Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Sailor Moon

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 219 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 04-27-2013, 02:01 PM   #6706
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Aww, thank you Sui Kune ^_^ Haha yeah, I've always loved using my real hair, but I don't think I'll be doing that much anymore, since I've gotten older I really don't think I look good with blonde hair anymore ... I mean when I have it in odangoes it looks great, but for every day wear with it down, not so much @_@ Besides all the bleaching is totally killing my hair T_T I broke down and bought a blonde wig for my anime versions, so I probably won't be doing my real hair anymore, lol.

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-03-2013, 01:00 PM   #6707
SuzuStarlight
Blade Brave

So I got my wig and fabric for Loof Merrow. I'm sure the wig will look great with the purple strands attached, but I'm a bit worried because the fabric is brighter than it should be. I had a hard time getting the right colors, so I was down to those. Well, maybe it won't be that bad once I've done the sewing, but still ;_;

~Up Next~
Sailor Moon ~Classic Musical Fuku~ (Sera Myu)
Joyful Knight Candelira ~Human form~ (Zyuden Sentai Kyoryuger)
Maybe: Eri ~Cheerleader Version~ (Tensou Sentai Goseiger)
SuzuStarlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #6708
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Ooooh, a Myu costume! I admit I'm not familiar with the character (it seems like pretty much all the subbed Myu torrents are gone, and I'm admittedly not a fan of Miss Dream's work), but I'm excited to see progress photos!

I'll get some progress photos tomorrow hopefully, but once again I went backwards in progress. XD I more or less have to make all the bows again because my original bow fabric is discontinued, and I simply don't have enough of it left to be able to cut out long tails on the bias for an awesome drape. I'm sampling the brown from the exact same sateen line as my beautiful purple though, so if that works, they'll definitely end up a lot lighter and softer in look, which is a great plus.
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 07:45 PM   #6709
Hybryda
Master of Disaster

I just got back from convention when I was presenting my new Sailor Moon costume ^^ I'm so tired but so happy, cause before the event I didn't have time to put it all on. Finished last detail like 2 h before departure, so yeah X"DD

oh and it's Serenity, manga version, cause IMO it's so much prettier that anime one, and SO white, like only fev details on props are gold XDDD

but here it is, http://www.cosplay.com/costume/455428/ right now only one photo here, will upload more in time ;p but hey, here on my tumblr I posted much more XDD http://hybryda.tumblr.com/post/50844521716
also If you like watching progress photos, I have like a ton of them here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...67002&type =1

Last edited by Hybryda : 05-19-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Hybryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #6710
MissMina2
Cosplay not in a can

My friend and I will be wearing our Navy Sailor artbook outfits this weekend! We'll be Michiru and Hauka. I've only got the preview/laid out pic of mine though.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...18748148_n.jpg

2014 Cosplays for Ichibancon/Triadanimecon/Nashicon/Animazement:
Eternal Sailor Moon & Fruits Usagi, Sailor Moon.
Upgraded Magical Girl Mami, Madoka Magica.
School & SAO Asuna, Sword Art Online.
Code Black in Ashford C.C., Code Geass.
Mimori & Takamina, AKB0048.
Ballgown!TARDIS, Doctor Who.
And lots of Lolita.
MissMina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:29 PM   #6711
Hybryda
Master of Disaster

hello once again fellow moonies, I drop here again just to leave link to the skit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsTgPjj14wI I finally got video of my SKIT and i'm so happy <3

Next cosplay

Kid Loki | Batgirl | Nightcrawler | X-23
plans
Hybryda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:59 AM   #6712
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Anyone have tips for Getting The Collar Right? :x I'm redoing my collar; I'm not satisfied with the shape in the front. I'm also going to use less corrugated-cardboard-stiff interfacing because the fronts of my collars want to fly away, seriously. I have Lynleigh's collar pattern, but without measurements it's really proving to be a pain in the rear. I feel like my collar is way too thick and round in front.

Speaking of which, anyone going to Anime Expo? Not sure if I'm going to get the weekend off for it, but. One can only hope! XD
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 07:17 AM   #6713
Fabulousity
Only a little bit crazy

Prissi, have you tried this tutorial? The pattern is in the description, and it's pretty similar to the way I made my sailor collar, which I was pretty happy with haha
------------------
Gryffindor and proud!!!
------------------
Fabulousity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #6714
Kimiko Hito
Eternal Sailor Earth

Hey Moonies,
How have you been? It's been awhile since I actually been on here. I am going to be starting my Sailor Neptune costume and try and open my squishy shop as well either in May or June of next year. I need to get everything in order first so that I can open my shop. I will keep everyone up dated on my progress for my costume and shop, I hope everyone will love it.
I am Sailor Earth, the champion of the planet Earth. I stand for love and all things that are good for the planet Earth. In the name of the planet Earth, I will destroy you and all your evilness that comes with you!
Kimiko Hito is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #6715
Prissi
tsukini kawatte oshiokiyo

Fabulousity -- thank you! that's an awesome tutorial I will save for use with my arsenal of SM costumes I plan for the future hahahahhaha... alas... I should have clarified, sorry. I'm working on a Seramyu costume and the collars are rather different... and difficult haha. :x
Prissi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 02:02 AM   #6716
Sinnocent
Sinful Innocence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prissi View Post
Fabulousity -- thank you! that's an awesome tutorial I will save for use with my arsenal of SM costumes I plan for the future hahahahhaha... alas... I should have clarified, sorry. I'm working on a Seramyu costume and the collars are rather different... and difficult haha. :x
Myu doesn't get enough love, I'm excited to see your costume ^^

Upcoming Conventions

Anime North Texas
Friday: Live Action Usagi Tsukino Saturday: Julia (Cowboy Bebop) Sunday: Original Design Moon Dress

2015 Schedule Coming Soon!
Sinnocent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 04:06 PM   #6717
x-Steffi-x
UK Cosplayer...x

Aah, I haven't logged onto here in ages!

I'm currently working on a Sailor Luna cosplay for my October convention as I've just finished watching PGSM for the first time. I have the bodice done so far with the cute fluffy sleeves!
I should of posted pictures of my super sailor moon cosplay from March....
Usagi Tsukino (School Uniform) - Sailor Moon
Sailor Cosmos - Sailor Moon Sailor Stars
Bubbles - Powerpuff Girls Z

x-Steffi-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #6718
Sui Kune
I've got a can opener!

Apologies for being a bit inactive, I'm going full-boar into this S and Super Saturn to make them perfect. I'm finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'll post photos when finished!

Buuut, I had to ask: Who is going to be the first to tackle these GORGEOUS yet likely even more hell to sew than the previous Myu costumes? I will die if Saturn eventually makes a return and gets a new costume. *w*
☆ Sailor Saturn [Sailormoon S]
☆ Tomoe Hotaru [Mugen Gakuen Junior High Uniform]

沈黙のセーラー戦士、セーラーサターン!
Sui Kune is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:48 PM   #6719
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sui Kune View Post
Buuut, I had to ask: Who is going to be the first to tackle these GORGEOUS yet likely even more hell to sew than the previous Myu costumes? I will die if Saturn eventually makes a return and gets a new costume. *w*

I AM SUPER excited that they finally got Usagi's bangs/fringe right! and I am DYING to make her Sailor moon outfit!!! but I just commissioned a friend of mine to make me a Sailor Cosmos costume (I usually make my own costumes, but her's are so nice I decided what the heck!)...so I probably wont be making anything else for a while due to money reasons ;_;
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2013, 10:52 PM   #6720
Biscuit
You Know I'm Cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybryda View Post
hello once again fellow moonies, I drop here again just to leave link to the skit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsTgPjj14wI I finally got video of my SKIT and i'm so happy <3

I LOVE your serenity! it's so perfect! and the sword *drools* it looks amazing too!
Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote