Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 06:45 PM   #16
Suuki
Sakura Chan
 
Suuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
Then don't cry when you end up with eye problems that may be expensive or irreversible.
You know what, I won't cry. Because I don't need prescription lenses, because unlike you, I have good vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshofRebirth View Post
Also please don't give advice to others. You may not care that much about your health or see it as a waste of money, but someone very well may.
Don't give my advice to others? Fuck off imbecile.
I can say what I want. I can help others if I want.
It is MY LIFE. If I want to spend my life, giving advice and helping others, I can.
Even if you don't agree with the little piece of advice I gave here, you have NO RIGHT to try to tell me to stop giving advice in my life.
Sorry but no sorry, but that statement REALLY offended me. As I find that to be the purpose in life.. To live for others.

I only responded to the rude replies.
I honestly already knew about oxygen issues.. Because I do my research. But I shouldn't have to explain myself.
Anyone that is replying to me WILL get ignored.

To OP:
I order my contacts from PinkyParadise. They do have prescription lenses there. c:
__________________
Conventions attending:
Anime Expo 2014
Anime California 2014

Last edited by Suuki : 05-06-2013 at 06:50 PM.
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #17
Kelley
Devil of Details
 
Kelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,447
No one is saying you can't risk your own eyes - just that you shouldn't encourage other people to do it without providing all the facts and risks or even just alluding to the fact that it's a risk - you don't need to write a paper, just don't write the advice like it's something safe that should be done with no questions.

My friend got contacts for a costume and he found out that while he has perfect eyesight his eyes are a very unusual shape - he was able to buy lenses but if he hadn't know that he could have caused major damage.

While you have the right to speak your mind and demean someone for being physically "imperfect" I have the right to say that what you said was disgusting and very rude. Unless they knowingly made a choice that lead to their need for sight aids it's not their fault they were born that way and it doesn't make you a better person because you were.

I don't think AshofRebirth was saying other people care about your health, but that other people care about their own health. It's unconscionable to tell someone a piece of advice without telling them it might be risky. People have the right to call you out on that because they don't want the person you're giving advice to to get hurt. Yes, it would be "their fault" if they didn't do their research, but some people on here are very young and might make a mistake or not know any better. As a forum it's up to all of us to make sure people get good and accurate advice that shows all sides of a choice so that people can be fully informed and make their own choices and decide what risks they want to take.
__________________
Disclaimer : This post written by a Grumpy Old Man

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 07:32 PM   #18
Suuki
Sakura Chan
 
Suuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
No one is saying you can't risk your own eyes - just that you shouldn't encourage other people to do it without providing all the facts and risks or even just alluding to the fact that it's a risk - you don't need to write a paper, just don't write the advice like it's something safe that should be done with no questions.
It is like a broken record. There is no need to repeat that that has already been said. It is a waste of time for everyone, don't you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
My friend got contacts for a costume and he found out that while he has perfect eyesight his eyes are a very unusual shape - he was able to buy lenses but if he hadn't know that he could have caused major damage.
Good for your friend? I have no idea how this is relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
While you have the right to speak your mind and demean someone for being physically "imperfect" I have the right to say that what you said was disgusting and very rude. Unless they knowingly made a choice that lead to their need for sight aids it's not their fault they were born that way and it doesn't make you a better person because you were.
I never said I was a better person Kelley. I will need you to quote it for me.
And please show me where what I said was, "disgusting and very rude". (actually don't. this doesn't need to drag out)
He said I would cry because I would have messed up eyes.
What I did was assure him that I have good vision, so I will never need to double stack my lenses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley View Post
I don't think AshofRebirth was saying other people care about your health, but that other people care about their own health. It's unconscionable to tell someone a piece of advice without telling them it might be risky. People have the right to call you out on that because they don't want the person you're giving advice to to get hurt. Yes, it would be "their fault" if they didn't do their research, but some people on here are very young and might make a mistake or not know any better. As a forum it's up to all of us to make sure people get good and accurate advice that shows all sides of a choice so that people can be fully informed and make their own choices and decide what risks they want to take.
He was rude. He outright told me to stop giving advice all over. Not just here. I don't care who he is, or what he meant.

And I never said people couldn't call me out on it. And I never said it would be their fault because they didn't do research.
People can call me out. But when it gets to the point of being rude or a broken record player, I will call THEM out, and be rude back.
__________________
Conventions attending:
Anime Expo 2014
Anime California 2014

Last edited by Suuki : 05-06-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:00 PM   #19
Kelley
Devil of Details
 
Kelley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 5,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
It is like a broken record. There is no need to repeat that that has already been said. It is a waste of time for everyone, don't you think?
Not any more of a waste of time than being rude is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
Good for your friend? I have no idea how this is relevant.
If he didn't get a fitting and prescription he wouldn't have known that. It's an example of why it's a risk if you just buy lenses with a "popular" or "common" base curve - because it won't work for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
I never said I was a better person Kelley. I will need you to quote it for me.
When you start to be rude in a post it colours the whole post with rude tones. You might not have intended something as rude but it came off that way because of your tone in the post as a whole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
He was rude. He outright told me to stop giving advice all over. Not just here. I don't care who he is, or what he meant.
Just like your post can be misinterpreted because of tone, you might be misinterpreting someone else. They might not have meant it in the way you read it. But it's also possible that they are the kind of person that cares very deeply for others and their safety - I cannot blame them for having a passionate reaction when they rightfully felt that someone else's health could be in danger if they took your advice. Eyesight is very important and I think it's understandable for someone to be passionate about preserving it and making sure others do not lose it because it is such an important sense to human beings !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
And I never said people couldn't call me out on it. And I never said it would be their fault because they didn't do research.
People can call me out. But when it gets to the point of being rude or a broken record player, I will call THEM out, and be rude back.
You didn't, but I covering future arguments. It is possible some of these people did not intend to be rude at all, just very passionate and worried or frustrated. This is why I try to save being rude for teasing between knowing parties or if it is very, very clear that rudeness was intended (to me the "Fuck off imbecile." coloured the whole post as very rude in tone even if you intended for a delineation in the content). Making mistakes is okay, I make mistakes and sometimes I'm rude to people. I just think your "detractors" simply had the best interests of a vulnerable audience at heart and it would be better to demure than to fight something that was intended to make sure no one was hurt.
__________________
Disclaimer : This post written by a Grumpy Old Man

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #20
Suuki
Sakura Chan
 
Suuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 771
He was rude. He told me to stop giving advice.
There is no way, that they can be viewed as "passionate".

I don't want this to drag out. He was rude, I was rude back.
End of story right?
And please don't get the wrong idea Kelley, I am not upset at you at all.
Nor am I really upset at anyone else. I try not to waste my life with others over the interwebs that are probably not even worth it. (:
__________________
Conventions attending:
Anime Expo 2014
Anime California 2014

Last edited by Suuki : 05-06-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
AshofRebirth
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suuki View Post
Don't give my advice to others? Fuck off imbecile.
Whhooooaaaa. Geez. First, I'm a girl :S

Second, geez I'm sorry if I insulted you so harshly as it seems?? I just meant if you show such disregard for your eye health, then please don't give that advice to others about eye health. The maturity in the way you responded doesn't help your case.

I wasn't even talking about advice in general. I wasn't rude at all. Or was I?? I don't even know anymore. My intention wasn't to be rude lol

If you give bad advice on this forum, expect to be called out on it. I mean, if someone comes into a thread with such ill-advise, of course others are going to be like "Whoooa here's why you should not do that OP", whether we're talking to whoever gave such advise or not.

Tl;dr: All I was saying is PLEASE don't go jumping into threads telling people to piggyback their lenses because you don't care about your eye health as much as others might. Yes, they should do more research than to blindly follow any advice, but would you not feel bad at all if they came back with injured eyes from your advice? Geez.

Anyways. I think we're done here. I'm sure the OP has enough information now. If not, there's a couple other threads that give good sites.
Because I see this thread getting locked really soon.
__________________
AshofRebirth Cosplay

I support Loose Cannons Props! And you should too!
AshofRebirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:09 AM   #22
Suuki
Sakura Chan
 
Suuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 771
1. I show disregard for my eye health? Show me where I said that? I just stated what I had read. I got corrected. It should end there.
The problem with cosplay.com is.. (it happens mostly on here, other communities are fairly nicer) Everyone targets the person. I repeat, again, don't mind being called out. But when it gets rude, I respond. (Got responces telling my I will cry when I go blind, that I don;t care about my health, ect.)

2. Fuck off imbecile, is fine to say. You were rude. I was rude back. You are the one that started the chain of immaturity. It could have been avoided if you used nicer words. Or double checked what you had wrote.

3. Broken record, I swear. No need to repeat what everyone else has said. I never have said that I hate being called out, okay?

4. Again, show me where I said, I don't care about my eye health.

5. And yes, you were very rude.
I don't care what your intentions were.
The fact you don't know that, isn't helping you either.

There was no reason for you to explain yourself. I honestly see nothing to explain for. You used the wrong words is all. I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and I go on with my life 5 seconds after the fact.
I may seem insulted, but in all actuality, I am not.
__________________
Conventions attending:
Anime Expo 2014
Anime California 2014
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:36 AM   #23
Noize
One Sky, One Destiny
 
Noize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 600
Okay... op here...

Honestly, I was really tentative to start this post since everyone has different options, but I am not going to piggyback my lenses. Sorry but in my opinion, it sounds extremely disturbing and I am not going to damage my eyes.

uh yeah... Went on Google to see what lenses piggyback was... Just no. Sorry but health freak here.
__________________
Noiz [DRAMAtical Murder]
Okita Souji [Hakuouki]
Riku [Kingdom Hearts II]
Yusei Fudo [Yu-Gi-Oh! 5Ds]


Dream Cosplays
Chrome Dokuro [Katekyo Hitman REBORN!]
Armin Arlet or Levi [Shingeki no Kyojin]
Rin [Togainu no Chi]
Lucina [Fire Emblem Awakening]
Aqua [Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep]


Noize is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:42 AM   #24
Suuki
Sakura Chan
 
Suuki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 771
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noize View Post
Okay... op here...

Honestly, I was really tentative to start this post since everyone has different options, but I am not going to piggyback my lenses. Sorry but in my opinion, it sounds extremely disturbing and I am not going to damage my eyes.

uh yeah... Went on Google to see what lenses piggyback was... Just no. Sorry but health freak here.
I have no idea who are are saying sorry too.
I already said I don't do that, as I don't need prescription. (I have good eyesight) I just recommended something I read.
I am not crying.
No need to say sorry.

I already recommended Pinkyparadise because they have prescription, but if you need to spend more and get an exam, go to your doctor.
It changes from person to person. What you do is for you. Because not everyone has the same eyes.
__________________
Conventions attending:
Anime Expo 2014
Anime California 2014
Suuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.