Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Video Games > Legend of Zelda

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 698 votes, 4.96 average.
Unread 04-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #10336
Seifer-sama

@ JediofTime: Those are my favorite Zeldas too! TP, followed by OoT, and MM. Although they are all really a close tie for me. And yes the Master Quest was pretty challenging. As for the 3DS remake, if you get the chance to play it, I highly recommend it. They really added a lot of detail to it that makes the game even more beautiful.

@ HylianKnight: I totally agree. It's probably why they two are high up on my favorites list. And as always, you are welcome. Great progress as always and I just love the shot of it all stored on the shelves. That looks like my house! :P I'm also glad to hear that you are finally at the easier stages of this costume. Looking forward to more progress!

@ Nandra: Love the Zelda golfing pose. Golf is serious business in the land of Hyrule. :P

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #10337
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seifer-sama View Post
\Those are my favorite Zeldas too! TP, followed by OoT, and MM. Although they are all really a close tie for me.
Same thing with me only with my all time favorite being OOT followed very closely by MM and TP although TP is my all time favorite with graphics and music though. The reason why OOT is highest on my list is that its plot is so solid and movie like that it completely blows me away every time I play it.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Hero's Shade: 30% complete.
Future Cosplay plans:
Mewtwo
Jedi Link 3.0

Last edited by JediofTime : 04-29-2013 at 05:36 PM.
JediofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 05:50 PM   #10338
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

JediofTime: I think a lot of people had that problem, they couldn't understand a split dimension where Link would be killed in the final battle. It would make sense though, since Ganon is stuck in his pig-form at that point. While the other two timelines he still has a human-like form at first. I don't mind the different directions at all, and when you think about it, I'm sure people have died against Ganon when they played OoT which would cause the first timeline. Then they replay to win, and boom second timeline happens. Not everyone watched the credits, maybe some people never returned to meet Zelda at the garden? It's wonderfully done in my opinion. I love how morbid it can be too, haha.

Seifer-sama: Thanks! Storage is always an issue.. How is your Groose & Zelda coming along?

Progress: Ahhhh, I need your guys help though. I'll be starting this probably next week, so I'm rallying ideas because I'm not good with fabrics. Someone told me maybe trying to dye it with tea.. but I thought wool was evil in water? But ya, I posted the long description on my image: http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3378968/

Upcoming...
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Hanzo (Samurai Warriors 3)
HylianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #10339
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

@HylianKnight: I really grasped the idea of Link getting defeated by Ganondorf and there is a lot of logic in the Adult Era too. I was not fond of the Wind Waker and its animation style especially so I breathed a sigh of relief when it was not in the timeline of my all time favorites OOT, MM, and TP. I also think for Link getting defeated by Ganondorf to work, there should be a fan made movie that ends the Ocarina of Time in a dark cliffhanger.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt: "Happiness lies in the joy of achievement and the thrill of creative effort."

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Future Cosplay plans:
Mewtwo
Jedi Link 3.0
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:14 PM   #10340
Nandra
Speaker for the Dead

@JediofTime: ahahaha... okay, that was a pretty good pun, if such a thing can exist. (Puns might be bad by definition? xD) At any rate, it's a hilarious and clever pun!

@HylianKnight: Yeah, that threw me for a loop when I first read it - but after I thought about it some more, it seemed so clever for Nintendo to have taken that into account! And after all, it's not Link jumps time only once - there must be dozens of different timelines, however subtly different. It makes sense that they'd be grouped into "Link wins" and "Link dies".

I sure as heck know that Ganon won the first time I went into the forest temple. The brave Hero of Time completely ran away in panic at the sound of Wolfos. ^_^
Nandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-29-2013, 06:21 PM   #10341
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

@HylianKnight and Nandra: Now that I think about it, all the timelines are powerfully covered by the Ocarina of Time. Game Over: Ganon wins. Beat the game, skip the credits: Adult Era. Beat the game, watch the credits to the bitter end: Child Era.

@Nandra: I'm glad you got and liked the pun!

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Future Cosplay plans:
Mewtwo
Jedi Link 3.0

Last edited by JediofTime : 04-29-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #10342
Seifer-sama

@ JediofTime, HylianKnight, Nandra: I am so happy to see so much Zelda love discussion here. When I first heard about the timeline theory, I thought it was a pretty cool concept. When they finally confirmed it and said there were three, at first I was pretty confused. But then, and as HylianKnight explained, it does make sense. I am sure everyone died on their first run through with Ganondorf and honestly, let's face it, the hero doesn't always win. It's not too far fetched to assume that there was a loss or two in there. I also think that with three timelines, you almost have limitless opportunities to take Zelda where ever you want. If it doesn't fit into one timeline, it can fit in another. It's all more options for the world of Zelda.

@ HylianKnight: I think the fabric/coat you picked up works really well as is. I don't think you need to make any modifications to it. And I have never done it before, but I think a lot of people have had success with tea dyeing. I am just not sure how the wool handles it, but you can always research that I suppose. As for storage, I have that issue myself too. And Groose and Zelda are coming along well thanks! I need to make the broach for Groose's collar and his boots and then he's just about done. Zelda still has a bit more left, but they are getting there.

Current Projects:
Rapunzel - Tangled - 45%
Flynn - Tangled - 10%
Charlotte Elbourne - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 20%
Meier Link - Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - 10%
A-ko - Project A-ko - 80%
Minwu - Final Fantasy II - 20%

Planned Projects:
Mia Fey - Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
Rosa - Final Fantasy IV
Sorceress Edea - Final Fantasy VIII
Beatrix - Final Fantasy IX
Sailor Moon / Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon (Someday!!)
Seifer-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-30-2013, 05:28 PM   #10343
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

@Seifer-sama: I think the main reason why I did not get the timeline at first is that I was extremely biased. I never thought of Link getting defeated by Ganondorf because I found that battle extremely easy especially the Ganon battle. As for the Adult Era, I despised the Wind Waker's animation and sailing so much that I was happy to see it in a different timeline so I could have a logical reason to scrap the game from my playlist.
The Child Era Timeline I loved because it had my 3 favorite games of the series in a row and also felt the most logical since Majora's Mask felt like the most solid sequel to the Ocarina of Time (it takes place literally the instant after OOT ends) compared to A Link to the Past and Wind Waker.

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Future Cosplay plans:
Mewtwo
Jedi Link 3.0
Unread 05-01-2013, 03:54 AM   #10344
Kelley
Devil of Details

@HylianKnight, I'm not sure how wool will take tea dye. I might throw it in some dark brown RIT since you're in a time crunch. Other than that, I would just weather it. Heck, even just take some random gross green/brown/something paint to it when it's done - burn it on the edges, et cetera. You could also throw some loose black fishnet type stuff over it for a more depth. I feel like weathering will really make this costume come alive!

-
I'm taking my friend who's going to try to do the Superhero Zelda shopping for fabric tomorrow! And school is out exactly one week from now so I can finally get started after that.

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 01:05 PM   #10345
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Everyone: Also~ I found it really awesome, that there is 3 timelines and not just two that most people thought. 3 seems like a powerful number in the entire series, and each timeline is like one part of the Triforce won. Power (Ganon wins), Wisdom (Zelda wins, I think hers might be the Windwaker route), and Courage (Link wins, because of how dark MM & TP were it seemed more fitting that this would be Farore's timeline). But this might just be me thinking too much, and opening a whole new can of worms.. haha. XD

Seifer-sama & Kelley: Ya! I did some research online about tea/coffee dyeing, it seems wool should work really well, so I'll test some out with a sample first. I did like how thick the fabric was too, and it seemed like something that time period would wear. It was my fancy pants purchase, haha. I never weathered fabric, but I'll definitely try it out too. Thank you so much guys, this is all extremely helpful!

Thanks to JediofTime & Nandra too, for your advice on the Critiques forum. I feel way more optimistic that I can get it done on time.

Can't wait to see your progress guys~!

Upcoming...
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Unread 05-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #10346
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

@HylianKnight: I think you maybe on to something with the "Tri-Force" timeline as I definitely see all of them. Ganondorf's Power for the Link getting defeated timeline is extremely obvious. Link's Courage timeline fits well for MM and Twilight Princess since Zelda has a relatively minor role in Twilight Princess and has no role at all in Majora's Mask. Zelda's Wisdom timeline fits the Windwaker timeline beautifully since her alter ego Tetra is an active commander, warrior and leader.

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Future Cosplay plans:
Mewtwo
Jedi Link 3.0
Unread 05-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #10347
Akune-chan

Yep the Hyrule Historia talks and shows the three timelines. Yet to me some of the games didn't seem to make sense about how they proceeded to one another (I am going to have to look back at which ones I thought made no sense). However after reading much of this thread, I realized that it does make sense. =]

Cosplay wise:
I finally got my wig for Link from EpicCosplay.
I am in love <3
Unread 05-01-2013, 11:48 PM   #10348
HylianKnight
Wandering Adventurer~

Yush, exactly! That's another reason too why I want to replay all the games in their timeline order, see if I can find some connections beyond what was stated by Nintendo.

Akune-chan: Awesome! I'm glad you love it! You should post some pictures on your progress with Link, I'd love to see them.

Progress: As for myself, I finished my shield today. It was painstakingly long & tedious attaching each panel of doom. D: I also finished my sword, so my props are done~! I'm hoping to make a decaying ocarina in the future too for fun.

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3379287/
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3379782/

Upcoming...
Volga (Hyrule Warriors)
Auron (Final Fantasy X)
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:43 PM   #10349
Akune-chan

I feel like I would do Link a horrible job ><

Here is the what I have with the wig styling so far!
(sorry for the derp face/no makeup/tired look)
http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/j...ps51bdd025.jpg

It looks white, however its a natural blonde and darker than in the photo. My Droid likes to lighten things when its not wanted.
Also I need to figure out how to do those bangs of his...Idk why this is difficult.
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #10350
JediofTime
Use the Triforce Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by HylianKnight View Post
I'm hoping to make a decaying ocarina in the future too for fun.
If you do that, you have got to take a picture of yourself playing it in your Hero's Shade costume.

Conventions Attending:
2015 Anime LA
2015 Anime Expo

Costumes:
Jedi Link 1.0 Complete
Jedi Link 2.0 Complete
Future Cosplay plans:
Mewtwo
Jedi Link 3.0

Last edited by JediofTime : 05-02-2013 at 06:52 PM.