Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 125 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 04-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #466
lillybearbutt
Riri

I love SAO. Since the light novel continues, I assume (with such an increased fan base) that there would be another season at least.

I cosplayed as Yui for Sakura Con this year, but want I really wanted to do was finish the cosplay with her gigantic sword from the first season in one episode... I hope I can make the sword!

Oh and this was me as Yui
Yui Cosplay

I wanted to also do Yui's ALO but I didn't have time since I was spending tons of work on another cosplay. would have been fun to be a fairy for day!
DA
lillybearbutt is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-21-2013, 07:50 AM   #467
Roxie~
Imma Goldfish~<3

hey! I was wondering if anyone on this thread would have any suggestions for a prop for Asuna's KoB costume other than her sword. I am going to Anime Boston and I do not want to bring any weapons of any kind this year. (My personal choice)

I was thinking of maybe using some rolls instead from when she tried rolls with kirito for the first time.

Echo - Phantasy Star Online 2

Athena - Angelic Layer

Roxie~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:32 PM   #468
Xanarcah
=..= rawr?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie~ View Post
hey! I was wondering if anyone on this thread would have any suggestions for a prop for Asuna's KoB costume other than her sword. I am going to Anime Boston and I do not want to bring any weapons of any kind this year. (My personal choice)

I was thinking of maybe using some rolls instead from when she tried rolls with kirito for the first time.
Picnic basket with sandwiches and soy sauce in it? She has one in episode 9. It would also be a great place to stash your phone/camera/all your stuff in~
- GMG Erza

Preregistered For
- GeekGirlCon '13
- Aki-Con '13
- Sakura-Con '14

Last edited by Xanarcah : 04-21-2013 at 09:34 PM.
Xanarcah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 10:47 PM   #469
Roses-and-red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie~ View Post

Transport Crystal Maybe?

http://cosplaywho.com/media/wysiwyg/sao-crystal.jpg

Roses-and-red is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 07:17 AM   #470
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

Agree with the above suggestions, they both fit the character and there aren't any real other options. I'd go with something that matches her skill set from SAO, which would be Cooking (Master), Tailoring (211/1000, so...Apprentice?), orr...well, she is never shown using any other weapons, but she IS listed as having 590/1000 Two-handed Assault Spear if you could find a spear from the universe to make use of. It's not like it was her favored weapon or something she used seriously though, and some fans will probably give you a "WTF, Asuna never used a spear!" for it despite it being accurate to the LN information.

It's like Kirito having once had Two-Handed Swords as a skill (he dropped that for Fishing) or Daggers (mentioned in a side story if I recall correctly). Most people wouldn't know about them without doing some extra reading. Though it does explain why he was able to use that Black Iron Greatsword in Fairy Dance, even if he mostly used it as a 1-hander...

Speaking of which, extra props:

Kirito, for all intents and purposes, has about 6 throwing picks (they actually look more like bō shuriken than knives). Their existence and the skill's use in the anime are limited to one scene in Episode 8 (Sword Dance of Black and White) where he nails the Ragout Rabbit with one, though in the LN he accidentally activates his throwing skill when angrily throwing a cup at Agil.

Other than those, there's not much else additional for him.

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
FFXIV: A Realm Reborn, Bard and Dragoon
KOTSProps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #471
Azuraschampion
SAO and AW's biggest fan

actually he does use them in episode 6 to throw them at kainz as hes running away on the rooftops. throws 3 at once. not that it did any good since they were inside the safe zone.

And yeah that was pretty funny. Agil's like Wth man you trying to kill me? so many great moments you miss if you dont read the LN

Last edited by Azuraschampion : 04-22-2013 at 06:19 PM.
Azuraschampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #472
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

I just finished two more Asuna outfits! YAY!
Unread 04-27-2013, 09:09 PM   #473
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

Was working on my stuff a bit more. Really trying to be ready for paint by next week.

I'm old-fashioned. PVC pipe? What are those? Lathes are more fun anyways, even if it's more...labor intensive.
http://i.imgur.com/g4fUadP.jpg?1

I also have several parts in primer (to show any imperfections), which will then get molded for replication later once I do the "primer, sand paper, bondo, repeat repeat" til it's done.

