Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 04-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #1
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Affordable Lasting Makeup

Hey.. I am sorry if there is another thread for this..
I am on a budget and I need makeup that will stay on for less.

What pallets do you recommend that go on really vibrant and will last you all day?
I am mainly looking for eye shadow and bronzer pallets.. Maybe some blush. (or what ever you use)
But please recommend to me what works for you or whatever you use in your cosplay makeup.

Thank you !
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-23-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

For eyeshadow and blush, Wet n Wild and NYX have some nice colors. To make eyeshadow last longer, I'd recommend using an eye primer first. For bronzer, people like the NYC Color Mosaic Bronzer.

These are all affordable, so give them a shot. If they don't work out, you can invest in something else. But these will probably be okay. Happy cosplaying!
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #3
animenerd93
Neko Neko Chi CHi

for super cheap but still good there is e.l.f. i really like them and they have good primiers and blush/bronzer. havent used their eyeshadows yet but i like their products. plus its like $1-5 max!
RapMonster- BTS N.O
fem!Ravi- VIXX Hyde
Hyuk- VIXX Voodoo Doll
animenerd93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #4
Boreotheria
n00b

I have some Mica Bella mineral makeup that stays in place for a surprisingly long time. All I do is get a drop of water on my brush, dabble it in the powder until I have a bit of a paste, and brush it on my eyelids. It's really bright and intense and it does stay for a while. The brand also has an eyelid-safe glue to use with glitters and powders. I think I'll try to get hold of that and see what it does.

When I bought it, it was cheap, because I got it at a trade show and it was on two-for-one. Full price is expensive. But look around and see if you can find some deals online, because it's nice stuff and a little goes a long way.
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:45 PM   #5
StrawberrySiren
Five Feet of POWAH!

Warning on the Wet n Wild blush. It is super pigmented. I have it and I can't apply it normally. I have to dot a bit on with the cheapo brush it comes with and then blend it out with my usual blush brush. At least that's my experience with their Berry Shimmer color. I use to use a Milani blush but it's since been discontinued. If I want a matte blush nowadays, some of my Wet n Wild lipstick, dot it on my cheeks, and blend it out with my fingers. The best ones to use are the ones in the black tubes since they're a matte formula.

Anyway, the eyeshadows I usually get are by Maybelline. I think they're really good quality and they're what I've always used. They last long enough for me and I have fairly oily lids. I do really recommend a primer as well. I invest in Urban Decay's primer potion since I only need it for special occasions but it's well worth it. You can find cheaper alternatives. I just never tried them.

Tumblr|Twitter|DeviantArt
StrawberrySiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
touchmon
Make All The Things!

Quote:
Originally Posted by animenerd93 View Post
for super cheap but still good there is e.l.f. i really like them and they have good primiers and blush/bronzer. havent used their eyeshadows yet but i like their products. plus its like $1-5 max!
E.l.f. eyeshadow is not really good if you want a really dark/vibrant color. I have their eyeshadow palate and the colors are very light.

And I agree with Nyx having great colors with good pigmentation.

~DA~ ~Facebook~ ~WorldCosplay~~Cospix~ ~ACP~
Quote:
Originally Posted by .PapercutSenvy.
...You are now dubbed the Persona ninja.

touchmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #7
Pheasants

If you can find the colours but nothing that stays very long, you could invest in make up sealer.
I use the ben nye one, and if i just want to seal my eye make up, you can spray it into the cap, them dab it on with your finger tips so you only use one spray, then the bottle lasts longer.