Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 79 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #5656
tictictok

Two weeks ago my mom told me like the day before the exterminator people were supposed to be at our house that the house had to be cleaned up. She claims she told me the week before when she probably only told my brother and she doesn't seem to be able to tell that we're 2 different people.

Because my brother asked she put it off for a week so "we" could get the house clean.

I cleaned the kitchen, the laundry room, my bathroom and the hallway outside my room.

My mom cleaned her room and bathroom.

My brother like 1/4 cleaned the living room. (I've been wanting to clean it for months but nonono that's pretty much my brother's room so no i cant touch)

My brother was left with the check and he was supposed to deal with them. Today the pest people get to our door and then they call my grandma's house because "nobody's home".

My mom got in an argument with my brother and eventually she had to call my cousin to let the people in. After she got off the phone with him, she starts ripping into me about how I "didn't do any cleaning" and how the cleaning I did wasn't good enough.

Later when my grandma got home (my mom and I were at my grandma's) and my mom told her about everything (including that I "didn't do anything"). My grandma seems to be hellbent on trying to convince my mom to kick my brother and I out because every time house cleaning is brought up and my mom says "THEY never clean" (again with the whole one-entity thing), my grandma suggests kicking us out.

Later grandma asked me in this really fucking condescending voice if I cleaned my room and I said yes (I wanted to say it was one of her business) in a bit of a bitchy voice and she said "how about you try saying things not like a bitch?" and "You're a lot more likeable when you're not a bitch"

sorry for the long post

Check out my plushies tag if you'd like ∩( ・ω・)∩

Upcoming Con- Otakon (GOING AW YE)

Cosplays
-----
Dahlia Gillespie
Mami Tomoe
Twerk Team!Anthy
tictictok is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-22-2013, 08:40 PM   #5657
darth_horo
This is my scary face

Ive gotta vent because I have never hated a situation and/or person in my entire life. This is going to be a long story, so grab a chair, some popcorn and enjoy.

One of my house mates is a complete and utter slob. And I'm not saying I'm better in respect to my own living space (i.e my room), but when it comes to a COMMUNAL living space, I'm ALWAYS sure to clean up after myself and not to leave a mess. The first, and foremost biggest issue I noticed moving into this place, was that he was a complete and utter slob whenever his dad left back to his home overseas. The first few months, there were dishes piled up between him and his girlfriend, the trash was usually piled high and about overflowing until he decided it was time to pack the garbage up and throw it in the bin (that is, not unless someone else got fed up and did it for him). This is all coupled by the fact that he probably had the munchies, as he is an AVID pot smoker and drinker, and often eats a ton of microwaveable foods (from what I can tell). The pot smoking issue was so bad that I've stuffed the vent in my room to make sure I don't wake up hotboxed the next morning as I'm going to work.

Then there was the start of a nasty argument which turned out into a full out yelling contest between him and his girlfriend one weekend. Suffice to say, a few holes in the wall and other broken things later, the weekend was extremely awkward for me. Half the time, it was a pain in the ass to go to the kitchen when the kettle pot that was their relationship at the time, could go off without a seconds notice. I didn't eat much that weekend, because the arguments were pretty much every 30 minutes or less, and usually in the vicinity of the kitchen.

Shortly after this, and going into the Christmas season, his father came home and things started getting cleaner (for once). I was happy in that it no longer felt dirty just walking downstairs, and I could use the kitchen more freely in that I didn't have to care much for grime as well as the fact that there was now space to place my food on the counter without it being a bloody mess. Unfortunately, I didn't get to stick around long because of the Christmas holiday, and so going back to my hometown to visit family and friends meant the cleanliness wasn't as long lived and enjoyed. I came back after the holidays, and had found out that the two broke up (sad to see anyone break up, but in all fairness, that relationship was a train wreck waiting to happen). According to my other housemate (there are two of us renting rooms on the top floor of this two story house I should mention), the break up was extremely terrible. Screaming outside at midnight, crying, a lot of name calling and call outs, and a vivid display of all this in front of the parents to boot. To keep things impersonal, they finally split - but not long after his girlfriend called him out on his slob and lazy tendencies, such as not putting an effort into getting a job or taking so long to finish his apprenticeship-type-education.

His parents apparently put him straight and re-evaluated his life, including changing his career path and going back to school for something else, along with doing other things. I had hoped, in all my foolishness, that perhaps a slap from reality would at least fix some of his issues (i.e drinking/weed etc), but much to my chagrin, this was not the case. Shortly after his dad left in early February, I noticed he didn't seem to be going back to school despite enrolling in the 2nd term in early January. I've not confront this with him, as I at this point have real little care about his personal life as his life style bothers me, but I've not seen his car leave the front drive way at any time during the day (not to mention, having been sick once or twice and noticing he has stayed at home doing nothing at all whenever I have stayed home).

One improvement however, and perhaps this a result of him not having his girlfriend around and thus, an extra mouth to feed, but the kitchen for the most part, has been a lot cleaner and more tolerable to be in. But that's about it.

Lately, and on par with what I mentioned before, he just stays at home and watches movies all day and has friends over. This place, despite his own fathers rules (which I imagine, should apply to him as well), states that this place shouldn't be a daily hangout for friends out of respect for all the tenants. But I don't mind it all too much, but it doesn't help the image that he does nothing. Furthermore, and what does piss me off about this, is that he often streams movies all day with his friends and hogs all the bandwidth - we've already upgraded the net up here, which is pretty darn fast if I do say so myself, but it doesn't matter. I can even play any of my online games anymore because of him, so I'm stuck doing other things in my spare time after my 8 hours at work. It's been especially bad in the last few weeks, in that I swear I've seen him lagging the net right up until the peek hours of the morning (I stay up on weekends sometimes to catch up on some animu with my brother over skype).

What really topped it off, however, was this past weekend. I was up with my bro on skype watching some animu (as I mentioned above), when all of a sudden my brother asks me "what's that noise?" I take off the headphones, and I can hear the piano downstairs playing around 1:00 am. Rude, since the other housemate has work early morning at the hospital the following morning (like at 6:00 I believe). I ignore it, just rolling my eyes, because he's probably drunk and out of his alcohlism, is inadvertently being inconsiderate without noticing. A few minutes later, I see the car drive out (and I assume he's not drinking and thus being a dick earlier, unless he's insane and driving after having drunk a few beers) and feel a bit relieved knowing that it's back to being a little quiet. But oh how was I wrong ...

Around 2:00, or maybe a bit earlier, I hear the door open and I immediately here several people walk in. The number of people grow more and more, and before I know it, there are several people yapping loudly and walking downstairs into the basement to smoke it up, drink and party loud. I can hear loud and obnoxious girls yapping and gossiping, a guy or two laughing pretty loudly and doing other shit. You know, it'd have been REAL nice if he at least TOLD us he was going to party at his place, at the very least, keeping in mind that one of us works SHIFT work every other week at the hospital (that's the nature of his job), and that very morning, he'd be up and out to go to work. Furthermore, I'm gone every other weekend almost to visit family, friends and the puppy back home, so he could have easily just waited for a weekend where I was gone and he was working night shifts - but no. He didn't. He just up and had a party 'till 7:00 am. Yes, up that late. Fucking marvelous. Doesn't even consider the fact that several of my dishes were used by his buds, which I really don't appreciate.

So that about sums it up nicely. I'm omitting several other factors, such as the fact that Ive sworn some of my food has been taken from the fridge at times, or that hes swapped my laundry days inconveniently - but they're just too minor and numerous to bother trying to remember em all. In all honesty, I thought about leaving but I've only got 4 more months before I leave this place, finish my co-op and go back to uni for my last and final year of schooling in my entire life (6 years of undergrad engineering+business degree and coop). I honestly want to leave here though, and somehow just fuck him over big time somehow. I honestly do. I'm thinking I should just leave a huge letter explaining to his dad why he's fucking shit up; I'm sure he'll beat some sense into him (hopefully literally through the back of his head several dozen times with a good number of whacks) especially because I'm sure he's not going to school despite having switched his career path at his dad's expense no doubt.

And to note; we have confronted him on this shit before (such as cleaning, as well as the partying more recently).

