Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Cosplay Tutorials

Unread 04-23-2013, 12:00 PM   #1
BorgmanJayce
Ore Wa, Sanjou!

Looking for patterns for Garterbelt's robe and scarf

Does anyone know where I can get patterns from for the robe and scarf that "Garterbelt" wears in "Panty and Stocking"?

Unread 04-23-2013, 04:17 PM   #2
PSY-chan
Arrogant Ignoramus

Butterick has some religious patterns, although I'm not sure which of them matches Garterbelt. You may need to Frankenstein some together.
PSY-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #3
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I used this pattern for my friend's Garterbelt costume.

For the scarf, I just cut out four long pieces of white (I couldn't cut them on the fold because my friend is super tall). I then plotted out the crosses on it, cut out two of them, folded under the seam allowance and stitched each one to a section of white, and then put two sections of white together at the center back seam and then did it again for the two with the crosses on them. Then I laid the two long pieces together right sides facing and stitched all the way around except for a small opening in the center back, trimmed the seam allowances, clipped corners, and turned it. Then I just stitched the opening closed. It's actually really simple to do.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:43 AM   #4
BorgmanJayce
Ore Wa, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
I used this pattern for my friend's Garterbelt costume.

For the scarf, I just cut out four long pieces of white (I couldn't cut them on the fold because my friend is super tall). I then plotted out the crosses on it, cut out two of them, folded under the seam allowance and stitched each one to a section of white, and then put two sections of white together at the center back seam and then did it again for the two with the crosses on them. Then I laid the two long pieces together right sides facing and stitched all the way around except for a small opening in the center back, trimmed the seam allowances, clipped corners, and turned it. Then I just stitched the opening closed. It's actually really simple to do.
Thanks for the link to the pattern for the robe.

Out of curiosity, would you say that this would be easy for a beginner like myself to make or should I get somebody else to make it for me?

Also, with the robe itself, I take it, I'd need it to be made out of 4 pieces, two for the sleeves, one for the front of the robe and one for the back of the robe.

As for the materials, what materials did you use to make the robe and the scarf?
Unread 04-25-2013, 05:18 PM   #5
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

The costume is actually pretty easy to make if you don't rush it. It's mostly straight lines for the sewing part. There are like four pattern pieces for it: the sleeves, back, front, and collar. The front also has a facing, but it's really easy to put in. The hardest thing about the costume is setting in the sleeves, and those are easy if you take your time (I've been sewing for 13 years and still hate sleeves sometimes). As for the fabric I made it out of, his entire costume is made of cotton sateen. I went with that because my friend's and my Panty and Stocking were made of dull satin and were really flashy and we didn't want him to look bland in comparison. So he had a nice sheen to his costume even if you can't see it really well. But any kind of cotton or a cotton blend fabric would be really good to make the costume.
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote