Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Costume-Con

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-26-2013, 12:03 AM   #16
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Hahah yep here it is, 3 weeks out, and I haven't left myself enough time to do Single Pattern. And I had such plans for those chaps!

We're getting our SF&F entry done, though, dammit, come hell or high water. I want to be watching for tornadoes out the car window, not hand-sewing!

COMMISSIONS! Strange Land Costuming - www.strangelandcostumes.com

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
CapsuleCorp is online now   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-07-2013, 04:48 AM   #17
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

iam almost done with my 3 entry
4 if you count doll entry ^^

who coming 16 may in plane ill be there around 11 am

hope i not get lost omg ill bring paper with info on it lol!!!
so good explaning thing ^^ ya right hehe!!!

i cannot wait
kicking my ass to finish the lasat minute stuff ^^

how about all of you ^^

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 10:49 PM   #18
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

I wish I had the time for more than one entry. How do you do it, Trixy?

We're going to finish, but probably at the very last minute. Other than our SF&F entry, I'm mostly bringing One Piece costumes and some costume pieces that work as normal clothing. I wish I had the time to fix Zoro's wig but I don't.

Director, SF&F Masquerade - COSTUMECON34 - Madison, Wisconsin - May 6-9, 2016 - www.costumecon34.com
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:02 AM   #19
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Yeah I'm just barely managing to finish my SF&F. For the rest, dunno what I'll bring.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:02 AM   #20
trixyloupwolf
A LONELY kitty

i begin earlier hehe that how ^^
iam not finish of course but i start early nya!!
see ya in 4 dayyyyy

were no one is...there i should hide and awaite.....
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...1_edited-2.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...600x120-v4.jpg
trixyloupwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 11:48 PM   #21
Curucar

Ohhey. I totally forgot that this con has it's own section. I'll be bringing Hiccup tomorrow, and then generic steampunk for sunday. Stop by the AnomalyCon table since I'll be sitting there dyeing a wig all weekend...
Unread 06-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #22
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Do we want to keep this thread going for 32 or start a new one? I started this originally for CC30 in Phoenix/Tempe.

If we're keeping it going, I'll contribute. I'm lightening my costuming load for the new year, so it's possible I'll only finish one of the two new costumes I want to make for CC32. My husband and I are working on Quidditch robes for Archon, so those will probably show up at the social or on Saturday.

We're really putting our hearts right now into our historical entry, which is the eponymous Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell. If we happen to finish those and have time, we'd like to continue with the Captain Nemo costume we started for him. It's just that the Captain Nemo costume will require set pieces and things we cannot afford at the moment. Let's see how the year pans out.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2014, 12:22 AM   #23
jukebox
role models > supermodels

I'm entering in the Sci Fi and Fantasy masq as well as Historical. I can't afford to over-commit to plans because I'm in school and since I so rarely do competitions, two at one con is going to be more than enough for my mind to deal with. @_@

PROFILES
GEEKPR0N | Twitter | deviantArt
jukebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 03:00 PM   #24
Ani_BEE
Black Magic Woman

I can't imaging doing more then 2 costumes for this but then again both of mine devouring tons of fabric. O_o

FanEXPO
Regina ~ Once Upon a Time(Fri)
Madeline Hatter ~ Ever After High (Sat)

Future cosplays/cons:
Anime North, Otakuthon, FanEXPO '15
Nehelenia
Allen Crown Clown
Sakizo Anniversary
Steampunk - Bride

For Sale
My Wigs • Mascot, Costumes (Humanity has Declined) & D.Gray-man Poker Cards • Zori&Tabi from Japan

Arda & Shop.cosplay wig fiber swatch comparisons & Cosplay props tutorials and Makeup revies!

Last edited by Ani_BEE : 01-15-2014 at 08:21 AM.
Ani_BEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:42 PM   #25
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

I WISH I could make more stuff than my two costumes, but luggage space (got to take the bus) and budget AND time say noooooooo. I'll be rewearing my Princess Luna gijinka from Con-G, and I'll be debuting my remade Quorra from Tron: Legacy (that's planned for competition). Not sure what else I'll wear. I might just dress in my not-typically-suitable-for-everyday subculture fashion. I thought of bringing a comfortable cosplay along like Twilight Sparkle, but I doubt it'll get remotely the same attention as at regular conventions.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c

Last edited by ShinobiXikyu : 01-14-2014 at 09:46 PM.
ShinobiXikyu is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 12:53 AM   #26
shinigami714
Illustrator

So excited! It will be my first ever Costume Con! But sadly I think I'll only have time for one new costume, so I'm making The Faun from Pan's Labyrinth, and I hope to wear it in the SF&F masquerade. I'll be re-wearing Zant and either Sewer Urchin or Falco.

Unless of course I manage to finish Yojimbo from FFX by then as well. But that is doubtful!

Also after viewing all of the Future Fashion Folio designs I really want to make one of those as well!
shinigami714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 02:33 PM   #27
KuroBara
dog of the military

This is only my second Costume-Con, and second visit to Canada. I still haven't decided if I'm flying or driving, so that really impacts what I pack. I'll be bringing my Shobijin costume from Godzilla vs. Mothra. I've started making Katrina's witch outfit from Sleepy Hollow (obsessed!) but I'm not sure if it's better for the F&SF masquerade or historical. The design is fairly accurate to colonial fashion, but not 100%. My fabrics are a blend of realistic (silk, cotton, linen) and no way (poly brocade). Any input would be appreciated.

Oh, and because it's in Toronto I'm definitely bringing Envy Adams from Scott Pilgrim vs the World.
Unread 01-18-2014, 06:33 PM   #28
Sarcasm-hime
bead addict

Re: the Sleepy Hollow dress, I think it could go in either. It depends on which day you want to compete it. It would certainly work well for the F&SF, but if you want to compete on Sunday I'd email the historical director and ask him what he thinks. I'll PM you the email address.

The International Costuming Convention is coming to Toronto Canada!
4 Days! 4 Masquerades! Dealers, Tours, Parties, Costuming Panels and Classes, Cosplay, Props, Doll Show & Competitions, Steampunk, Sci-fi, Fantasy, and so much more!

www.costumecon32.com

the den of sarcasm - my website
Magpie Creations - jewellery and wa-loli accessories
Sarcasm-hime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2014, 07:29 PM   #29
CapsuleCorp
Master level costumer

Man, I have no idea what I'm bringing. I'm no longer entering Single Pattern or Future Fashion show, so I guess it'll be whatever's in my closet. As much as I would like to make something new, I just don't have the money to sink into costumes I won't wear more than once.

Unread 01-18-2014, 10:02 PM   #30
KuroBara
dog of the military

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcasm-hime View Post
Re: the Sleepy Hollow dress, I think it could go in either. It depends on which day you want to compete it. It would certainly work well for the F&SF, but if you want to compete on Sunday I'd email the historical director and ask him what he thinks. I'll PM you the email address.
Thanks!