For National Princess Week I’m having a special everyday for new commissions
Monday was 15% off Commissions of the 5 first Disney princesses
Tuesday was free Petticoat/hoop of the first 5 Disney Princesses (This is still available)
Wednesday was 10% off a non Disney princess (This is still available)
Thursday was 15% off a blue or pink princess gown (TThis is still available))
Friday/Today is 10% off a primcess outfit needing a custom printed fabric (This is still available))
And you guys get tomorrows last special which is any special above! First 5 people!
Specials are for only the 1st to book! Saturdays is an exception!
Discounts are for labor charge only.
Deadlines must be for November or later
Not valid to anyone who has asked me for a quote already
Must mention day of special
PLEASE DO NOT PM ME HERE OR MY FB PAGE. Please fill out this form, http://www.123contactform.com/form-5...uote-Inquiries
My box here gets too full too fast to keep it clear and my FB messaging are for clients who book with me. Otherwise their messages get lost in quote inquiries as well.
My commissioning information:
I specialize in Disney costumes but I can do others
My Disney costumes are one of a kind. I can make park replicas but I love to make unique dresses.
I'm Roxie Ceron of Elkaydee Threads!
I have been sewing for around 8 years. I am self taught. Everything I have learned is from experience, youtube, and many many many books as well as my mentor/friend Ahza Miracle, multiple masquerade winner from Mexico.
What I do!
1. I focus on quality and craftsmanship. I make my costumes like actual functioning clothes. They are not made just to cover your body but to work with your body.
I do not skip corners.
Every single cut piece is serged. Every seam is pressed every time it is worked on.
Modesty panels are included for those who want a lace back.
2. I do not make floppy saggy costumes. There is structuring inside my costumes. Which means besides the fashion fabric and the lining, I use coutil, duck cloth, twill tape, interfacing, steel boning, etc.
My seams are meant to flatter your waistline, not straight, flat and unflattering.
3. Every costume I make is different. You will never get the same costume someone has nor will someone else have the same costume as you. I do not copy any other costumes. I find this really disrespectful. I have had some bigger designers copy me and it is not a fun feeling. I would not do the same to others. This is an exception if there is permission from the original costumers.
4. Fabrics and notions are cheaper in price which reflect on the final bill. I live by the fabric district where I am friends with many shop owners and get discounted (already cheap) fabrics. Also a huge selection of any fabric you can think of. Which means there are multiple choices you can choose from.
5. I do not line with lining fabric. I find them too cheap and thin and uncomfortable against the skin. I either use cotton (easier to spot clean/soaks up sweat better than polyester) or the same fabric as the outside. This also helps the costumes last longer. The only exception to this is jackets that sit on top of other fabrics, the lining fabric is needed to put on a smoothly.
6. I prefer not to use screen accurate fabrics. Meaning, flat plain fabrics are only used as a contrast fabric. I like to make things unique to each wearer and to have visual interest. I love realism and broadway styling. Trims are my friend!
7. I have multiple design skills and appliances available for additional fees. I own a airbrush machine and am experienced with airbrushing and can be included if needed or wanted. I can treat your costume with glitter that will not come off. Rhinestoning is also available. I do own an embroidery machine for those needing embroidered costumes.
8. Every step of the process of making your costume will be uploaded. Every project gets their own folder in my FB page where you can see everything that goes on in making it.
9. IF and IF costumes do not fit once it arrives. Do NOT worry. I will NOT leave you hanging. I will do EVERYTHING to get it perfect and done for you.
10. I do not use patterns sold in stores or online. They are meant for home use and say so on the packets. These designs are protected and can cause problems if you sell what you made with them.
I pattern and draft every piece by hand. If a character has seam lines in their design, you costume will have those exact seams. I can incorporate corsetry to any bodice. I can and have made corsets if those are needed.
Now this all takes money and time and I understand some of you are in a budget or have a set vision the outcome.
I do do budget costumes. Instead of steel boning, I can use zip ties. (They don't warp like plastic boning). Plain fabrics for costumes fall into this category. If I must and you wish it, I can skip the structuring which will save on material and labor cost. I rather not because this helps your costume last longer.
I do make custom designs. If you want an elaborate different unique gown or a humanized version of a character, I can sketch those out for you for free. If I sketch out a design for you and you decided not to commission me, please do not take that design to another seamstress. That is extremely disrespectful
I do NOT do;
wigs anymore. Unless included with a costume.
Props including wings.
Now the important price. I charge by the hour + material cost. I only charge $10 an hour. I am NOT trying to live off of this. I only wish to keep busy and fund my own cosplay with these commissions. I DO accept payments. However I do ask for the estimated material cost upfront. Rush orders (deadlines in the same month) have a $50-$100 fee depending on how complicated it is.
My Website is still being worked on unfortuantely.
If you wish to inquire for an estimate,
PLEASE use my 123 contact form.
I will give you an estimate. It can be less or more of what I give you.
If you wish to go through with it, I will send you a contract and a measurement worksheet for you to fill out.
Once the first payment is given, I can start your costume.
Thanks for reading ^^
Oh one more thing! I do live in a house with many dogs, most are hypoallergenic poodles but I do have a pug that sheds. If this is a problem, please let me know!
My FB page is https://www.facebook.com/lkdthreads?ref=hl