Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:39 AM   #2041
Hearth
Unregistered User

I'd feel to lazy to type up a regular post on my phone. xP

Yeah. Because it seemed like the future team's morals were a bit twisted? But that was kind of unclear. Because I don't think they really established what was happening. o_o

Oh, I think that her and Miss America are two different characters. I think Gillen wasn't even aware that there was already a Miss America in the Marvel universe. And, I know! They are. :C

I think the less I know about the movie, the more I'll enjoy it. So, I'll try to keep myself in the dark about it for as long as possible. I feel that, sometimes, they release too much content, and certain things just aren't a surprise anymore. A lot of television channels do this, too. >_<

Hopefully, they won't end up changing Iron Mans like they change Hulks. xD; Even some kind of cameo would be really neat! And a Skrull-invasion would be really cool, too. Maybe with some Kree in the mix? Mar-Vell, maybe? Which could possibly lead to Ms. Marvel?

As for the Young Avengers #8, apparently a lot of the costume changes you see are their multiverse versions. There's an article on CBR about it: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=45143 The faded bits with the white background appear to be our team, and the more colorful parts look like the multiverse versions. So, weird haircut Billy seems to be from a different universe. XD I really hope we get to see the universe with armor-Loki. That outfit looks sweet! I want to see the whole thing.

@Ayaasan: Ah, you deserve to be proud. It looks amazing!^^

EDIT: Ugh, it seems my apartment # was omitted and they're going to send my package with the jacket back to the seller, and it looks like I'll have to pay for shipping again. x_x; For some reason, my Apt # was listed on Paypal (yet it was confirmed). I didn't have this problem before.

But why send it back? Our names are listed inside of our mailboxes. Policy, I guess? But to send it all the way back to VA? ;_;

Last edited by Hearth : 04-27-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-27-2013, 03:10 PM   #2042
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

Well, I was sitting in the library waiting for my roommate, so I didn't really have anything to do- except you know.. Homework. But to hell with that.

I think they would have saved the confusion if they left that entire issue out. BUT it still exists and Billy and Teddy are there. o-o

Really? Everything I've seen talks about them as being the same Miss America. They have the same name. And they're on the Marvel wiki (yes wiki) as the same person.

That's very true. The less that is ruined for you, the more there are surprises and surprises make it fun. It's ALL supposed to be fun, but then people go crazy over it and get obsessed and like are awful about things. I just wish they wouldn't release so many stupid trailers. One or two- get us excited- but don't release something everyday. Then it's just a movie. All I know is the end credit scene. D:

I don't think you COULD just change up Iron man as easily as Hulk. Edward Norton had one movie as Hulk (I didn't like him as Hulk anyway) But at this point RDJ has had IM, IM2 IM3 AND Avengers, he's established himself pretty well as Iron man I think it'd be hard to switch. The only problem with Ms. Marvel though is you probably wouldn't be able to talk about her past with Rogue. xD Since X-men are owned by a different company. Not that that's necessary I guess. But I'd love to see some Ms.Marvel+Spider-woman shenanigans they're so funny together.

I knew they were alternate universes, I just wasn't sure if they were alternate universes that were gonna happen. And if that's the case I guess Kate really is the only one genderbent? I don't mind Billy's outfit, it's pretty cool, I just don't want the hair. >_<

Whaaaaaaaaat. You shouldn't have to repay for shipping because the company sending your jacket messed up. And wow, you ordered quick. xD

Edit: If anyone wants to chat via Skype sometime (Since that's like the only messenger left) Let me know~ I'm always around, especially with the end of the semester coming up. :]
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-27-2013 at 03:25 PM.
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #2043
ayaasan

Okay, after a crazy day at work, I come home and my base wig for Prince Gumball wig arrived *squee!* Now I just need to order Wanda's wig and I'm set for the end of the year for wigs ;3

I'm now sorely tempted to cut my hair again--it actually was this exact style until I grew it out again to mid-back, which is a pain for piling/stuffing into wigs XD

@Tulipe: I'd love to chat about stoofs.. just hit me up!~ My name on skype is ayaa_86
Unread 04-28-2013, 12:45 AM   #2044
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

So I didn't think I was gonna do any progress in any of my cosplay but it looks like I did! It's not much but at least it's something haha!

I was actually debating with myself whether or not I should cut my hair a bit shorter than it is now even though I've been wanting to let it grow longer :P

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 04-28-2013 at 12:50 AM.
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 01:55 AM   #2045
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ayaasan: I need to buy Rogue's stuff, maybe Billy's wig? (That I haven't looked into yet) and that shoooould be it. But I feel you on the hair. Mine reaches my lower back and I always worry it poofs up in my wigs.

I'm gonna add you~!

@Link: MERCURY. D<
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #2046
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Bubbles!!!!!!!!!!!!! xD

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:06 AM   #2047
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Yeah, who needs to do homework and study? ;-P Every weekend I have to do a lab report due at 11:59pm Saturday. It's kind of frustrating pacing myself to do it because I guess I don't know how where to balance it between my job and my other schoolwork. Strangely enough, so far, the only report where I felt like I managed my time most wisely, I got the lowest score on. Lame.

I kind of skimmed through it again, but I'm sure I only see Teddy in the past scenes, not anywhere in the future. Or was he just mentioned and never really shown? Maybe I should actually try to read it instead of skimming over it. xD;;

When I look them up I see two characters: our Miss America and another one who's named Madeline Frank. But, for some reason, I feel like someone mentioned that a Miss America CHAVEZ already existed, not just a Miss America. But I'm not sure if I see evidence of that anywhere (though, to be honest, I didn't look that hard).

Exactly. So, each Hulk pretty much so far only starred in one movie. You could easily forget who the actor was. But with RDJ is much more established. Yeah, I was actually unfamiliar with the legal shenanigans involving X-Men until now. The MCU is not an film version Earth-616 but rather it's own Earth, so they could even change a character's history (kind of like on TV, the version of the Scarlet Witch seems so much different in X-Men Evolution o_O). But, how much can you change without upsetting the fans?

Going to happen? Like, if they're going to exist or if we're going to see them in the comic? XD *confused* They don't show us much of the universe where Kate is genderbent on the cover. You can see Prodigy's chin and that's about it, and that doesn't seem to be enough to tell if he was genderbent too, but maybe that's just me.

Actually, it was my fault (I made a typo above). For some reason, when I use Paypal outside of eBay, Paypal provides the seller with a different address without the apartment number (I ordered everything else as well so I had to frantically check to make sure they had the right address). Everything I bought on eBay used the address with my apartment number, but Paypal gave EpicCosplay the address that didn't have it (but they still had the right address because I still had to provide it myself, thank goodness). It's really weird that the address without my apartment number was confirmed though since I think that, in order to have a confirmed address, you need to have a package successfully sent there.

And, yeah. I don't think I'll have Kid Loki by Phoenix Comicon since I pretty much ordered everything and I think that'll take more time. Buttt... the artist for the X-Men comic I'm excited about is going to be there too, so maybe I can have Jubilee ready by then.

I'm kind of camera-shy so I'd probably only use Skype to chat. x_X

EDIT:

"The MCU is not an film version Earth-616 but rather it's Earth," should be "The MCU is not an film version Earth-616 but rather it's own Earth,"

Anddd... looking at YA #8, I guess you can see part of Prodigy's chest, and it seems like he's still a guy in the genderbent Kate universe...

Last edited by Hearth : 04-28-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Unread 04-28-2013, 02:53 AM   #2048
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Link: Bubbles only if you get it done

@Hearth: Nope. Not like I go to school in order to learn things and do homework or anything. xD That always happens. When you think you do well, you do badly and when you think you do badly you do well. I try not to be confident in anything anymore.

Uhhh. There’s like a single panel where older Billy shows up. And he’s dressed up like Doctor Strange/ Sorcerer Supreme. It’s like the very last part because if I remember correctly they’re talking about something happening to Billy? They’re telling Nate something along those longs and then Billy pops up after he disappears.

I search for Miss America and there are two different girls, yes. But if you go through the America Chavez link there are two different versions of her, both called Miss America as far as I can tell. One that is older (year wise, not age) with a very awkward outfit.