Fan Expo 2013:
First Costume: Commissar Lord - Warhammer 40k: Completed/Touch Up

Anime North Cosplay 2014:
First Costume: Dark Angel's Space Marine - Warhammer 40k: 0%
Second Costume: Commissar Lord - Warhammer 40k: Completed/Touch Up

Quote:
"To me guardsmen, to me! This is your last stand! No doubts, NO FEAR." - Commissar Lord Bernn

Last edited by darth_horo : 04-22-2013 at 08:56 PM.
darth_horo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 07:58 AM   #5658
100AP

Arg "not helping" is understating

I AM DONE with helping her. For a convention going on last weekend I had a group plan for the event. I made both mine and another friend cosplay and there is a last member who wanted to make it on her own. I understand it is a first cosplay and all but I felt like she wasn't trying at ALL. and relied on me too heavily. Coming up with excuses like my family wont let me do anything or I got no craft skills. For one, honey you are what in your twenties now, and has been out of the house for years now, this is a college campus there are tons of sewing classes available, you just rather be lazy and hang around on fb all day. I know I must sound harsh but I'm a firm believer if you really want to learn you will learn it! Cause my parents were 100% against me when I work on cosplay stuff but I fought it and learn skills till know through mistakes and research. There was no one to guide me when I first started so seriously be grateful there is someone to guide you. The more I hang out with this girl the more I realized how two face she is. Money is not the issue here but the dedication amount. The weekend where she finally wanted to work was the weekend I had to work on my final portfolio (the thing that determined if I get into the program of choice). Obviously this is more important than her cosplay. Cosplay takes time and I know for a fact this girl does not understand this. And I am sick and tired of hearing stuff like that. The main reason why I am posting this is after the convention she went on the forums and posted that the reason why she didn't finish the cosplay was because she got LITTLE TO NO HELP. I can't believe how someone can even say that. I was the one who modify the pattern and help cut it out. I even gave her instructions she lives 3 flight of stairs down if she had problems she could of ask. To say that just makes me want to punch a wall out of frustration. I'm sorry that you don't understand cosplay take times and I'm sorry that you are always playing victim. And I am done with you.
100AP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #5659
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

I'm so pissed off at the post office right now. I went to pick up a package today that I had ordered off AmiAmi, and the box looked like someone kicked the corner of it in. The box itself says "Fragile, handle with care" on it! I was hoping that the contents inside would be fine, but nope! The bottom of both of the items are pretty freaking damaged! I did contact AmiAmi about it, but it's not their fault since I order from them frequently and everything has been fine. What also sucks is that they're now sold out of both items. I just want my items in good condition, so I'm super pissed at USPS right now!

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:11 PM   #5660
Lithium Flower
Handphones

I have comcast cable and was watching an episode of Doctor Who. I paused it to make something for lunch and when I got back I accidentally hit a menu button that brings up an On Demand page. I exited and instead of having me paused where I left off on the episode it took me to the program that's normally playing in this time slot.

So I had the show paused for long enough that the next program would come on. But instead of taking me back to where I was paused on the episode where I could finish it, Comcast will just put you right at wherever the current program is playing.

It won't let you rewind out of the current program.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Tumblr silliness.

◆○◆○◆○◆○◆○
Deviantart of more super silliness

Lithium Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 05:53 PM   #5661
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

My post office is totally just F'n with me now. Supposedly my damaged package that I picked up yesterday has insurance due to being sent Registered SAL, but the form included with it says insured value of 0, so no idea if I can file an insurance claim. Then something I ordered off ebay that was supposedly delivered on the 15th according to tracking, came in today. Bad part is I for sure thought it was delivered to the wrong house, and ordered another one on Monday. FML!

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM   #5662
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

I live with 4 other roommates, let's call them china guy, female roommate, jerk and my boyfriend. About 3 months ago China guy let us know he needs to get a work visa by April or he won't be able to stay in the US. We helped him look but no luck. 2 months ago, we realized if we lose China guy we won't be able to afford the house we rent. So we started looking into moving. Jerk roommate talked with us and let us know that if all else failed he would rent out the extra room and we wouldn't have to move.

