Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Unread 04-23-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
CFitzsimmons

Looking for GTA cosplayers

Hello Canadian cosplayers! I have a proposal for GTA folks, particularly anyone who happens to have generic medieval-era costumes - i.e. not from an existing series.

Here's the gist of it: I am a local author trying to put together some live action trailers for my upcoming books. The first book, scheduled for release this fall, is the first in an epic fantasy trilogy. I have a director, an editor, and a composer, and the director's getting his hands on other necessary things such as equipment and sets.

What I need is costumes, and possibly actors. I've tried contacting a couple other outlets - such as attempting to get hold of the local branch of the SCA - to no avail, so I'm turning to the cosplay community because I know there's some seriously talented sew-ers... costumers... tailors? out there. (Obviously I'm sewing-challenged myself.) The costumes need to be original. It's a standard medieval Europe type setting, possibly some other assorted costumes needed as well, though I'll know more for certain what we're looking for when I get the storyboards from my director.

Anyway, if anyone out there can help me out, I would really appreciate it! Please let me know and I'd be happy to give more details. If you can loan out some costumes - or yourself in them! - for a day or two shoot, please e-mail me at Jinx@side7.com. I'm hoping to be able to shoot sometime in the next couple months, but again, that's more up to the crew than me.

Thanks for reading!
CFitzsimmons is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #2
Alice MacLeod
Lady Alice of Ardvreck

Medieval and Victorian is my thing but I left the SCA years ago due to the historical Nazis taking it over. I am not saying they are all like that though but it only takes one to ruin it for all. I wish I could help you but i have only been in Toronto for about a year. I was with the Labrador Living History Group which is now defunct once SCA killed it. I have my Living History 1348 Apothecary outfit for telling the story of the black pestilence but its in bad shape now. It was all hand made 10+ years ago so its going to fall apart eventually and my sewing skills are not what they use to be. Mostly now I am Neo-Victorian Gothic or my traditional Victorian Alice styles.

Cosplays I have:

Alice Madness Returns:
Traditonal, Mixmatched ,Steamdress, Royal Suite, Silk Maiden

Traditional Disney Alice, Soviet Alice

Lolita:
Sweet Pink, Gothic, Gothic Aristocrat Ballgown, Blue "Alice" Ballgown

Anime:
White Album 2 Ogiso Setsuna school uniform
Alice MacLeod is offline   Reply With Quote