Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Introductions

Unread 05-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Smile Cosplay n00b from Ottawa

Hello all! I have been working feverishly on the costumes for my first ever cosplay at my first ever convention, and after searching the forums and costumes for advice and tutorials on various things, I figured - why am I window shopping? Why not jump in!

I'm Canadian, and both my hubby and I are into video games. I play a wide variety, anything from shooters to RPGs, with some of my all time favourites being the Gears of War series, Silent Hill Series, and Skies of Arcadia <3 I'm also into various other fun and geeky things, and love that I can share (most) of my fandoms with my husband (though he just doesn't get anime... any of it... I've tried so hard.)

I will be attending my first convention - Ottawa Comiccon - with my husband next Saturday, and we will be going as characters from Borderlands - he as Dr Zed, and I as Moxxi! I've been having so much fun getting everything together, and am getting to the point now where my perfectionism and procrastination are locked in a battle to see what will get done in time As they say, the devil is in the details, and I LOVE details!

I'm already planning our costumes for next year's con, looking to craft some Gears of War armour for the hubby and I - and yes, I'm planning on getting started in September or so, as I KNOW I'll need the time
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-02-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
animazn

Welcome welcome! Its always great to see another Canadian There needs to be more of us That sounds awesome! I just got into cosplaying last year and I have a line of cosplays for this year as well I loved Gears of War! I remember playing that awhile back. Can't wait to see your cosplays!

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
Kumoshi
Just a cowardly montblanc

Welcome to cosplay.com! Your husband sure is missing out on anime. D: Still, it sounds really fun that you two will be cosplaying together (:

AX 2014:
- Vanellope Von Schweetz (Wreck-it Ralph)
- Kuroko Tetsuya (Kuroko no Basket)
- Isana Yashiro (K Project)
Kumoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 01:56 AM   #4
avskull
Seattle, WA cosplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCrankypants View Post
I'm already planning our costumes for next year's con, looking to craft some Gears of War armour for the hubby and I - and yes, I'm planning on getting started in September or so, as I KNOW I'll need the time
I think most of the time it fall into the EVA foam and hot glue category. Most of all have fun around here.
Unread 05-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
LadyCrankypants
Lady of House Crankypants

Thanks so much for the warm welcome everyone

animazn - Canada rocks! Lucky you for living out in BC, I lived on Vancouver Island when I was younger and it was such a beautiful place to be. Your costume from last year looks great, and I can totally tell that this whole business could become pretty addicting!

Kumoshi - I know, right? And I'm pretty sure he's only cosplaying with me because he knew it would be more awkward to be hanging out with me all day if he wasn't in costume too That and I'm doing all the work because he's "not good at all that creative crap" He's such a good sport! Nice dA BTW, your cosplays look great!

avskull - That's pretty much the plan (on both counts)! I've seen a few tutorials with a few different constructions and dayum it looks like it takes a while - good thing I have all year!

Works in Progress
Gaige - 75% done (on hold)
Gecko Moria - 90% done, props need to be finished

Completed Costumes - Moxxi|Dr Zed|Robin

The Crankypants Chronicles | Facebook Page | deviantArt
LadyCrankypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2013, 01:57 AM   #6
animazn

Defiantly Love it out here. Thanks a bunch! Although I didn't sew it haha. I gave the theory and materials and let my friend sew. But I guess that counts for something. I'm planning on doing most of the sewing this time around(except the harder pieces). Gl on your cosplays!!

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote