Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 208 votes, 4.97 average.
Unread 04-05-2013, 02:46 AM   #541
katx
Azu-nyan~

Brand: DollyEye Green Lens EOS V209LB (got it from http://www.lensvillage.com/ but should be available elsewhere)

Price: $19.50 (w/o shipping)

Color: Green

Natural Eye Color: Dark Brown/Almost black

Review: This worked really well despite me having really dark colored eyes. I did some research and found really nice images from people who purchased them, which convinced me to get a pair. They're pretty affordable too. For some reason, the pair I got was quite uncomfortable. It felt like the contacts were too thick and rubbed against my eyelids. Though I'm not sure if it's because of allergies (allergy season!), something to do with the distributor, I got a bad pair, or I just have sensitive eyes.

You can also check out atlantisan's review here (she also has pictures):
http://atlantisan.blogspot.com/2010/...w-v-209lb.html
She got her lenses from a different site, and she had a better experience wearing them.

Outdoor/Shade, no flash

Indoor/Dim (Regular exhibit hall low-light) with flash

//#13026

Last edited by katx : 04-24-2013 at 03:27 PM.
katx is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #542
LMFLEELEE
Banned

You can get new and nice designs of contact lenses @ glowandglamour.com

they are having a 50% off promotion now!
LMFLEELEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2013, 05:55 PM   #543
noctiluca
ryuujin no miko

I think I posted these before, a long time ago, but I have a much nicer/clearer image now--

Super Pinky Bright Red

(indoor light by a window, no flash or retouch)

super vivid red lenses, they make my eyes look like rubies. Pale gold eyeshadow (or colored shadow with gold shimmer in it) makes the red look even brighter.
"Yuko" Narukami (Persona 4)

I have a tumblr too!
noctiluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #544
Blood_Sword
The samuraiholic guy

I have light blue-gray eyes (with a tint of green in certain lights) so I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post here but, err, I figured it won't hurt and might help someone.. right?

Oh well, some time ago I bought my first pair of contact lenses, the Super Pinky Violet. I bought them from Honey Color.

Here's a few photos:

Lenses in the case.

Bathroom light without flash.

Bathroom light with flash.

One lens in, just for comparison. Bathroom light with flash.

Cosplay test. Bathroom light without flash.

Here's some more information, bigger photos and my experiences wearing the contacts for the first time: http://valkoinensamurai.blogspot.com...ay-contact.htm

I'm looking to have a photoshoot of my Hijikata cosplay so hopefully I will soon have more photos of me wearing these contacts.

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Luxray (gijinka) - Pokémon

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Oulun animeseminaari (8-9 August 2014)
FRI Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SAT ???

Last edited by Blood_Sword : 05-08-2013 at 05:49 AM.
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #545
IchiBLEACHcake

Here's a review for some yellow/gold lenses!
As you can see below, I have dark brown eyes and the color shows up very well. =)

These are 'Dolly Eye Brown' lenses from Colorcon Koumi: http://akirakozue.tumblr.com/
Even though it says 'brown' they are very much a golden color. The lenses are yellow, though when I put them over my dark brown eyes, it softens the sharpness of the yellow and gives it a very warm, more natural gold.

I give the comfort level about an 8/10 but that's simply because I have chronically dry eyes, so no contacts are very comfortable for me XD Compared to other lenses, however, they are at the top of the list for most comfortable.

These are all indoor pictures with no flash. They are even more vibrant outside!

IchiBLEACHcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 05:35 PM   #546
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

Blue and Aqua Contacts

Got a couple of contact lenses to show off! Both of these are from Pinky Paradise.

G&G GBT Sky (link)

Photo ------> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...9&l=579f8e6b34

My natural eye color: medium-dark hazel

Color: 5/5 - By far the most realistic blue contacts I've ever owned! I love natural they look. Not too deep blue, not too dark - pretty awesome. LOVE these! The pupil hole is pretty small, too. Not much of my natural color shows through.

Comfort: 5/5

Overall: 5/5! These are now my go-to general blue eyes contacts.

------

Venus Eye Aqua (link)

Photo ------> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...2&l=7b338cfd10

Color: 5/5 - They are the perfect color for what I was going for (a green-blue) and they are pretty bright. The pupil hole is a little bit bigger than the GBT Sky, but still not bad.

Comfort: 5/5

Overall: 5/5

Photo of these contacts in action:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...3&l=c112ae9bcd
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr

Last edited by Starlit Rose : 09-26-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 12:19 AM   #547
AdventurerEmily
Zombie Extraordinaire

Super Pinky Green

Hi there! I skimmed the thread and didn't see anyone reviewing these yet, but I may have missed it. Oh well, another review can't hurt.

super_pinky.jpg
Top left: natural color (dark brown) | Top right: indoors (shade) with flash
Bottom left: Outdoors (shade) no flash | Bottom right: indoors (near window) no flash

Super Pinky Green circle lenses
Purchased from Honey Color

Color: Deep forest green, with a dark almost-black limbal ring and a gradient into transparent pupil.
  • Color: 5/5-- shows up very well on my dark brown eyes. Where natural iris shows in middle, color blends well and looks natural.

