Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons > Disney Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 912 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-19-2013, 11:56 AM   #12541
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

ModernPrincess - Great cosplay.. LoL.. What was the facial expression for?

Unread 04-19-2013, 02:02 PM   #12542
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

ModernPrincess- Love the work on Charlotte! I especially love the "OHMERGAWD I FOUND ME A FROG PRINCE!!!" expression! Very Charlotte!

LKD- Love your Ariel pink gown even if it is "finished" XP! And this is coming from someone who usually hates that dress with a passion no matter who does it, just because its pink haha
Unread 04-21-2013, 07:37 PM   #12543
nessabutterfly

Hey ladies-- it's been AGES since I've been around here. Haven't sewn much lately, and certainly no costumes (not since Halloween anyway).

BUT that's about to change. Two weeks from yesterday, my little Bunny is having her 4th birthday party-- a princess tea party!! She's still Snow White obsessed, so I'm going to make her a new Snow White dress. Not a fancy one though-- this will be a cotton jersey play dress.

I'm so excited to set up her tea party. Too bad our house is still trashed. I don't think I'll have time to do much decorating-- I'll be happy if I'm done unpacking by then.

I'll be sure to share my progress on her dress here though.

She wants me to wear my Snow White too. I hope it fits. I'm 15 lbs down from the last time I wore it and it was a little loose then... Oh well, one Snow is enough for the party-- I know I can pull off my Ariel if need be.
nessabutterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 11:51 PM   #12544
Aurora's Heart

ModernPrincess- Love your Lottie!!!! THe expresion is so priceless too.

Just got back from my sci-fi con and had fun wearing my Rapunzel complete with the skirt I finished embroidering friday night in the hotel room. LOL Needless to say I made a few girls happy including a mom who had to get a pic for her daughter. Now I'm in full gear to get my May contest peice done. I promise I will give you guys a sneak peak when it's done.
Unread 04-28-2013, 10:10 PM   #12545
timeisgalleons
an actual princess

Guys! My roommate and I want to get started on our princess gowns.
We're looking for patterns for the following

Belle (ballgown)
Ariel (Kiss the girl and Pink Ballgown)
Charlotte (Princess and the Frog)
Pocahontas
Kuzco
Cinderella

Any ideas on which patterns I should use?

How to Train Your Dragon 2 group
(Hiccup, Astrid, Ruffnut, Tuffnut)

timeisgalleons is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #12546
alice4ck
Lost in Wonderland

ummm.. Kuzco isn't.. well.. a princess.. ^_^ O.O *dodges tomatoes* Ahem, Anyways, I've got my Tinker Bell completed. I made a cloak design for her wings.. I'll take pics sometime within the next days..

And I just need to make the white skirt for Mulan.. She'll be finished.. And I'm gonna take more Alice pics.. ^_^

I'm also thinking about Cinderella's maid dress.. I got everything for it. ^_^

Last edited by alice4ck : 04-29-2013 at 03:53 PM.
alice4ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:07 PM   #12547
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Timeisgalleons - For Belle's ballgown, I am modifying Simplicity 1875. It isn't a hoop skirt, but it does have some form to it via a lining with tulle. If you would rather have a hoop skirt, McCalls 4090 would be a good pattern to start with.

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 07:19 PM   #12548
timeisgalleons
an actual princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess View Post
Timeisgalleons - For Belle's ballgown, I am modifying Simplicity 1875. It isn't a hoop skirt, but it does have some form to it via a lining with tulle. If you would rather have a hoop skirt, McCalls 4090 would be a good pattern to start with.
Thanks!

Unread 05-01-2013, 05:41 AM   #12549
WarriorPrincess
With her nose in a book

Timeisgalleons - you're welcome. Also, simplicity has the licensed disney pattern for Cinderella's dress right now. It is #2813 for misses. It includes the formal wear for Snow White and Cinderella.

Upcoming Appearances
Denver Comic Con 2014
Colorado Renaissance Festival
DragonCon 2014
WarriorPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #12550
timeisgalleons
an actual princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorPrincess View Post
Timeisgalleons - you're welcome. Also, simplicity has the licensed disney pattern for Cinderella's dress right now. It is #2813 for misses. It includes the formal wear for Snow White and Cinderella.
aaaaahhhhh yeah! i've seen, and I'll be sure to pick up the pattern as soon as I get paid. They'll really help me.

Unread 05-01-2013, 03:20 PM   #12551
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

I've finally given myself reasons to alter my fluke on my mermaid Ariel tail and finish my Tink costume haha! My company has been given a stall at a charity event next month lol! So HOPING I'll get off my ass and get back into costume making XD!
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:18 PM   #12552
whithersoever

Hi everyone! I'm not super active in the forums but I thought I'd post here since I've entered the world of Disney cosplay. When my friend made Belle's blue dress for a recent con, I wanted to join her as Ariel, but I didn't have time to make a legit costume and so just threw together Ariel's sail dress:

For such a lazy costume (though granted, I did put some work into it), it's been pretty popular, haha. I tried to make it kind of realistic and used canvas drop cloth, rope, and real starfish.

More pics:
Me with my friend as Belle - Unfortunately I didn't realize that my wig was riding up... grr. Need to fix those bangs!
Here's a better photo of the wig (in natural lighting) - Of course it looks better in my house...
Hipster Ariel! - The first night of the con was really cold and rainy, so I did this instead, haha.

Anyway, I'm currently working on her "Kiss the Girl" dress. I'm using Simplicity 6480 for the corset, and am almost done with it - it's easier than I expected. Though I've decided to add lacing (in the back) instead of a zipper (originally on the side), since I think I may have made it a tad too small.

I wanted to make it navy blue, but we're lacking in fabric stores around here, so I went with a black cotton with a subtle flower pattern on it. The center V doesn't look too great (not sure why - I thought I followed the pattern correctly..), so I'm adding a bit of ribbon to better define the shape.

Think that looks okay? I'm not sure what to put in the center to cover the ribbon ends. Maybe a black rose or something?

I'm not entirely sure what to use for the blouse and skirt. For the blouse I started with New Look 6891, but I ran into some issues getting rid of the front and back seams (I kind of suck at altering patterns). I saw mention of Simplicity 4097 (with altered neckline) on here, so I might try that, or maybe McCall M6509. I was going to try a circle skirt or half circle skirt, but apparently I don't have enough fabric for either, so... I'm tempted to use the skirt from Simplicity 6480. Think that would work? Or is it too short/not full enough?
whithersoever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:09 PM   #12553
Aurora's Heart

withersoever- I love your Ariel sail dress. It's one of the best I've seen.
Unread 05-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #12554
timeisgalleons
an actual princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriePhoenix View Post
I've finally given myself reasons to alter my fluke on my mermaid Ariel tail and finish my Tink costume haha! My company has been given a stall at a charity event next month lol! So HOPING I'll get off my ass and get back into costume making XD!
About your company- would you mind if I pmd you to ask you a few questions about it? I've been wanting to do something similar here for a few years now and haven't figured out how to get past disney's copyright laws.

Unread 05-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #12555
FuriePhoenix
Princess for Hire

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeisgalleons View Post
About your company- would you mind if I pmd you to ask you a few questions about it? I've been wanting to do something similar here for a few years now and haven't figured out how to get past disney's copyright laws.
Yeah sure! Go for it! ^_^!