Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Fitness

Reply
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Unread 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #76
JennSights
Registered User
 
JennSights's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11
WOW so inspiring! I did 2 rounds of Insanity and I don't know if I could do it again. As Shaun T says....that "S*** is bananas yo!"
You should be so proud of your accomplishment!!! WAY TO GO!!!
__________________
"We all can be only who we are, nothing more, no less."
Kahlan Sword of Truth
JennSights is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Unread 05-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #77
Angel Tear
Sugar Snow
 
Angel Tear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 446
I started yesterday after finally wanting to do something about my weight and self esteem - man I'm feeling the burn JUST from the fitness test!

If it hurts, you know its going to work. I'm gonna dig deep and keep popping back here for support and to keep on track with this.
__________________
Upcoming cosplays:
Kaname Madoka
Tsukiyomi
Kureha
Flower
Angel Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #78
Drazhar
Registered User
 
Drazhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Tear View Post
I started yesterday after finally wanting to do something about my weight and self esteem - man I'm feeling the burn JUST from the fitness test!

If it hurts, you know its going to work. I'm gonna dig deep and keep popping back here for support and to keep on track with this.
We got your back! I would be doing it again... buuuut I dislocated my left shoulder playing basketball with one of my neighbors. I can't even sleep normally yet.

You have no idea how much this frustrates me.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #79
Bovice
Registered User
 
Bovice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 261
I run an obstacle course I kinda custom made on my own from this course at a park I go to. Haven't done insanity, but Fossil Park sure gets it in
Bovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #80
Angel Tear
Sugar Snow
 
Angel Tear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
We got your back! I would be doing it again... buuuut I dislocated my left shoulder playing basketball with one of my neighbors. I can't even sleep normally yet.

You have no idea how much this frustrates me.

Thanks! sorry to hear about your shoulder, hope you're on the mend though

My calves are murdering me at the moment. I haven't been able to put my heels on the ground for a few days now (again, probably a sign that its all working and such) I've also gone ahead with the healthy eating and drinking more water. It's weird but I already feel new improved and shiny!
__________________
Upcoming cosplays:
Kaname Madoka
Tsukiyomi
Kureha
Flower
Angel Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:10 AM   #81
Zalgo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11
Great job dude, this really gives me inspiration to keep up with insanity.

I am finally getting on track with insanity starting today actually, I just completed the test run workout portion fully for once.

I got insanity about 2 months about but during those 2 months it was kind of like a gas lawnmower/weed-eater effect for me. I would start then get tired and give up after like 15 mins into one workout routine and not until now have I actually kicked myself in the ass enough to start and completed my first full video (woo) lol.

my short term goal is to keep up with this workout routine along with diet to get as flat of a stomach as I can along with abs (but I think think that will happen this fast) by the 4th of july. (anime expo) for my cosplay of course. And my longterm goal is to keep up with it so I can be in tip top shape by the end of the year.

I am currently around 5'5-5'7 157lbs (lost about 3 pounds in around 2 weeks somehow, I guess it was the diet change lol) so im not too overweight, I just have a slight beer belly that I want to shed the best I can. while I am not expecting full flatness I am hoping to get pretty close so I can look good in a shirtless cosplay.

my only real issues is knowing when the best times to eat are, I start off my mornings with a whey protein powder smoothie with fresh fruit yogurt juice..and all that good stuff..but after that its hard to not under/overeat at the wrong times.
Zalgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:04 PM   #82
MinTako
Registered User
 
MinTako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
I just started insanity yesterday as well! :3 I'm really enjoying it so far although its so hard! Its so incredibly hard to push yourself when your feeling completely worn out though I know thats when it really counts. That, and the diet. I'm having troubles not eating too much, I feel so hungry after those work outs xD

Luckily I've got 3 months until the con I have as my goal. I have about the same problem as Zalgo though. I'm somewhat 'underweight' but I'm skinny fat. So I've got the kind of flabby belly going on, which is what I'm working to get rid of. I'll try to keep up to date with my results ~ Good luck to us all
MinTako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #83
Drazhar
Registered User
 
Drazhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinTako View Post
I just started insanity yesterday as well! :3 I'm really enjoying it so far although its so hard! Its so incredibly hard to push yourself when your feeling completely worn out though I know thats when it really counts. That, and the diet. I'm having troubles not eating too much, I feel so hungry after those work outs xD

Luckily I've got 3 months until the con I have as my goal. I have about the same problem as Zalgo though. I'm somewhat 'underweight' but I'm skinny fat. So I've got the kind of flabby belly going on, which is what I'm working to get rid of. I'll try to keep up to date with my results ~ Good luck to us all
Here's a tip for curbing that after workout hunger. Drink two classes of low fat chocolate milk. You get carbs AND protein to replenish your body. It also cuts down on the feeling of needing food if you wait fifteen minutes.

Then try an apple if you're still hungry.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 04:28 AM   #84
MinTako
Registered User
 
MinTako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
Thank you I'll definitely make sure to try that out next time ~ That actually really helps since I probably would have cut chocolate milk out just cause people usually put you in a mind set that chocolate milk is really unhealthy.

I'm going to give day 3 a try, but I'm not sure how much I will get out of it. I woke up this morning hardly able to walk because my body is SO sore! I'm like dragging myself against the wall just to get around xD At least now I'm sure that I was pushing myself as hard as I could yesterday, I take this as a good sign. So I'll be watching out and taking it easy today but I will still try to see if I cant get a bit in :3
MinTako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 07:01 AM   #85
ploxerdon
Registered User
 
ploxerdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 70
Tried the fit test out yesterday...
I believe i have never ever sweat so much...
Seriously, if it wasn't for cosplay i would have stopped after 5 minutes.
But my goal, looking good for my cosplay, pushed me through.

Today, i tried the Plyometric Cardio Circuit... i couldn't make it.
I had so much pain in my feet halfway through that i couldn't even stand.
Anybody knows what the cause could be?
Or should i just continue?

Also, my weight is 77 kilo, which equals to around 170 pounds.
I am 15 years old.. is this a healthy weight?
I am 1m70, so i don't know...
I guess insanity will fix it if i am overweight or anything

Last edited by ploxerdon : 05-26-2013 at 07:07 AM.
ploxerdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:54 AM   #86
Drazhar
Registered User
 
Drazhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by ploxerdon View Post
Tried the fit test out yesterday...
I believe i have never ever sweat so much...
Seriously, if it wasn't for cosplay i would have stopped after 5 minutes.
But my goal, looking good for my cosplay, pushed me through.

Today, i tried the Plyometric Cardio Circuit... i couldn't make it.
I had so much pain in my feet halfway through that i couldn't even stand.
Anybody knows what the cause could be?
Or should i just continue?

Also, my weight is 77 kilo, which equals to around 170 pounds.
I am 15 years old.. is this a healthy weight?
I am 1m70, so i don't know...
I guess insanity will fix it if i am overweight or anything
What kind of shoes are you wearing? What surface are you doing it on, and are you sure your form is right? Remember, form OVER speed. 10 reps in proper form is better than 30 reps in poor form.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:03 PM   #87
ploxerdon
Registered User
 
ploxerdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drazhar View Post
What kind of shoes are you wearing? What surface are you doing it on, and are you sure your form is right? Remember, form OVER speed. 10 reps in proper form is better than 30 reps in poor form.
I am doing it in my room, so i am not really wearing shoes.
The surface is just my floor.
I am doing the form right, i am sure of that.
ploxerdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #88
MinTako
Registered User
 
MinTako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 19
I practice in my room as well, although I use a mat for when there are a lot of jumping and hard running to soften my landing since I have a hard wooden floor. So it may be that? Although I figured it would effect your knees more than your feet.
MinTako is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #89
Drazhar
Registered User
 
Drazhar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 372
Always wear shoes, ALWAYS. Very important.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaqM9FzpB_I

Also get a mat, definitely.
Drazhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #90
ploxerdon
Registered User
 
ploxerdon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 70
Yeah the floor is kinda hard, so i guess thats the cause of my problems.
Next time i will put something on the floor or something like that if i try this one again.
ploxerdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Copyright 2002-2013 Cosplay.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
All comments and posts in our forums are the opinion of the respective poster.