Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > A-Kon

Unread 05-04-2013, 12:25 AM   #16
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

I'm honestly afraid this is going to be the first AND last year at the Anatole. I really hope everyone behaves and doesn't damage the place.

LMAO! Boobie beacons. XD I don't even.

We'll see how things pan out~ I can give you my cell phone number closer to A-kon to make it easier to meet up if need be.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2013, 04:36 PM   #17
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

I agree...I'm so scared that someone is going to be dumb and destroy all the beautiful artwork around the place. It would be terrible if that happens... :c

YES BOOBIE BEACONS. They will literally bring all the boys to my yard. LMFAO.

KK~ Sounds good. I hope I get Blue Rose done. I'm doing it right now and we're already having trouble with her boobies omfg.
Hannuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #18
seto_kaiba_36

Exclamation

Do to My truck i wont be able to egt tiger done in time sorry >.<

A-kon Cosplay List

Nick ( Left for dead 2 )
Luigi ( super mario Brothers
Kaito Tenjo ( yugioh zexal if i can get my wig fixed in time @_@ ) If not
Yusei Fudo ( yugioh 5ds )

I Am The Thread Killer Fear me !!! ( its a bad joke ^_^ )
seto_kaiba_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 12:24 AM   #19
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannuh View Post
YES BOOBIE BEACONS. They will literally bring all the boys to my yard. LMFAO.

KK~ Sounds good. I hope I get Blue Rose done. I'm doing it right now and we're already having trouble with her boobies omfg.
LOL

I am cracking up over the fact that you started with the boobs too lmao XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto_kaiba_36 View Post
Do to My truck i wont be able to egt tiger done in time sorry >.<
Oh noooooooooo! Our numbers are so few!!!

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #20
Peixxes
Mage of Space

I won't be cosplaying from T&B this time around (I toyed with the idea of doing Sky High for A-Kon, but that was before it was completely and utterly out of my price range) but I just wanted to let y'all know that my gf and I are super excited for all of your plans and we will totally be complimenting you and/or asking for pictures if we spot you! uwu

next planned con: animefest 2014
potentially as: nonon jakuzure from kill la kill,
amethyst from steven universe,
miltank gijinka from pokemon,
eridan ampora from homestuck
Peixxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:22 PM   #21
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starlit Rose View Post
LOL

I KNOW RIGHT. The boobs are being a little butt so we didn't get much done. ; A ;
Unread 05-08-2013, 10:06 PM   #22
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peixxes View Post
I won't be cosplaying from T&B this time around (I toyed with the idea of doing Sky High for A-Kon, but that was before it was completely and utterly out of my price range) but I just wanted to let y'all know that my gf and I are super excited for all of your plans and we will totally be complimenting you and/or asking for pictures if we spot you! uwu
Yeah, I hear ya...none of the hero costumes will come cheap. @_@ I'm glad you're excited though!!

Quote:
I KNOW RIGHT. The boobs are being a little butt so we didn't get much done. ; A ;
Awww. What are you trying to make them out of? Or what part in particular is holding you up? (And don't you dare answer that with "bra") I don't know much about making boob shapes (lol) but I can try to help!

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:24 AM   #23
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

Quote:
Yeah, I hear ya...none of the hero costumes will come cheap. @_@ I'm glad you're excited though!!

Awww. What are you trying to make them out of? Or what part in particular is holding you up? (And don't you dare answer that with "bra") I don't know much about making boob shapes (lol) but I can try to help!
Right now we're just trying to figure out how to shape the light blue part. We just finished the dark blue part of the corset and we were planning to place the light blue on top, but not sure how that is gonna go now. :C
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:41 PM   #24
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Right now we're just trying to figure out how to shape the light blue part. We just finished the dark blue part of the corset and we were planning to place the light blue on top, but not sure how that is gonna go now. :C
Hmm, yeah, the shape can be tricky. My first thought was to use something you could shape with heat, like Worbla or something like that, because with fabrics alone, you have to use seams to form the round shape, or try and push the limits of how much curve you can get out of your fabric without using any seams. When Googling references of Blue Rose, I saw several pictures of BR cosplayers who used fabric without adding seams, and their cup shapes are pretty flat, but they work! It seems the cup pieces are small enough that you shouldn't need a whole lot of uh, outward shape haha, so you might take a look at other BR cosplayers and see what kind of shapes they ended up going with.

If you're using vinyl for the light blue parts, though, you might try this foam armor method, where you cover foam with vinyl. You could form the EVA foam into a somewhat rounded shape with a heat gun, and then cover the foam with vinyl as they did. They used stretch vinyl in the tutorial though. No idea what you're actually using, lol, but it's a good option if you're using a fabric you could use that method with. I'm sure you could do this with non-vinyl fabrics, too.

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 05-09-2013 at 01:43 PM.
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #25
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

Quote:
Hmm, yeah, the shape can be tricky. My first thought was to use something you could shape with heat, like Worbla or something like that, because with fabrics alone, you have to use seams to form the round shape, or try and push the limits of how much curve you can get out of your fabric without using any seams. When Googling references of Blue Rose, I saw several pictures of BR cosplayers who used fabric without adding seams, and their cup shapes are pretty flat, but they work! It seems the cup pieces are small enough that you shouldn't need a whole lot of uh, outward shape haha, so you might take a look at other BR cosplayers and see what kind of shapes they ended up going with.

If you're using vinyl for the light blue parts, though, you might try this foam armor method, where you cover foam with vinyl. You could form the EVA foam into a somewhat rounded shape with a heat gun, and then cover the foam with vinyl as they did. They used stretch vinyl in the tutorial though. No idea what you're actually using, lol, but it's a good option if you're using a fabric you could use that method with. I'm sure you could do this with non-vinyl fabrics, too.
We were actually going to use Worbla for it, but we decided to use this fabric we found instead. We might just end up using Worbla though. We're actually using vinyl for the light blue parts and we we're even thinking of doing some craft foam stuff, but that fell through too. Thanks for the help though! I'll probably talk to my friends about using Worbla again because I think it would look better if we did that~ ^^
Unread 05-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #26
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
We were actually going to use Worbla for it, but we decided to use this fabric we found instead. We might just end up using Worbla though. We're actually using vinyl for the light blue parts and we we're even thinking of doing some craft foam stuff, but that fell through too. Thanks for the help though! I'll probably talk to my friends about using Worbla again because I think it would look better if we did that~ ^^
What about the craft foam didn't work out? Was it too flimsy? If that's the case, you could try using EVA foam floor mats. They come in sheets about 1/2" thick, and once you heat form them, they hold their shape really well. Now that I think about it, the upper arm pieces I made have a shape (on the top part of the bands) similar to what you're trying to do, except mine are curved on top and flatten out on the bottom. It's kind of hard to tell from the photo - the one on the left shows a little better how it curves OUT and not just in a "U" shape. This is EVA foam, and I heat formed those pieces over my knee to round them. If I had worked with it more, I could have gotten it even rounder, but I didn't need it to be that round.

But yeah, just a thought! I know how expensive Worbla is, so that could be a cheaper alternative. But if you're okay with the cost of Worbla, then by all means, go with Worbla, haha. That'll do anything you want it to.

Good luck!!

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 05-10-2013, 09:35 PM   #27
seto_kaiba_36

Exclamation

Quote:
LOL

Oh noooooooooo! Our numbers are so few!!!
i am sorry my truck deisded to have a fuel pump and the catalack converter go out >.<

it killed my cosplay budget

A-kon Cosplay List

Nick ( Left for dead 2 )
Luigi ( super mario Brothers
Kaito Tenjo ( yugioh zexal if i can get my wig fixed in time @_@ ) If not
Yusei Fudo ( yugioh 5ds )

I Am The Thread Killer Fear me !!! ( its a bad joke ^_^ )
seto_kaiba_36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 01:23 AM   #28
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by seto_kaiba_36 View Post
i am sorry my truck deisded to have a fuel pump and the catalack converter go out >.<

it killed my cosplay budget
Ahhh, that's a bummer. Totally understandable, though!

Facebook || Tumblr
Unread 05-20-2013, 03:01 PM   #29
Hannuh
Princess Tofu

My friends and I don't think we can do Tiger and Bunny this year. I got pretty far on Blue Rose but I have lots of things scheduled this week and next week that I can't work on it. Also my sewing machine broke and I don't know why. /sobbing

I hope to get it done some how, but I doubt I can. My boyfriend mmight still be doing Tiger, but who knows. Instead I'm doing Shura since I have everything and that's my back up for Blue Rose. ;3;
Unread 05-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Ahhhhh nooooo T_T I'm sorry to hear that! That sounds really frustrating. It'd be really awesome if you could get it done, but I totally understand if you can't! Hopefully your boyfriend still gets Tiger done, but I imagine he won't really want to if you aren't going to be able to cosplay with him. XD Totally understandable! We can always join forces later when it's a better time. (Honestly, it is a race against the clock for me, too. I'm trying my best to get Barnaby done in time, but I still have SO MUCH to do. TAT)

But heeeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyy if your backup costume is Shura, you should toootttaaallly join our big Ao no Exorcist group on Friday!! I'll be Yukio, and we have Rin, Shima, Shiemi, Bon, Konekomaru, and shiro for sure, and hopefully an Amaimon! We had someone to be Shura, but she dropped out. D: Sooooo we totally need a Shura if you're interested~! 8D We'll be wearing AnE all day Friday, but at night, around 9pm or 10pm, we're doing a photoshoot with Aperture Ashley. She shoots for free, but we're all planning to tip her to thank her for her time and for shooting with such a big group. But yeah, you should joooiiinn usssss!

Facebook || Tumblr