Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Cosplay Suggestions

Unread 05-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #1
beccalouise

What cosplay would suit me most?

Hey!

So I'm totally new to cosplaying but I've always wanted to do it. So with the Manchester Comic Con coming up, me and my friend decided we'd do a cosplay as this was our chance and we have time to prepare. I think she's set on going as Vocaloid's Luka and I said I'd cosplay Miku with her. But I'm really unsure I'd suit the bright blue/turquoise/green whatever wig!
I love Vocaloid and would love to cosplay someone from the Vocaloids but I'm not sure who else apart from Miku. Also, if I were to cosplay Miku, I wouldn't wear her usual outfit as I couldn't afford both the wig and outfit (the actual full cosplay is very expensive!) so I'd probably fix one up myself such as a black dress similar to the Magnet cosplay.

I also love K-On, having no favourite character but I think I'd feel better cosplaying as Mio (I love the 'don't say lazy' cosplay for her, also her hair is long and dark which is similar to mine but I'd feel better wearing a wig similar to her hair)

Here are the characters I'd like to cosplay if no one knows what they look like;
Miku; Cosplay Character
Mio; Cosplay Character

And here are some pictures of me to give you a better idea of who I'd suit! :3
http://s1142.photobucket.com/user/Pe...?sort=3&page=1

(They're not great pictures but they're the only recent ones I have of me, I don't have any of me stood up so you can't really get an idea of what outfit would suit me according to my body shape and size but all I can say is; I'm not exactly thin but I'm not exactly big, I can fit into size 8 & 10 dresses (UK Size) if that's a better idea?)

Any comments/suggestions welcome, but please be honest!
beccalouise is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Richi-Style

i would say Mio cus she has black hair XD
Richi-Style is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
SkywardSong

I'd also suggest Mio! ^ w ^
SkywardSong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #4
beccalouise

Thanks guys! ^^ I may look into cosplaying her, then :3
Unread 05-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #5
Naiagu
That one cosplayer

I think you'd look good as either! If you don't think Miku's original outfit would suit you, lots of people play with the concept. Here is a couple of examples Example 1 Example 2 Example 3

If it's an outfit issue Miku has a variety of them in the games Some Miku outfits

You can also play around with Mio's outfits as well! If you like her I think you should try it out!
Ruby New Years.........Progress 0%
Secret Cosplay...........Progress 0%
Arya Stark.................Progress 0%

Conventions for 2014:
Kraken Winter, NorCal Winter Gathering

Contact me: Tumblr, DA, FB Fan Page, Skype: Naiagu
Naiagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:32 PM   #6
Aeternus

Honestly, I think you could pull off either very well. You're probably thinking the blue wig wouldn't suit you because you're so accustomed to seeing yourself with black hair. Every time I put on a different colour wig, my initial reaction is "WTF I look terrible with this colour." But then I get used to it and it's not so bad.

Still, you don't have to go with bright blue for Miku - you could opt for a slightly darker shade and you'd still be very recognizable, or as Naiagu suggested, go for a different version of Miku (she's been rendered into a variety of different colour schemes).

But if you prefer Mio, you'd look great as her, too!
Aeternus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #7
beccalouise

Thanks! Another favourite character of mine is Nyu/Lucy from Elfen Lied, the first anime I ever watched and have wanted to cosplay as her ever since. But i really don't think I have the figure for it. Would I get away with this cosplay?

She looks extremely good but I imagine the outfit to be expensive. Any tips also on where I could get the stuff to make up the outfit itself?