Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Dragon*Con

Unread 04-28-2013, 02:13 AM   #16
Kilayi
photo by ZeronXepher

I'm not sure if Ktar and I will be wearing our Weeping Angels in the parade like last year, but we might. The Prydon Academy group is a hoot

We might be marching with a Tolkien group since our newest costumes will be some dwarves though, it's all up in the air right now
Chihiro - Spirited AWay
Alibaba - Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Armored Snow - Concept Disney Princesses

Kilayi is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-30-2013, 08:55 AM   #17
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilayi View Post
I'm not sure if Ktar and I will be wearing our Weeping Angels in the parade like last year, but we might. The Prydon Academy group is a hoot

We might be marching with a Tolkien group since our newest costumes will be some dwarves though, it's all up in the air right now
We need you! We need every Whovian possible! Also, I bet the Tolkein group won't have a float to ride on.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

What is actual process/requirements for being in the parade? Or is this something that should be skipped for one's first Dragon*con? I hear a lot of people talking about "yes, join us!" - but I thought there were a limited number of parade badges?

As long as I don't botch my suit, I'd consider marching or riding the float, but I have no idea what is actually involved...
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asguard)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #19
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

For all who are interested in participating in the parade:
http://prydonacademy.com/forum/ is the website for Prydon Academy. Sometime in the next couple of months they will start a post for people to sign up for the parade.
They accept people until fairly close to D*C. If it works better for people on here, I can start a post here and pass that on to those in charge at PA. They just need to know how many people and who you're planning to be.
They organize the group of us by era (First Doctor, Second Doctor, etc) to begin with and we really do try to keep that organization through the parade. All you have to do once you've signed up is show up at the designated spot and pick up your ribbon! It's so easy and fun! Join us!!!

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:41 AM   #20
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork_Ducky View Post
What is actual process/requirements for being in the parade? Or is this something that should be skipped for one's first Dragon*con? I hear a lot of people talking about "yes, join us!" - but I thought there were a limited number of parade badges?
Follow the above link to sign up. I did the parade my first D*C and had a great time. I can't imagine anything more fun, to be honest. Then again, I really, really, really, really like getting up in front of people, and the parade gave me a chance to do that. I don't see a good reason to skip it your first year. Just, when you first arrive at the con, walk down to where the parade route begins so that you don't get lost on Saturday morning.

There is a limited number of participants in the parade, supposedly, but I've never seen them actually enforce it. They DO enforce a strict cutoff date for requesting parade ribbons, so you'll need to sign up through the Prydon Academy group or on the Dragon*Con Parade Yahoo! Group as soon as you know you're doing it.

All of that said, I do want to let everyone know that my husband, who is an EXCELLENT Second and Fifth Doctor, is doing the parade with me, but he's not sure which of those costumes will be in higher demand during the parade (basically, what won't we have enough of come Dragon*Con?). As I'm going to be Jamie, I'd love to have him to... er... grope... but I'm willing to be unselfish if we really need a Fivey.
Kawa Kon: Into Darkness in 2014!
supergeekgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #21
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergeekgirl View Post
Just, when you first arrive at the con, walk down to where the parade route begins so that you don't get lost on Saturday morning.
Usually there is somewhere in one of the host hotels where a lot of Prydonians meet up before heading up to the parade that morning. They post that closer to the con. Also, if you forget to find out where the parade route begins, just follow all the people in costume to it Saturday morning. Then just look for the group of Doctors. There's typically a very in-character Six running around making it quite obvious as to where they are.

Working on:

Eventually:
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:01 AM   #22
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

I totally forgot. I'm actually doing Ten in the parade ("Army of Ghosts" Ten with the ghost-trapper), so my husband could be either Two or Five.
Unread 05-03-2013, 08:39 AM   #23
usagianddarien

I'm doing Sailor moon/ the Tardis

My cosplay facebook: https://www.facebook.com/usagianddarienshoes
usagianddarien is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2013, 01:28 PM   #24
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

100 days to go and where are all the Doctor Who guests?!

Working on:

Eventually:
Unread 05-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #25
supergeekgirl
Kawa Kon Chair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirogoeth05 View Post
100 days to go and where are all the Doctor Who guests?!
I KNOW! I've heard rumors about it, some good, some bad. The main one I've heard is that they're having trouble getting Doctor Who guests because most of them are being caught up by 50th anniversary celebrations elsewhere.
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:01 PM   #26
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
I KNOW! I've heard rumors about it, some good, some bad. The main one I've heard is that they're having trouble getting Doctor Who guests because most of them are being caught up by 50th anniversary celebrations elsewhere.
How can they miss the biggest fan convention in the US?!

Working on:

Eventually:
Unread 05-22-2013, 04:04 PM   #27
Arlette
Let it Go

Hi, everyone! I am looking for some fine folks to fill in spaces for a group I'm organizing and I seem to have run out of interested Facebook friends!

Now, this isn't for the parade. I'm not 100% sure what day we're doing this but PROBABLY Sunday night.

So the idea is doing genderswap versions of all 11 doctors. I know it's not the most original idea, but I'm still excited about it! Especially having every single Doctor! Right now, I need takers for Six and Seven...and MAYBE Two, but a friend of a friend is supposed to be contacting me.

Here is a link to the Facebook group. I think it's closed or whatever, but I think you can send a message about joining. Or just reply to me here or PM me with your information and I can add you.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/292939057507233/

So, again, I really need a Six and Seven. The idea is to stay true to the original design, but give it a cute feminine touch. So it's not like we're just ladies cosplaying as the Doctors, these are our interpretations. For example, I am cosplaying as Ten and will have shorts and high heeled Converse-style sneakers but with the top of the suit and jacket (and glasses because I happen to wear glasses like that) all staying about the same. So it's immediately recognizable, but still slightly different.

Anyone? Someone PLEASE help me out because my Three says she'll only do it if I get all of the Doctors, lol! I'm being blackmailed!

<3

P.S. These aren't going to be scantily clad versions if that's your concern. I mean, I'm not telling people WHAT to do with their designs, because I'm not that controlling, but just know that that's not the purpose.

Please check out http://www.facebook.com/dualwieldcosplay for more updates, or follow me on Tumblr at http://arlettecosplay.tumblr.com!
Arlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 02:17 PM   #28
GlassCannon

Quote:
Considering that GallifreyOne, the largest north american Doctor Who convention (and I think biggest in the world on years when the BBC isn't sponsoring something themselves), is finding that a lot of the big names are tied up in 50th Anniversary stuff, I'm not at all shocked to hear that Dragon*Con won't have many DW guests this year either. Hopefully the BritTrack will have something fun planned to celebrate the 50th, but I think it's reasonable to expect that most anyone of note will be too busy with events in the UK to make it to a non-DW convention in the states.
Samantha Winchester - Winchester Sisters (Supernatural genderswap) - 100%, adding props
Abaddon - As Time Goes By dress (Supernatural) - 90%
GlassCannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-04-2013, 11:22 PM   #29
LadyPluto

Unfortunately, I'm already marching with the Game of Thrones group, but I'm noticing my schedule looks like it's going to have lots of free time on Friday and early Sunday, are there any Doctor Who photoshoots planned? Or at least in the planning stage? Right now I'm aiming to bring my Peri outfits from Twin Dilemma and Two Doctors.
LadyPluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 07:12 AM   #30
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyPluto View Post
Unfortunately, I'm already marching with the Game of Thrones group, but I'm noticing my schedule looks like it's going to have lots of free time on Friday and early Sunday, are there any Doctor Who photoshoots planned? Or at least in the planning stage? Right now I'm aiming to bring my Peri outfits from Twin Dilemma and Two Doctors.
Right now when the big shoot is going to be is still being determined. They're trying to have it at a time other than after the parade so we're not all exhausted and other people can come easier. I think they're aiming for Friday sometime.

Working on:

Eventually: