Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Soul Eater

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 104 votes, 4.95 average.
Unread 10-26-2012, 04:43 PM   #2041
Hyura
Wallflower

Oh my gosh, my boyfriend and I have done so much with Soul Eater it's crazy ! We even named our cosplay group after it. We've mostly done Death the Kid and Crona, but he has also done Spirit. We made a whole Soul Eater set which we entered into a contest that included the Sun, Moon, Excalibur, and lots more. If you're curious you can see some pictures here: Death City set. We've also hosted a few events and parties with Soul Eater themes ! It's lots of fun.

Although our Soul Eater project is temporarily on hold, we still have a lot to do. We need to do photoshoots with all the outfit variations we have, and I also need better pictures of my Ragnarok sword.

In the future, I would also like to try cosplaying Soul.

••• | Next Event :: NDK NYE 2012 "Unmasked" event by D.C.C !

L O V E ♥ to cosplay themed parties, make food & prop, & bring favorite series to life !
Hyura is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 12-26-2012, 01:41 PM   #2042
creativecrater
browncoat trekkie

Been a while since I posted, but I did actually get around to making that Eruka Frog cosplay I said I would! Granted, I need to shorten the dress a bit and add the briefcase prop and possibly tadpole jackson, BUT i'm overall pretty satisfied. ^^
Please PM if you have pics or vids of us!

"Get Ready. This is the I.C.U. The Intensive Cosplay Unit. Dirty bit."
creativecrater is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #2043
SeekerLuna
Chibi Attack

whoa this place is kinda dead O.O

but um... my friends have been telling me for a while I should cosplay Maka but I am not sure where to start and I have the con in like... a month
Unread 05-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #2044
animazn

Darn Soul Eater still lives in cons though. So many Steins and Spirits xD But, BLACK STAR IS THE BEST XD

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 04:32 PM   #2045
MehiraDeOro

Quote:
Originally Posted by animazn View Post
Darn Soul Eater still lives in cons though. So many Steins and Spirits xD But, BLACK STAR IS THE BEST XD
Agreed! Definitely still popular at cons, otherwise I wouldn't be fixing my Blair cosplay <3
MehiraDeOro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #2046
animazn

^Awesome possum Love the hat!

Cosplay Page
Cosplays 2014:
Kirito-Gun Gale Online 30%
Akihito(dance version)-KNK 90%
Akihito(school version)-KNK 0%
Veigar-League of Legends 0%
Zabuza-Naruto 0%
Hikaru Hitachiin-OHHC 80%
Haru(Fem version)-Free! 10%
Ping-Mulan 30%
Sandwich-kun-SAO 10%
animazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #2047
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

I'm thinking of doing a Soul cosplay. Weird reasoning too..Get this..
So, one sday I had a friend over. Me and him were explaining Soul Eater to m dad as he got confused hearing about it and not knowing WTH we were talking about lol So, we decide to show him some clips on youtube of the best parts (in our opinion) and I was talking about the part at the VERY beggining when they finally "defeat" Blair..You know, where Soul tells make (with his arm around Blair) that they are a team and basically he was tricking Blair? Well when he sorta..Loud talks? or slightly yells anyway, "Maka!" with an outstretched arm, I said it JUST like he did, and I actually said it in HIS VOICE!! Which made my go "WOA!! I sound like Soul sometimes" lol So from then on, I wanted to cosplay him lol
-Either Hikari (Pokemon Platinum) or Roxanne (Pokemon Omega Ruby)
-Squall Leonhart (Dissidia: Final Fantasy)
-Akaito (Vocaloid. Re/Black ver)
Jei-Cos is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2013, 10:45 PM   #2048
Ace_Akita

I think this is the right place to ask questions about cosplays as Soul Eater characters. I'm planning to do a Tsubaki cosplay this November, but I'm having a really hard time deciding what color fabric to get for her dress. The Soul Eater wiki terms her dress as a pale yellow, but I've heard several of my friends say that it is off white, antique white, crème, and beige. I've seen cosplayers use white, off white, and beiges.