I think after Avengers people would notice if the Hulk wasn’t Mark Ruffalo. xD He kind of made a name for himself. Plus the Edward Norton run of Hulk came out before most of the other movies. And it’s definitely older, so a lot of people just see it as the movie with that other Hulk. But now that a lot of Marvel comic book characters are getting movies, more people are going to take notice, I think. But still, RDJ has pretty much created a place for himself as Iron man. My mother who doesn’t know anything about comic books says that he’s her favorite part about the movies. So lots of people kind of watch them FOR RDJ. I think they’d try to keep their history as much as possible. I mean, with Rogue she still had Ms. Marvel in her head during X-men Evolution. Or was that the 90’s cartoon? I kind of liked how Wanda was in Evolution, but I liked Pietro better. He’s such a little shit. 8D
Like, I don’t want it to actually happen? Does that make sense? Looking into alternate universes is fine. But I don’t want one where Billy looks like a scary ‘scene’ (is this the right term?) kid. It just doesn’t remind me of Billy. Maybe it’s just like a million and two alternate universes and none of them are actually in the same alternate universe? I don’t know??
Oh. That’s weird…

I’m so excited to get Billy done, you don’t even know. I lost my Kate though. :[ So we won’t have a full YA group anymore… But I’m still excited. I can’t wait to epically battle kid Loki too! O_O Or cry- we’ll see how the new YA plays out. I keep forgetting I need to make Rogue’s boots.

Oooo. I don’t use Skype for the video chat. Just to chat-chat. We're starting to write short stories here. xD
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-28-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Unread 04-28-2013, 04:43 AM   #2049
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: That's very true. It's like... when you feel a certain way about something, the opposite happens.

I remember that part. I thought Billy looked really cool actually. :-D Yeah, Kang said that Billy died in Latveria to get Iron Lad to go save him... even though it seems that it wasn't necessary.

Oooh, okay. I see that now and, whoa, she did look quite different. o_O;; Verrry awkward indeed.

Yeah, after the success of the Avengers, maybe we'll get a consistent Hulk for once? Haha. My roommate was pretty disappointed that Edward Norton didn't reprise the role. Well, here's to hoping that it will all work out. ;-)

It was in the 90's cartoon that she had Ms. Marvel in her head. I think she was portrayed a bit younger in Evolution. I enjoyed that version of Wanda too, actually. xD I think that take on the character is a lot more fun. Gotta love the little shits. ;-D

Well, I suppose in some alternate universes, there will be versions of the characters that are drastically different. XD But I'm quite excited for #8 now despite the scary solicit for JiM readers. Because I wonder if there is an alternate universe where the ending to JiM was different. Or maybe the ending was the same in all universes, that would be interesting too... /blahblahblah

Oh, I bet! (ouo) And that's a shame but... who knows? There might be somewhere out there that just hasn't been found yet. and I can't wait either. (~ouo)~ I feel like it's going to be so much fun. I have a hard time seeing him on the team in the long run, to be honest. :C But I guess we'll see. Doesn't seem like something that would be easy to forget. ;-)

Ah, I see. That's good. Though, not sure if I'd be good for that kind of thing. I used to role play and stuff, but I think I suck at it.
Unread 04-28-2013, 06:41 AM   #2050
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: I think that's the story of life, really. xD

He was a cute little Sorcerer Supreme. I'm still convinced that little one-shot exists only to confuse the heck out of people.

Right? Her new outfit is very adorable, the other one was a bit trashy. >_>

I would hope so! I enjoyed Mark Ruffalo's Hulk. I liked how socially awkward and uncomfortable he was. Not JUST a bottle of angst. Which is what I thought of with Edward Norton's. I liked Liv Tyler as Betty Ross though. I wonder if they'll bring back any Betty Ross. Or just do what they did with Jane and just be like "she's doing stuff, couldn't make it"

Was it? I remember a scene where Mystique disguised takes Rogue to a hospital room. And they just talk about her powers for a bit. They don't really come out and say it's Ms. Marvel I don't think. Or even give the lady a name. I thought it was Evolution because I didn't get that far in the rewatch of the 90s cartoon. But it's highly possible I got further than I think. xD I will trust you! Now all you really get of Wanda is a depressed woman trying to make up for House of M. Which is kind of like Billy after Children's Crusade and please let's not make Billy a carbon copy of Wanda. Please. Please. Pietro is my favorite little shit. XD

I wish I could join you about JiM but I've never read any of it. So I don't know what's going on. True their appearances would be much different, but I still don't want to see it on Billy! Ha.

True. Have a while to find a new Kate. :] And lots of people want to be Kate. Well, up to volume 8 at least he's still on the cover with all of them. And Tommy isn't. Boo. Some people think maybe he went to change himself from 'existence' with Billy's magic. So I guess if he did that and went back to them, none of them would remember all the bad things he did and would maybe trust him easier?

Nonono. I didn't mean literal short stories. I mean with the length of our responses to each other on the thread increasing it looks like we're writing short stories instead of just comments. Just a joke~ And with Skype we wouldn't necessarily have to try to keep on topic. Group chats~
Polaris []

My Tumblr
Unread 04-29-2013, 10:23 AM   #2051
Ose_93
is under your bed

My Izaya jacket came in yesterday. I ordered two cheap rings online, so all I really need now is the belt, a v neck, and contacts. I've never worn contacts though... I wonder if they go by the same prescription as glasses? I would rather get some with a prescription after all.

Shinra is easier to deal with because he has the same type of glasses that I do. And all I really need to get for him is the lab coat and wig...

@ayaasan: Base wig? Are you going to sew them together or something? :O
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM   #2052
Hearth
Unregistered User

Well, guess who forgot her computer cord for her dying computer? This genius right here. I guess I do get to experience the joy of writing out a long post on a phone. Yay!

I think seeing Billy as the Sorcerer Supreme was probably the best part of the one-shot. Because he looked so awesome! So, that kind of made up for the confusion, I think.

No kidding. Not mention that the artist seemed to draw her with such ridiculous anatomy. I have a hard time enjoying comics where the females are drawn with strange anatomy. It is one of the things that really put me off Captain Marvel, unfortunately. In some panels of the first issue, her breasts seem impossibly large and they seem to be connected to her collarbones. I dubbed them "balloon boobs." Not to mention Captain America looked like a Skrull on one of the panels, haha. I wish the interior art was as good as the cover art.

I think there was an episode where Rogue and Ms. Marvel pretty much fought for control over Rogue's mind. So, I do believe they do identify who Ms. Marvel is at some point. Yeah, I don't think Rogue ever has Ms. Marvel's powers in Evolution, and That plot line was never brought in. since Tommy kind of mirrors Pietro, I guess Billy mirrors Wanda. But the writers do need to establish them as their own characters and not just copies. So, hopefully they will look into the traits that set Billy apart from his mom, yes.

If you're interested, you can borrow my JiM collection when you get back. I have all the individual issues and the collections.

I think Kate's outfit on the latest issue is pretty popular, and it seems easy to do? I really hope he sticks around for awhile And it sounds to me that Tommy will only join the team once-in-awhile. :/ Loki pretty much came back as a boy for that reason. I guess you can say one of the themes in JiM is "change." So, that's kind of one of my theories. That he wants to be able to change somehow. The other theory is a bit more spoilery, I think. XD

Haha! I am so sorry. I took you so literally. Must have been really tired when I responded.

@Ose: I don't think there is a difference, but there are probably other factors that need to be considered such as the diameter of your eye and the... Base curve? I forget what the term is. I don't know if your prescription includes those factors so you might want to make sure.

I got my wig in the mail... And I have no clue how to wear it. I guess I need a hairnet? And I suppose I need to learn how to style these things, too.
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #2053
Ose_93
is under your bed

Oh, okay. But on the websites for contacts with color I only say the option of eye vision perscription and not much else. I guess I'll go to the thread about those things and ask help there. ^^

For wig help: http://www.cosplay.com/forumdisplay.php?f=256
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 04:24 PM   #2054
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Ose: I honestly, would recommend against contacts. I know a lot of people wear them to be 'accurate' but unless someone gets really up in your face or you're doing a photoshoot that shows off your eyes people aren't going to notice it much. Especially if your characters have regular colored eyes. Unless, I suppose you need contacts anyway when cosplaying. They're uncomfortable, and an extra expense for such a minor detail. I mean, if you're cosplaying at a convention you're already going to be uncomfortable so why add to that factor? However, if you're going to get them yes they go based on your prescription.

@Hearth: I always hated that! Especially at work. When I had to sit there for nine hours computerless I was just so upset.

Yes. It's kind of a hopeful thing too like. One day he'll get it right and his powers won't be berserk and things will be happy. Unless we're saying it's an 'alternate universe' thing and ignoring all of it in the new YA. Then I'm sad. xD

Right? Anatomy to show of the breasts at the very least. I don't know how anyone could superhero in that outfit! I saw the stuff for Captain Marvel and I really wanted to read it.. But I can't do the art. I can't.

I'm mixing up all my cartoons. xD One day I'll have to go back and watch it and figure out where I made the mistake.. But today is not that day. I just remember in Evolution Rogue's powers going bonkers after a while. And she had to be calmed and everything. I liked Evolution I think they should have kept going with it. They tried to do a bunch of storylines at the end and it didn't quite work. Tommy mirrors Pietro in more ways than I thought, but at the same time I can see Tommy being DIFFERENT. With Billy they're kind of making him do the same things and have the same story. Creating an alternate universe where she can have something she wants (her children) with Vision. Chaos magic. Potentially wiping out a bunch of people. Give him his own story.

Really? 8D Thanks! I'd love to. You can borrow anything of mine too though I don't know if I have anything you haven't read. Ha.

It's sad that they won't bring Tommy back permanently. At least not yet. I love his character so much and he tries so hard to be tough when he's just a sweetie, secretly of course. We'll see Loki, we'll see.

Aww. It's okay. I understand. Getting towards the end of the semester and all~

A wig newbie?! Yay! Okay well, with wigs it really depends on how long your hair is and what ways you are comfortable wearing it up. Because all your hair is gonna be pinned to your head. I have hair that reaches my lower back so wigs can be a pain. Always, always use a wig cap. Some wig places will actually send you one with the wig. Some people are picky with colors like if it matches the wig, or if it matches your own hair, but I've never bothered with that. I have extra, unused, wig caps if you need one but you can usually pick them up at any beauty store, I'd also suggest a wig head if you're going to style. They're Styrofoam and like $3 or something. Use pins, I use my sewing pins actually, to pin the wig to the head. What you'll need to put on your wig is: Wig cap, hair spray, bobby pins, and hair ties. What I do is put my hair into two low pigtails, some people do braids, to separate and hopefully make it even on both sides. Then I wrap the hair around the top of my head, the two pigtails going opposite ways. Pin them to the top of your head first, THEN go back and pin the back. Use as many bobby pins as you feel is necessary to keep it good and down, but also remember the wig will help with some of that so don't pin yourself so you'll get a headache. I usually use about four-six bobby pins depending on how my hair is cooperating. Once it's pinned to my head I add the wig cap. I prefer the nettled ones. When it's on my head- there's a number of ways to put these on it all depends on you. make sure you have all the little loose pieces. Don't worry if some pops out of your pins, it'll happen throughout the day anyway. Then take some hairspray and spray around the edges to get those loose guys down, and to hopefully make sure it doesn't slip up too much during the day. This is especially helpful for short wigs because I have problems with the tiny peach fuzz hairs popping out at the back of my neck. Then, you are ready to put the wig on! Make sure to line it up, there are two points on each side that are supposed to sit in front of your ears kind of like side burns. Make sure it's set and you're done! Some people like to pin the wigs to their heads too but I don't find that necessary unless you have a long/ heavy wig. :] I'm sure everyone else might have different techniques, but that's how I do it and I've had a few people asking if my wigs were real hair. I'd help more if I could, I've had to put wigs on a few of my friends, but I am not in California. xD

For styling- ask Ayaasan. xD She's good with wigs.
Polaris []

My Tumblr

Last edited by La Tulipe Noire : 04-29-2013 at 04:29 PM.
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:01 PM   #2055
Alexa720
Missing No.

Wow I haven't been on here since the end of WonderCon ><; I've been doing a good amount of schoolwork and filling out college applications since it's my last year of high school and whatnot xD But I can say that I think I've decided on my cosplays for both AX and ComicCon which can be seen in my signature! :33 I'm most excited to work on Tooth though because I don't think I've seen anyone cosplay the book version of her yet.

P.S. Everyone's in progress shots and the like all look great!

Next Con Attending:
Anime Expo

Upcoming Cosplays:
Jubileena Bing-Bing from Wreck-It Ralph
Hysterical Dame from Problem Sleuth
CA Cupid from Monster High
Dawn of the Dance Lagoona Blue from Monster High (assuming I figure out how to do the wig)
Catbug Gijinka from Bravest Warriors
Book!Toothiana from The Guardians Of Childhood
Fem!Jack Frost from Rise of the Guardians
Alexa720 is offline   Reply With Quote