Go Back   Cosplay.com > International Forums > Australia

Unread 04-26-2013, 02:07 AM   #1
modern01

New Here - PAX 2013 Project

Hey all!

Starting this thread to track the progress of my PAX cosplay, and to hopefully get some helpful tips from talented people who have done more Cosplay than myself.

I have done a lot of prop building for friends, making weapons and accessories and I have never really done a full project for myself, so I decided to go off the deep end.

Very deep - deep enough to build a city maybe?

So here I go, myself armed with limited knowledge, a friend who can fibreglass stuff for me, and a reasonable budget - I am working to turn myself into Subject Delta for PAX AUS 2013.

I will update here with progress pictures and hopefully get some questions answered to help me on my way.

Wish me luck!
modern01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2013, 07:06 AM   #2
Suntory_Times
re fanatic

Good luck. Though I highly doubt I could help you with that in any way.

I think i'll be doing Hunk from Resident Evil one of the days, however I think on the day I am actually in the conference I shall do Sebastian from Black Butler. Hopefully I can get both done by Pax.

Good luck with your costume and I hope to see you there in all your subject delta glory.

Last edited by Suntory_Times : 04-30-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Suntory_Times is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:10 AM   #3
Neener_nina

Ooo! I wish I could wear my Spider Splicer to PAX as well to meet up with you for a couple photos, but alas I would freeze to death @_@). Looking forward to seeing your Subject Delta!
Neener_nina is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:08 PM   #4
modern01

I started by sourcing some things that I feel I can get away with using as a base and save me some build time:

First I got myself a padded bodysuit:

Then got some longish welding gloves:

Then I sourced some general 'craft' stuff that I will need for the build - some impact foam and general fabric for patches and the like.

For the helmet I am thinking of using Pepakura to basically papercraft the helmets shape, then fibreglass it until it's rigid, and add detail, but beyond that I am now looking at all the stuff I need to get done, and confusing myself. I am thinking of working over the bodysuit with appropriate details while crafting the helmet, so the base can be considered done, then the gloves. I imagine the gloves will be fiddly and I am not entirely sure how to do the fingertip detail yet, but I am open to suggestions.

[TIMG]http://i.imgur.com/6ARyQUQ.png[/TIMG][TIMG]http://i.imgur.com/oi8RgCb.jpg[/TIMG]

Thinking I might need to sculpt them out of something and then hot glue attach them, not entirely sure.

...Either way it's a huge task and I regret not doing something smaller scale, but I am a dedicated idiot at this point and will do it if it ruins me.

Don't even ask me how I am doing the drill, that's a topic that scares the hell out of me. The concept of 'making it' seems simple enough - but making it SPIN?

Nina I saw your spider splicer cosplay - those photos are great! My friend is coming a long as a splicer for me so I can have someone to drill in photos, lucky guy is already finished his costume!
modern01 is offline   Reply With Quote