I didn't even know it existed.... XD Might have to do with the fact that I only recently made an FF cosplay. XD

I've been wanting to do Locke for a while... but never had the opportunity to do so until recently and the urge just hit me and I whipped him out in less than 2 weeks, so he could be ready for SakuraCon. Not recommended, but doable. XD

http://www.cosplay.com/costume/453759/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
CURRENT PROJECTS
Yue, Card Captor Sakura 90%
Midna, Twilight Princess 60%
Crimson Viper, Street Fighter 4 75%
The Goddesses 15%
B-ko, Project A-ko 1%
Carmilla, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust 1%
Filia, Slayers TRY 1%
Boy Ranma, Ranma 1/2 1%
Squall-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2013, 05:42 AM   #2093
KratosAurion28

@Ayekasong Thank you very much for your answer! Don´t get me wrong, I love to try out new things too, but since I have one instrument which is pretty close I can roll with that, if it seems to work fine in general

I will still need to do a specially modified harp for another character I plan to do in the future. This character is Troubadour from Ah! My Goddess. I won´t mind elitists until they get really rude about something, I might just bash them in the head with my guitar xD *silly image in head*

I don´t know about the sprites, since I have only played the re-make of FFIV for Nintendo DS, but fun fact indeed! Thanks man!

THU - ???
FRI - ???
SAT - ???
SUN - ???

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 04-20-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #2094
Seifer-sama

@ KratosAurion28: Awesome! I love Edward. Honestly, I wouldn't be picky about the instrument. I am just happy to see some old school representation. But that may just be me. Looking forward to seeing your progress.

@ tifaia: Yeah I wonder about that too... We got our ten seconds of fame and then it was back to the shadows with you! :P Seriously though, if we have enough people we could overthrow the gathering. :P Okay maybe that wasn't serious... We just need to start our own. And I agree, we have lots of coordinating to do! ^^;

@ Squall-sama: Welcome!!! I am so glad you decided to post your Locke. I think it's amazing that you were able to throw him together so quickly, especially something as detailed as that! Looking forward to having you join us at Fanime too. Yays! FF6!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 04-23-2013, 09:09 AM   #2095
KratosAurion28

@Seifer-Sama Thank you so much for those nice words. Old-school representation indeed, many here in Sweden (as far as I have seen and recognized the characters) does FF7 or newer, so it will be interesting to see if anyone will recognize Edward and their reactions to see an old-school character. Hopefully I will start with him next year or 2015, can´t wait too long, so excited! I know that I have two FF playing friends and one of them went "SPOONY BARD! But hey, cool man that you´re doing him!".

THU - ???
FRI - ???
SAT - ???
SUN - ???

Last edited by KratosAurion28 : 04-23-2013 at 09:19 AM.
Unread 04-23-2013, 01:58 PM   #2096
Seifer-sama

@ KratosAurion28: You are very welcome. I totally support Spoony Bard cosplays! I actually just started playing FF4 and may consider making a Rosa cosplay, but that won't be for a while. I sure hope you are well recognized at your con though. I know a lot of people here really appreciate the old school. It's the same here though, most people will cosplay FF7 or newer, mostly 7 though. I can't wait for you to get started on Edward though!

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 04-24-2013, 03:41 PM   #2097
KratosAurion28

@Seifer-Sama Haha, thanks man! I can imagine that the same goes at your country too. I look forward to see your Rosa progress and wish you good luck with it, when you start

THU - ???
FRI - ???
SAT - ???
SUN - ???
Unread 04-25-2013, 02:29 PM   #2098
Seifer-sama

@ KratosAurion28: No problem. And yeah, FF7 I think will always be the popular one. Ah well, there are still a few followers who appreciate the old school. And thank you for the well wishes! I am not sure when that will happen, but I am excited for it.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%

Planned Projects:
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:05 PM   #2099
kaligoddess
Frost Fanatic

Now that I'm bumpless, I'm getting antsy to start work on my next costume. I'm still leaning towards TAY Edward and Harley, but I'd also love to do Rydia, Rosa, Kefka and remake Kain.
I've learned that nothing will cure in my garage in either the middle of summer or the dead of winter, so I have to awkwardly try to time any armor/prop work in the fall to be ready for the late winter conventions and have to start amassing supplies now because my budget has greatly decreased since the arrival of the newest geek.
Unread 05-18-2013, 08:43 PM   #2100
Celine
Remember me?

Yes do more TAY costumes! Harley would be awesome. Next week at Fanime we are doing TAY, but sadly not at the FF gathering. I just finished my Valvalis costume from FF4 which we'll be doing as a group of all 4 fiends at Akon at the end of the month. Super psyched about that!
Celine is offline   Reply With Quote