Go Back   Cosplay.com > Canada Convention Forums > Canada Cosplay

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-21-2011, 05:39 PM   #406
Dart:Dense Boy
Horses+Cosplay=Poor

Seasons greetings everyone!!

Just wanted to remind everyone that there are only 10 days left to buy the early pre-reg ticket for Con-G - $22 for the whole weekend.

Lots of great stuff planned this year

We have a lot of great guests coming this year too, including voice actor Kyle Hebert. They'll be doing some Q/A and some other fun programming.

Some more great events - new this year cosplay chess (we will have checkers too) a live DS pokemon league and an official pokemon tcg tournament, and live action mario. Back again Name that tune, cosplay lightning round, and Kon's Dance party.

We have 2/3 panel rooms with some great programming - all sorts of cosplay topics like props or crossplay, photography with some amazing photographers, drawing with webcomic artists, the ever popular yaoi panel, tv show specific ones and so much more.

We have 2 rooms of dealers (double the amount last year) with lots of cool stuff to buy as well as an artist alley. There is some really neat stuff this year.

We have a gaming room and coming this year is Game Asylum which is gaming trailer that will be running some tournaments over the weekend. And of course DDR will be back too :P

We also have a coat check (because it's winter), lots of space for photoshoots, and a pool/hot tub you can use if you are staying at the hotel.

You can also volunteer during the convention (if you're by your lonesome, it's actually a great way to make some new friends). Our volunteers get treated pretty well they get fed and money back (depending on how much they volunteer).

Come check us out www.con-g.com

*Never judge anyone until you've walked a mile in their cosplay shoes :P* Those things are painful!
Dart:Dense Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-06-2012, 12:32 PM   #407
Hinachuri

I just moved back to kitchener, I was living in Toronto for two years. I don't really know anyone around here anymore ^^; any cosplayers?
Hinachuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #408
Kaes

Hi, I am a Cambridge (Galt) cosplayer I'm up for anything though I travel via the grt system(bus) so anything outside the bus range I can't really get to that often. WOuld love to meet some new cosplaying people!
Kaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:24 PM   #409
Swooping-Puma

If any of you are headed to EMC [even for just the cos ice skate at city hall saturday], I'll be wandering around in my new and improved Lugia cosplay. Would love to meet any of you!
Unread 01-19-2012, 10:40 PM   #410
Kaes

Sadly no EMC for me, just Con-G and AN I can't really afford anymore time off work.
Kaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:02 AM   #411
chizoom
The Exhaulted

Thread still active?

Hello guys, I'm new to cosplay persay and since the last post is from 2012 I was wondering if ppl from KW/Guelph/Cambridge still get together chat/meet? It would be nice to meet up and chat about building processes etc. Weekends are best for me but other times would be fine aswell
chizoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #412
nyokun
Difficult? I'll do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chizoom View Post
Hello guys, I'm new to cosplay persay and since the last post is from 2012 I was wondering if ppl from KW/Guelph/Cambridge still get together chat/meet? It would be nice to meet up and chat about building processes etc. Weekends are best for me but other times would be fine aswell
Heee pandas... *ahem*

I'm always up for meeting new people and cosplayers. Weekends are usually better for me as well, what with work stealing all of my time.

If its Good and Cheap, it wont be Fast
If its Fast and Cheap, it wont be Good
If its Fast and Good it wont be Cheap
nyokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2013, 09:40 PM   #413
HidoshiNobunaga
The Clear Sky in a Storm

Not to toot our horn too much, but ConBravo! is coming up in the summer (July 26-28th) and is in Hamilton, so pretty local to the Tri-City area. We have a lot of cosplayers who come out to the con and we're doing things like a meetup board (basically you tell us when your photoshoots or meetups are and we list them on a board at the con so people can find each other) and things like that.
1 Summers Lane, Hamilton, ON
HidoshiNobunaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 07:36 PM   #414
chizoom
The Exhaulted

Nyokun it would be great if we could get together soon for a tea. Where are you located? I'm in the Stanley Park area of Kitchener and able to drive to you if thats better. I took some pics of me in my costume this morning and I need to get chubbier
chizoom is offline   Reply With Quote