Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Anime Boston

Unread 03-01-2013, 10:48 PM   #1
SongofaPhoenix

Tales of 2013

So, who is cosplaying from the "Tales of..." series? I plan to be Flynn from Vesperia this year! I'd also like to organize another picnic, since those seem to be very fun and we all need to remember to eat at cons!

Photoshoot and Picnic time and location: TBD Potentially 2:00 on Saturday!

I'd like some feedback on when the photoshoot and picnic should be. I don't want it to be during any big events so that as many people can attend as possible. I'm considering doing them on Saturday. We can either have the photoshoot first indoors and then relocate like we have done in the past, or have the photoshoot and picnic both outside at the same place so we don't have to move. It could save time as well for people who want to attend both but can't stay long. Let me know what you think!

About the picnic: I will compile a list of who is bringing what foods so we know what we have. We need some actual semi-healthy foods, sweets/snacks, plates, cups, utensils, napkins and drinks. If you can't afford to bring food for people, even just a cheap package of napkins, cups or a soda would be helpful. Last year not many people brought food, so I want to get a head start on this. Please, if you plan to bring something, do your best to do so. We're counting on each contribution. Also, please be aware of food allergies/preferences and mark your contributions with ingredients/allergy warnings.

Picnic List:
SongofaPhoenix: Tuna Sandwiches, possibly Muddy Buddies (chex mix coated in chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar)
Garen: Possible meat pies
Uerria: Cups, plates, napkins, utensils, Mieu cake
Lulzypop: Potato salad, veggie platter

AB 2013: Flynn Scifo (Tales of Vesperia), Shion (No. 6), Ranulf (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), potential Trish (Devil May Cry)
CTcon2013: Leila (Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken)
Otakon 2013: Trish, Flynn
AAC 2013: Tosaka Hiyoko (Hatoful Boyfriend), Miss Yui (Corpse party)

Last edited by SongofaPhoenix : 05-07-2013 at 07:32 PM. Reason: List update
SongofaPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-01-2013, 10:54 PM   #2
Garen
unapologetic yorozuya

I'm bringing brownies, and my own charming Yuri self. I'd like to suggest picnic and photoshoot simultaneously, if possible, and I think we should try and snag that big sculpture thing in the courtyard, because it's cool.
"Give it your best shot if you think it's worth it, so if you fail it won't be for lack of trying. If it's not worth your best shot, then why bother?"

Sewing commissions are on hold, but I still do custom pattern-drafting. PM for details.

Katsucon:
Natsu (Fairy Tail), Alibaba (Magi), modern!Kili (The Hobbit)

AnimeBoston:
Yuri (ToV), Allen Avadonia (Evillious Chronicles), Yukimura (SDK)
Garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 08:06 AM   #3
Uerria
Costumer

I think we should have the photoshoot and picnic in the same place, since we have lost people while moving. ;0 Courtyard sounds like a great place, there's an awesome background, and seats everywhere. xD

I'll bring cups, plates, napkins and utensils! I'm gonna do another attempt at a Mieu cake this year, and he will look amazing. :I

I'm not sure if I'll be in Tales or not, but if I'm not, I'll take pictures. xD I have formal!Presea from Symphonia planned, it's whether I want to change into it or not.

Katsucon 2014

Catherine - Catherine
Robin - Teen Titans
Officer Caitlyn - League of Legends
Sven - Frozen
Uerria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-02-2013, 05:32 PM   #4
Lulzypop
Seeking new username

I can easily have Tales as long as this doesn't conflict with any other shoots! I'll probably bring everyone I have finished and just change according to how I feel/if people want pictures. So that's Colette and formal!Raine, and maybe Sheena too if I can figure out a quick fix for the wig.

I can bring... I dunno, pretzels, raisins, a veggie platter, nutella and bread, potato salad, bagel buffet, or just supplies. I have a room so I can possibly keep things in a minifridge if someone else makes something and needs to store it somewhere.

The inside courtyard for both sounds great. :3 Can't wait until we figure out times.
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
SongofaPhoenix

Garen: I approve of brownies, and I also approve of taking pictures by the statue thingermabober.

Uerria: Yay Mieu cake!

Lulzypop: All of those things sound great! Especially the potato salad and bagels.

By the sound of it, we'll be having the photoshoot and picnic all in the same place outside. There are plenty of tables to eat at and lots of room for pictures and shenanigans! I am excited for this.

AB 2013: Flynn Scifo (Tales of Vesperia), Shion (No. 6), Ranulf (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance), potential Trish (Devil May Cry)
Unread 03-18-2013, 09:53 AM   #6
Rukeya

I'm going to be cosplaying as Wingar. My brother will be Gaius and our friend Alvin - all from Xillia. Would be cool to meet up with others.
Rukeya is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #7
SongofaPhoenix

So because the original plan for 12:00 or 1:00 seems to conflict with other things with a couple of people, the time may be changed to 2:00 on Saturday. I made a Facebook group for the event and created a poll to see what is best for everyone! If you don't have a Facebook, you can just let me know here. =) https://www.facebook.com/events/632665243414956/

Also, I've decided what I'm bringing! Tuna sandwiches, based on this recipe: http://talesofcooking.tumblr.com/pos...-tuna-sandwich

Unread 05-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
Uerria
Costumer

There's a 4pm meetup on Friday at the Courtyard also, if anyone is interested in that! Here's a link to the fb event! https://www.facebook.com/events/516855115038289

Katsucon 2014

Catherine - Catherine
Robin - Teen Titans
Officer Caitlyn - League of Legends
Sven - Frozen
Uerria is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #9
SongofaPhoenix

Hey everyone! I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who attended Saturday's shoot! I missed Friday's, unfortunately, but Saturday's was a blast! I'm so glad it went well and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Also a shout-out to my friend, Gilgamesh, for helping me to organize it. I also want to thank everyone who brought food for the picnic afterwards- it was delicious!

Here is my AB album, which includes all of the pictures I have from the shoot:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...27907& type=3

If that link doesn't work. let me know. Also, feel free to friend me on Facebook if you have one! Just let me know who you are first.