Hopefully I can get this done and get some Final Fantasy XI/XIV stuff started next month @_@

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
Unread 05-01-2013, 10:23 PM   #474
ichigo_m.
Eli Ebberts

Guys I need help.... I'm obsessed....
I'm thinking of making a Lyfa costume now...
I already have 4 Asuna costumes...
I just can't stop!!! xD
Unread 05-02-2013, 02:55 AM   #475
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

FINALLY! I have all of Elucidator's parts ready for Finish work! The remaining steps are, after assembling:

1. Primer 3 coats
2. Sand 400 grit dry, then 600 grit wet
3. One more coat of primer.
4. Sand 1000 grit
5. 2 coats metallic silver/steel paint.
6. Mask off edges and non-black areas
7. 3 coats metallic black paint.
8. 2 coats gloss clear
9. wet sand 1200 grit (removes any bumps in the finish and polishes)
10. Leather handle wrap.

Past those, I need a scabbard, which is a relatively simple process. The scabbard wrapping will come somewhat later as I need to work out how much of the upper edge needs cut open, then how I'm getting it on the baldric--snaps are an option, so are laced frogs. I'm generally following this for making my scabbard cores though.

Once finished, Dark Repulser and Lambent Light are getting my full attention for 2 weeks. If I can't have them up to where they just need gems cast by then, I'm in deep crap, cuz I need to finish those, finish my baldric, my coat, get a wig...contacts...critique will be sometime around July 1st.

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:

Last edited by KOTSProps : 05-02-2013 at 02:59 AM.
Unread 05-10-2013, 12:05 AM   #476
animazn

I'm doing a Sugu cosplay no one does her xD Just the regualr human Sugu, because ALO's is too complicated, plus I don't have the boobs xD
Anyways! I'm getting a friend to work on the skirt. But, I think she's making the pleats too small, so I'll have to see and stuff. The wig is in the mail, I just have to get the fabric for the shirt. But I"m super excited! My cousin is cosplaying Kirito(ironic I know) <=not a spoiler at all...

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:14 AM   #477
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

Just don't forget to carry a bamboo shinai around (you can find them in certain video stores, actually, or at least I can around here)~

Elucidator should be under paint some time this week. Which is good, cuz this has taken far, FAR too long. I'm also going to work on the coat Saturday. Might manage to finish it. I'm just afraid of the last two alterations ruining $50 of fabric if I do it wrong.

While I'm on the subject of the coat...

Anyone have any experience with bagging a liner? I got my hands on 7 yards of a black costume satin (It slides better than the raw inside of pleather)., and will be making an inner liner out of it. The original source pattern calls for full panel-width facings. If I'm going to a liner, can I trim them down to a couple inches? I'm thinking the width of the trim here...

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects:
Unread 05-10-2013, 02:20 AM   #478
animazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOTSProps View Post
Just don't forget to carry a bamboo shinai around (you can find them in certain video stores, actually, or at least I can around here)~
I was thinking about getting one. But I then again when am I ever gonna use it xD haha I might borrow a friend's kendo sword, but its black I'll ask around though, cause it'd be awesome!

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 08:46 AM   #479
fujyoshi
half elf flame haze

Finally finished Asuna can't wait till animeNEXT that way I can take some pictures :'D
fujyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 01:24 AM   #480
KOTSProps
Kin of the Stars

I figured I'd leave this here. It still needs a bit of touch-up painting before clear coats and the handle wrap are put on, but this is looking very nice considering that this particular blade took me only a week (yeah, yeah...6 months, but the final blade was only a week. Shows you how much I learned).

http://photo.cosplay.com/330339/3384732.jpg

From here, it's finding paints for Dark Repulser (ready for casting and a handle), getting Lambent Light's hilt done (the rest is comparatively easy), then a focus on the coat and Asuna's KoB uniform. I will, of course, need to make scabbards for these. I'm debating on doing a semi-historical wooden core, or just coping out to cardboard + fiberglass. Fiberglass would cut down the weight, I suppose, but it's something of an experiment for me. It would certainly be faster than trying to shape a wood core (for a wooden blade). Most modern commercial sword scabbards (i.e. scabbards for 440 stainless blades, not your real, traditionally forged blades) are fiberglass or plastic anyways, so in my mind it's a matter of getting the shape right (I have a few ideas for that).

2014 Events
KATSUCON 20
ZENKAIKON 2014
OTAKON 2014

Projects: