Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Crossplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-04-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
takanobaka

Question Ordering a cosplay: "men's size" or "women's size"?

I plan to crossplay as Canada from Axis Powers Hetalia to Anime North later this month, and I'm having a bit of a dilemma with ordering the cosplay itself.

I'm ordering this cosplay from ****This Website Link Has Been Removed due to Recent Forum Spam****l, but I've stopped short at the measurement options out of some confusion. I plan to use the custom measurements option since none of the listed measurements will fit me (too short for the larger ones... *sigh*), but the "other" (custom) option has two different options: "Other — Male" and "Other — Female". Which type should I order? Does it make a difference?

On a related note, should I make some size allowances for the binder I'm going to be using? I really should have ordered it before so that I could have made measurements and then ordered the cosplay, but unfortunately that's not an option at this point as I'm afraid that the cosplay won't come in in time if I wait any longer. I plan to get Underworks' Cotton Concealer Compression V-Neck shirt and wear it underneath the jacket.

This is my first time crossplaying and only my second cosplaying, so any help would be greatly appreciated!
takanobaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-05-2013, 02:22 AM   #2
dungjelly
yeehowdy

i'd assume a female size would have more space towards the hips, where the body tends to flare out; men dont have a curvy figure, if that makes sense. if you have wide hips, id say to order it in womens. i cant see the link, but you should inquire into the actual measurements of their costumes uwu i have the underworks 997, which is almost the same model, and from a d cup i go p much completely flat wearing it, so perhaps make sizing allowances. i cant say for the one you have though, but in the end it depends if you have a large cup size or not, as if you're pretty flat without a binder, sizing allowances shouldnt be that important. it's all up to what you think is best, i guess???

i really hope it goes well though!
dungjelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
hikaru_maxwell
Plushie Riku Cosplay

When ordering a cosplay the mens size versus women's size is actually pretty important. My sister ordered a "mens size" sailor mars because the womens was sold out, and I had to completely remake the thing just so she wouldn't turn out like man-mars. I'd contact the seller and ask what the differences are. Or just order the size for the gender you are and alter it to fit once it comes in. Most bought cosplays tend to need some sort of post-purchase alteration anyway, in my experience.