Comfort: Yearly lenses. Base curve is 8.6 mm, diameter is 14.8 mm. 45% water content.
  • Comfort: 3/5-- despite high water content, lenses dry out and require drops for long-term wear.

Enlargement: 14.8mm diameter feels quite large. Dark limbal ring increases the enlarging effect.
  • Englargement: 5/5-- big dolly eyes!

different.jpg
Showing the difference between contact (image right) and regular eye (image left).
AdventurerEmily is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #548
Yazoo_the_Kazoo
Allons-y!

GEO Animation SF 17 Green from Pinky Paradise

Natural color: Dark green/grey, brown central heterochromia

Comfort: 4/5 - The pupil hole is very small, meaning that no natural eye color shows through, but it also gives a light tunnel vision effect, which gives me a headache.

Color: 5/5 - Incredibly vibrant and unnatural, which is exactly what I wanted these for.

Overall: 5/5 - They're super vibrant, and you can see them from across the room. Love it!

"I don't have to conform to the vagaries of time and space...I'm a LOONY for God's sake!"

-tumblr-
-DeviantART-
Yazoo_the_Kazoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 01:46 AM   #549
jukebox1

Thank you to all, it's so great to see all these photos here.
jukebox1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2014, 07:17 PM   #550
Puffycaveman

Personally, I really like the EOS adult green (old version) Since I have really dark brown *almost black* eyes, they end up looking aqua. These aren't as opaque, and will not show up very well in indoor lighting, but it still lightens my eyes and people do notice them.

*All photos have been taken with a camera phone*

^natural sunlight

^indoor natural sunlight

^indoor lighting

^indoor lighting with flash

I really love these lenses, they're really comfortable and don't slide around and I can wear these for quite a long time. They're thinner compared to a lot of circle lenses, but they do dry out the eyes a little so I would recommend bringing some eye drops just in case. I ordered the contacts at www.candylens.com
Unread 04-24-2014, 11:20 PM   #551
BrokenAlice
fields of hope ☆

Dueba Puffy 3 Tone Blue

Super Pinky Gray

I love both these lenses very much! They're very vibrant on my dark brown eyes, my bathroom lighting pics do them no justice ; v ;
- -SDCC '14
»*undecided so far*
BrokenAlice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2014, 11:28 PM   #552
CosmicPandaGirl
Kid-krazi

These are Sweetin color white out contacts and I absolutely love the way they look c: my eyes are an almost black dark brown. They look amazing in all forms of light.
Comfort 4/5
Conker: Conker's Bad Fur Day
2 Star Mako Mankanshoku: Kill La Kill
STOP BEING A GUEST AND JOIN ALREADY

Follow me on tumblr
CosmicPandaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #553
Ion
Lyrical gangster

EOS Fay/Fairy Blue and Alice and Rabbit's Ciel Lens

Personal ratings:
- Color:
Alice and Rabbit's Ciel lens: A+ as it will show on any eye color. The coloring is opaque, you can see well with the lens in too.
EOS Fay Blue lens: A, not quite what I was expecting but it is a noticeable color I would liken to denim blue.

- Comfort: A+
Both lenses are comfortable and were worn for a period of 6 hours for my test. No irritation experienced. The first Ciel lens I used from Fantasy Sheep was not comfortable at all. This one is a much better choice and I experienced no vision obstruction even with the star design partially covering the pupil.

- Overall:
A+ for Ciel lens.
A for Fay Blue since it is rather unpredictable depending on your natural eye color and lighting situations. That said, while it took some time to grow on me, I really like these lenses now because they are an excellent middle-ground choice between very pale, icy blue and saturated royal/sapphire blue.

The Fay lenses do not have much to offer in terms of enlargement or thick, dark limbal rings, but I think it makes the lens look slightly more believable and less alien. Not recommended if you want a super kawaii/dolly look, but totally recommended it if you want lenses worth wearing because the color shows up on really dark eyes.

In action:
Ciel Pic 1
Elsa Pic 1 Pic 2

CURRENT PROJECTS
Astrid - How to Train Your Dragon 2 | Elsa - Frozen (coronation gown) | Tiki - Dragon's Crown | Toothiana - Rise of the Guardians | Legolas - Lord of the Rings | Baroness - G.I. Joe
Ion is offline   Reply With Quote