Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > General Cosplay Chat

Unread 04-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #16
Amaya
Ovarian Cancer Survivor

I had a dream once where I arrived at the hotel and started putting on my cosplay for the day. It was an awesome cosplay (a full armor set) and I was super excited to wear it. However, for some odd reason, my dream moved very slowly, and it took me the ENTIRE WEEKEND to put on my costume! So I missed the whole convention trying to get this costume on. Its was one of those really frustrating dreams where you are aware of what's happening even though you're asleep, and I was trying my hardest to speed time up in my dream.

It was so realistic I actually woke up upset and frustrated. XD Other than that, my dreams always consist of forgetting costume pieces.

Please check out my Facebook page!
https://www.facebook.com/nightraincosplay

Ohayocon 2015

Asuka Plugsuit (Evangelion 3.33)- 100%
Goddess Purple Heart (Hyperdimention Neptunia)- 70%
Baby Doll (Sucker Punch)- 90%
Poison Ivy (Batman)- 0%
Ashe the Frost Archer (League of Legends)- 90%
Amaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #17
Durroa
Woof Woof call me Delay

Oddly enough, I had a dream yesterday that I was at a convention, and I started to disassemble my cosplay and then remake it with extremely cheep and gaudy looking fabric. Then somehow i managed to reverse engineer my saber into a dinner tray.

I keep my dreams in a book, but that not one of my oddest one, lol.

Anime vegas 13
AWA '13

Completed Cosplays :
Aliot - Ragnarok Online
Dr. Stein - Soul Eater
GB Momiji Inubashiri -
Regular Style |Shino-miji Style
GB Nazrin
Durroa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 04:32 PM   #18
no-limit
There are No-Limits

I had a intresting dream last night DX.
It started with me having an iron man arc reactor attachment which made the entire suit appear? so i cosplayed as him.
Then i was at a festival and was cosplaying as ben 10 then i became a Ben 10 alien but a fursuit version...Then I kept having people pet my fur...
Then i found cosplayers and i was sakura haruno and we filmed a really popular skit and it was really popular.

Crazy...

My work? My plans? Come find: www.facebook.com/No-Limit-Cosplay
no-limit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #19
fma4everedo

Always have dreams of getting to the con and then forgetting one piece of the cosplay (like shoes) And last year before otakon I got half way to the airport, realized I left my cosplay shoes in my bathroom, I DROVE SO FAST to get them, I was not going to miss my flight either! I ended up getting there just as they were boarding everyone. Talk about a heart attack..... (no wonder why I have those dreams lmao)

I had a dream that the wig I ordered came in and it was too short. Or that the con is next week (when in reality its months away) and I havnt even started my cosplay or props.
oh those horrible nightmares of a cosplayer!!
fma4everedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #20
Khorrupt

Never had a cosplay-related dream before last night. Yesterday, my friends and I went to Free Comic Book Day as the Young Justice team, and then we had a friend with us who's usually our fem!Kid Flash, but she wasn't feeling it yesterday, and it's like, alright, that's fine.

Well, in my dream, our Robin and the girl who's usually Kid Flash call me and say they're making an actual fem!Kid Flash costume (because it usually consists of a t-shirt, jeans, and a ponytail), and I'm like...um, alright, and they say they made some "changes" to it that they thought I'd like, and they sent me a picture of it, and it looked like a cheap waitress uniform with the Flash symbol on it. I almost had a heart attack but then I woke up.

Weird.

~2014 Cosplay~
~W.A. Mozart [ Place Je Passe ] (Mozart l'Opera Rock) - FINISHED
~Silkie [ Kigurumi ] (Teen Titans) - FINISHED
~Ryuk (Death Note) - FINISHED
~Elsa [ Ice Dress ] (Frozen) - FINISHED
~Regency TARDIS (Doctor Who) - FINISHED
~Princess Aurora [ Blue ] (Sleeping Beauty) - FINISHED
~The Winter Soldier (CA: TWS) - 15% complete
Khorrupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #21
CosplayJelly
The Greatest Jelly

i recently had a nightmare where i went to katsucon and i dunno y, but i forgot my suitcase with COSPLAYS AND MONEY at my house. i was still happy to be with my buddies, but still a nightmare without my precious cosplays
Miss Fortune (LoL)- 0% thinking
Tera Elin- 0% thinking
Hermione- 99% waiting for shipment to arrive
Conventions~
OtakonAnime USAKatsucon!
CosplayJelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 04:10 PM   #22
KitoCosplay
Formerly C0rvu51nku8a3

Usually, the nightmares I have that involve anime conventions go like this-

I'm on a bus with all my friends on the way to the con. We're halfway there. Then I realise that I left my wallet at home (containing anywhere from $350-$400)
KitoCosplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:18 PM   #23
Spazmodroid
AKA, the awesom-o 4000

every cosplay dream I have is a nightmare. and always 3 months before a con ._.
It usually involves my cosplay always being made of cardboard and being only half-way finished...
Hello, geeks. Look at your profile, now back to mine, now back at your profile, NOW BACK TO MINE. Sadly, your cosplays aren't mine, but if you stopped wearing cat ears and fishnets and made your own suits of armor, yours could look like mine. Where does this LINK go? Back at me. I see it, itís my facebook page filled with pics of me creating that thing you love. Look again, THE PICS ARE NOW VIRAL. Anything is possible when your costume looks like Spazmodroid's and not this.

I'm over 9000
Spazmodroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #24
enik01

"Mate, where you at?! The convention is about to end!"
Unread 05-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #25
Moonsong
daughter of evil

I've had quite a few nightmares of showing up to the convention, only to get lost...Or only to realize that I had forgotten everything at home.

I think the scariest one I ever had though was the one where I showed up at the convention, got lost, and everyone who was walking around was extremely tall and gaunt, almost skeletal looking, and their eyes were soulless black voids. I was glad to wake up. XD

On hiatus until 2015.

★Saber EXTRA - 100% complete
★Rachel Alucard (Blazblue) - 100% complete

Moonsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 02:26 AM   #26
ChaosFoxCostuming

I frequently have dreams and a lot of them are really random so I've had tons of cosplay nightmares.

The most resent one I could think of was that I forgot to bring all of my shoes including my normal shoes and I was trying to figure out how to get to the store and buy shoes for the weekend since I was far away lol.
ChaosFoxCostuming is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 06:30 PM   #27
LemonVanilla

In just one month, I've had 2 dreams with the "unfinished costume" setting. I had the second one just a couple of days ago, and in it, I had no bodypaint or wig, which is the essence of my next cosplay. Without the wig and bodypaint, I would just be a human in armor.

I'm guessing my bad dreams comes from my last two cosplays being unfinished before the cons, even when pulling an all-nighter the day before con, and the fact that I'm still waiting for some material I need to start making my next costume, when the con is in less than two months. Oh, the joy of stress!
LemonVanilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:34 PM   #28
sooyong
Ninja for Hire

Lately I've been slightly unhappy with the gold fabric paint I've been using to hand-paint designs on Kasumi's costume...so last night I dreamt that I found a different paint to use and tested it out, but it was too glittery. Guess that means I should keep looking...

In Progress:
  • Sailor Star Healer (Sailor Moon: Sailor Stars)
  • Fantastic Baby G-Dragon
  • [Secret Project]

sooyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #29
Suuki
Kyle Broflovski

Had my first anime related dream.. I guess I will share.

So, it was the forth Great Ninja War. Which took place in a larger version of my room.
All of the Akatsuki were hanging out in one corner floating, and me, and some random blonde kid (As I can recall it was Naruto in casual clothes) Were fighting them off with guns.
I was so scared.. I hate how dreams scare you like it is really happening.. ;n;
So I ran out of bullets and kept hiding behind my bed.. (getting really scared now)
I went up to the kid and asked for more ammo. He scuffed something under his breath, and just handed me his whole gun..
I looked over to my door, which was near where the Akatsuki was and saw my black cat trying to escape, I didn't want her to get hurt, so I ran over and let her out of the room..
Me seeing my chance to escape, I got out of there fast !!
So I stood outside of my war zone room to catch my breath for a bit, then I went back inside.
All of the Akatsuki were dead, and then I asked the blonde kid what had happened..
He said.. This is how Kishimoto wanted it to end. O-o

Weird.. And I am no coward.. I think I would have fought.. I think.. ono
----
Anime LA '15
WonderCon '15
Anime Conji '15
Ninja Con '15
Anime Expo '15
San Diego Comic Con '15
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:26 PM   #30
balfours

I had a dream where I was putting on my Aqua cosplay, and the wig kept going to the wrong cut when I put it on. I'd grab another wig that was the right cut and it'd turn the wrong color. I also frequently have terrifying dreams where I forget a vital piece of my costumes and I wake up in a cold sweat and breathing hard.
balfours is offline   Reply With Quote