Even Jerk roommate was excited, he'd get a bedroom and an office. He has a good paying job so he can afford it. We stopped looking for new places to live. Now China roommate only has a month left. He's confirmed he's returning to China. We're good right? Oh... god no.

Jerk roommate decided he was going to look at houses and sign a lease. He facebook messaged my boyfriend and I to say "Oh btw guys I'm moving out in 3 weeks haaa..." So with 2 people moving out we cannot afford the house at all. We aren't able to find a new place, get accepted (credit wise), move and clean the old house in 3 weeks. It's impossible. Best part, Jerk roommate didn't bother telling female roommate. She is medicated for depression and anxiety so he didn't want to deal with it. I let her know as soon as I could.

After panicking everyone decided to stay in the house until May and cover his missing a**. So now I have a rent charge for this upcoming month that's going to cost me a little over $1,000 to cover China guy and Jerk roommate. All right before Fanime. Lovely. I am a very angry short mexican and I will continue to be that way until I find a new apartment and move.
Sayaka (Puella Magi).......Progress 5%
Haruhi (OHSHC)..............Progress 100%
Ruby (RWBY).................Progress 80%

Cons for 2014:
Sac Anime Winter, AOD, NorCal Gathering Spring, Kraken Spring, EBRC Picnic, Sac Anime Summer, NorCal Gathering Summer, Yaoi Con, Japan EXPO, Jtown Magical Girls Gathering, Kraken Winter

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu

Last edited by Naiagu : 04-24-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 06:41 PM   #5663
dagmarus
Gondor Enthusiast

I swear, it could be DEAD at my job ALL day, but the MOMENT I'm on my own for the night, EVERYONE decides it's time to call, come in, AND deliver shit all at once, and then have the nerve to act all impatient as I try and hack my way through the bottle neck of work building up.

'I am a destroyer of worlds!

'I am Harry Fucking Potter!'
dagmarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #5664
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

Lol. Gf's sister thinks that because she's going to a study abroad thing in Ireland for six weeks over the summer that her mom won't pay her part of the rent.

That's not how it works hunny. You still live here, and rent is due whether you're sleeping in that bed or not. Your mom better pay or you need to figure out how to come up with $600 dollars before you leave (2 months of her share of the rent). Meg and I might not be able to CTcon because she may not get the time off from work but if we have to cover her sisters share of the rent we definitely won't be going to CTcon.
Meg is going to ask her mom about that tomorrow, she's already left for work now.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:17 PM   #5665
LoliLovely
They Can't Fire Me I Quit

Soooo I'm "another family disappointment"
LoliLovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:23 PM   #5666
sam vimes
A real live wire

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoliLovely View Post
Soooo I'm "another family disappointment"
Why come?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:36 PM   #5667
Moonsong
daughter of evil

So I just realized that the girl who was my very best friend all throughout elementary and middle school unfriended me on Facebook. (Oh so dramatic, I know, but it is still kind of a disappointment.) I guess I can understand..We don't talk much anymore, and I moved away a long time ago, but I always tried to make pleasant conversation with her when I caught her online and I remembered to call her on important occasions just to say hello and shit. Today was her birthday and I went to send her a message, and that's when I noticed. I guess I just expected some kind of explanation since we had been such good friends back then.

Growing up sucks. Growing apart sucks.

Anime Expo & Otakon

★Shizuma (Strawberry Panic!) - 50% complete
★Saber EXTRA - 85% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2013, 09:38 PM   #5668
UsakoLuna
Ugg McMuffin

I honestly un-friendly people on their birthdays. Like it'll say "It's Frec Somebody's birthday" and I'll have no idea who they are, so I unfriend them.
My Cat's Tumblr
Avatar drawn by the awesome Lithium Flower
UsakoLuna is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:16 PM   #5669
penny_dreadful
la ctholita

My boss

"And we are all told from the moment we open our eyes, that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion. Well, thatís horsepuckey, of course. We are not entitled to our opinions; we are entitled to our informed opinions. Without research, without background, without understanding, itís nothing. Itís just bibble-babble. Itís like a fart in a wind tunnel, folks." --Harlan Ellison
penny_dreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 02:59 PM   #5670
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

At least you stick to your guns.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote