Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 272 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 04-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #3751
Xiaomo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
Nope, they state on their website that they don't do that. I doubt they have changed that way of doing things since they sell many things like that as well as medical garments that would "embarrass" some people.
Brilliant, thanks a lot!
Xiaomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #3752
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight View Post
Hey guys, I hope its ok to ask this here

Im about to start a modern dance class in a few months and I had a couple of questions about binders

Ive always wanted to get a binder, just to wear around, because by breasts are a little on the big side and have a smaller waist so its hard to find Bras that fit me well, and I like to have them tamed a little bit, but now since im going to start dancing again I have the perfect excuse to get one, itll be my first one so I will be getting the velcro kind

1.) Are T-Kingdom binders effective for support while dancing/playing sports?

2.) I know there are health risks for using ace bandages, but are there health risks for using Brest binders for sports?

3.) I have exercise induced asthma, can anyone tell me what its like to wear a binder with asthma, if it makes attacks worse, or triggers them more often?
I have never tried T-Kingdom, so I can't say. Since they're not known to be effective for larger breasts in the first place, I would question if they would really be any more effective than a sport's bra, perhaps less since they're meant to compress instead of hold breasts in place.

I would personally rather use an isolation type bra for sports or dance if I didn't care about having visible breasts. They've done studies and they're scientifically more effective when it comes to comfort and things not moving around. My friend has looked and found bras of all kinds for a 28G, so it's possible to find them (and actually not that hard if you're looking on-line !).

I know I would not be able to wear my binder during exercise. The one I have is too tight for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Firefly View Post
What size tritop binder should I get from underworks? I'm a 34A/32B, I think.
You need to measure with a measuring tape where they tell you to. Sadly, bra sizes are woefully inaccurate most of the time and shouldn't be used to fit for this kind of garment. The exacts matter, so if you used the "stock" measurements from the two sister sizes you list, the results actually point to different sizes of tri-top !

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #3753
Mr Firefly
Dear Canadian

Thanks! I went and found the measurement section after. I have another, longer binder from a while back, but I'm only moderately satisfied with it. It's certainly time for an update! It seems like the old binder might be a little bit big, but I can't remember what size I got before.

So I was thinking of getting the tritop (an extra front later wouldn't be a bad idea), but has anyone tried anything other than underworks? More specifically, I'm looking at a few from lesloveboat:
http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=125
http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=278
http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...products_id=98
I'm pretty skeptical about the velcro binders, but they do seem to be getting good reviews. I'd love to see some before/after shots with those kinds of binders. I know the one's on that site are a little pricier, but I'm willing to pay an extra few bucks for a good binder. I do get days when I just need to be a guy, so the compression isn't just for cosplay!
Mr Firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #3754
Chryso

@Mr Firefly, I must say I'm skeptical about velcro too - my thought is they would weaken with time. I have a binder for the same reasons as you. I have a pullover top from lesloveboat - this one in black http://www.lesloveboat.com/shop/prod...roducts_id=124 and I do love it. I'm also five foot tall and Asian so I'm pretty small and already pretty flat. I have no idea about bra sizes in the US, and to be honest I stopped buying bras since my mum bought about twenty of them from Vietnam when I was 20 (six years ago) so I don't even know my size in ANY country (there are no tags).

Pics for those interested:
Bra - https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.n...98964502_n.jpg
No bra - https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...14462503_n.jpg
Binder- http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a14...e/IMG_2519.jpg

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 04-24-2013 at 10:32 PM.
Chryso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:28 PM   #3755
Mr Firefly
Dear Canadian

It looks like it works pretty well! (We seem to be about the same size about too - height and bust) I'm thinking I probably will get a pullover from lesloveboat. Unfortunately, none of the pullovers come in a v-neck style!

I am leaning more towards lesloveboat than underworks though. It's sort of nice to know too that LLB's binders are geared more towards smaller, feminine bodies. I don't have anything close to the big man bodies they show on underworks!
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #3756
Kelley
Devil of Details

I have a 28" ribcage and use the tri-top.

I'm a little worried about ordering one of the Loveboat ones because I'm a ~28D/D and I don't quite have confidence in them without seeing someone of a similar proportion model them. :c

Actually in the pipes:
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:19 AM   #3757
Chryso

I'm the same Kelley. I was drawn the the loveboat ones because they seemed to be targeted at, well, Asian females, without trying to be racist - more petite and flatter like I am. I hesitated about the underworks ones for the same reasons as Mr Firefly.

@Mr Firefly a minor warning about the pullover, I got a Small and when I first got it I panicked that it was TOO small. I felt like I was going to have to dislocate my shoulder to get it over my head. With some effort though, once it got on it was SUPER comfortable, I notice I'm wearing it as much as I notice wearing a bra. As I've worn it more, it has loosened comfortably so it's much easier getting it on, but phew, that first time was quite an effort! I would say make sure you stretch it out a little before you try it on, and maybe washing it might help too.
When I get paid next month, I'm going to get the longer binder in medium and we'll see what the differences is.

Run without rivals

Last edited by Chryso : 04-25-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Unread 04-25-2013, 12:47 AM   #3758
daylight
Sugar Junkie

Quote:
I have never tried T-Kingdom, so I can't say. Since they're not known to be effective for larger breasts in the first place, I would question if they would really be any more effective than a sport's bra, perhaps less since they're meant to compress instead of hold breasts in place.

I would personally rather use an isolation type bra for sports or dance if I didn't care about having visible breasts. They've done studies and they're scientifically more effective when it comes to comfort and things not moving around. My friend has looked and found bras of all kinds for a 28G, so it's possible to find them (and actually not that hard if you're looking on-line !).
thanks!!! good to know that about the t-kingdom not being that effective for large breasts,
yeah I was doing some research and came up with the Enell Sports Bra, that I think im going to go with, since Im not going to be dancing seriously, I dont really need to conceal them
thanks for the advise
Unread 05-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #3759
Mr Firefly
Dear Canadian

Quote:
I have a 28" ribcage and use the tri-top.

I'm a little worried about ordering one of the Loveboat ones because I'm a ~28D/D and I don't quite have confidence in them without seeing someone of a similar proportion model them. :c
That's exactly how I was feeling for a bit, but now I know Chryso's tried some, and we're about the same size! Interesting! Interesting! I'll probably grab one from Lesloveboat to try!
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:28 AM   #3760
Chryso

Hey Mr Firefly, I just ordered one in medium from lesloveboat. Just wait til I've seen what it's like yeah? Like I said above, I think the small might be TOO small.

Run without rivals
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #3761
Chryso

Oh hey. Found an English agent for taobao (China's ebay) - so much cheaper from here. Might give it a shot.
http://www.lugbuy.com/jane-les-t-cor...058362621.html

Run without rivals
Unread 05-17-2013, 04:06 PM   #3762
SilentCAt
Twisted Hi-def Fly girl

Anybody know a way to compress 34D boobs? :P
Felicia Darkstalkers

----
Upcoming Con- TBA 2013
SilentCAt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2013, 02:36 AM   #3763
Kelley
Devil of Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentCAt View Post
Anybody know a way to compress 34D boobs? :P
Underworks Tri-Top.

Just make sure you go by actual measurements and not bra size.

Actually in the pipes:
Unread 07-16-2013, 11:59 PM   #3764
Hearthem
Behbehfish

Hi! I've done a bit of research about binding.. I've never done but for some cosplays I want to try.
I'm a 34B and I was wondering if a sports bra would be good enough? I have one but it was only about 11 bucks, so it's pretty thin and I thought maybe it wasn't the best sports bra for this sort of thing.
Any recommended companies for binders? Or specific binders?

Thanks!! :')
Hearthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 09:36 AM   #3765
Pirogoeth05
Western cosplayer

Hearthem - Look at the post above you.

Working on:
First Doctor Bathing Suit, The Doctor, Dawn, Shigure Sohma, GIR, Science Officer [DS9]

Eventually:
Science Officer [TNG], Science Officer [FC], Pirogoeth (D&D oc), The Dude (on The Grid)
Pirogoeth05 is offline   Reply With Quote