Reference picture I used to decide it was beige: http://www.giantbomb.com/tsubaki-nakatsukasa/3005-8111/

Personally I think it is a pale beige, Example of fabric I'm looking at: http://www.fashionfabricsclub.com/p/...e-Beige-Poplin

Does anyone have any ideas on what color it is? Maybe an artist palette? I'm a bit nitpicky when it comes to making a cosplay. Maybe this was mentioned previously in the thread, but I've read back the last 20 pages and haven't come across much.

I also realize that this thread is a bit dead, but hopefully I'll get some answer.

2013 Youmacon:

Friday- Saber F/Zero
Saturday- Tsubaki Soul Eater
Ace_Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #2049
Esmenet
Time to change, Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Akita View Post

Does anyone have any ideas on what color it is? Maybe an artist palette? I'm a bit nitpicky when it comes to making a cosplay. Maybe this was mentioned previously in the thread, but I've read back the last 20 pages and haven't come across much.
Honestly, I think the color you selected looks perfect. I was having a similar problem with my Stein cosplay because so many people have chosen different shades of grey/brown for his shirt. I finally picked what I thought looked best and went with that.

Also, I will be dressed as Fem!Stein and my fiance will be Death at Youmacon 13!! Hopefully we will run into you!

Work in Progress:
Rei (genderbend)-Free! [90%]
Momoi Satsuki-KnB [100%]
Nora Valkyrie-RWBY [60%]

Upcoming Cons:
Anime North
Colossalcon
Anime Expo
Gen Con
Dragon*Con
Youmacon

Last edited by Esmenet : 09-05-2013 at 10:25 AM. Reason: the answer to my question was in the signature
Esmenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #2050
Ace_Akita

Thanks for the reply!

Thanks for your help! I was worried I wouldn't hear from anyone on here before the con.

I have bought both the pale beige and also this color called Kona bone: http://www.fatquartershop.com/store/...d=50176&T=1%20

I'll sew up both and pick the one that looks best. I also realized that her dress wasn't just one pattern, so I ended up picking up three, each had something that I needed to make her dress and then with a plain white fabric, I did a mock up until I got the right look, as of right now, its still a work in progress.

And it would be awesome to see you there! My avatar is actually a comic book sketch of me, so if you remember the avatar you'll be able to recognize me!

2013 Youmacon:

Friday- Saber F/Zero
Saturday- Tsubaki Soul Eater
Ace_Akita is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:46 PM   #2051
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Woa....Totally realized something today........My hair is the EXACT length for Spirit....I would need to bleach then dye it, but that's nothing for me..I've done that so many times during my school life back in the day that I know exactly what to use to get what I want. And his outfit couldn't be easier lol
Unread 09-26-2013, 06:45 PM   #2052
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Just finished my Spirit cosplay:
http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3437814/
That was easy lol I used a grey shirt I already owned, a black blazer from goodwill, pants I already owned, dress shoes I already owned (not pictured, I'm lazy), and a tie I bought at good will and made the cross piece for..I don't think a cosplay has ever been easier to do..lolI'm also bleaching my hair then dying it red because it's the right length (since it'll cost a lot less then a wig, which I can't afford)..

Any feedback?
Unread 11-15-2013, 06:17 PM   #2053
lmno

Soul Eater is my favorite. I've been into it for a year or two, but recently I decided to finish up the manga cause I'd never gotten around to that and holy lord was it good ^-^
I'm gonna cosplay as Crona this year for sure, but there are so many of the characters I wanna be at some point (Black Star, Medusa, Tezca). I also wanna couple-cosplay from it eventually!
Crona Gorgon - Soul Eater - 80% DONE
Ymir - Shingeki No Kyojin - 50% DONE
Sheik - Legend of Zelda -10% DONE
Black*Star - Soul Eater - 10% DONE
CONS PLANNED: Anime Expo 2014
lmno is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-02-2013, 02:49 AM   #2054
Jei-Cos
Jei-Cos

Once i figure out Blair's damn hat, I will be cosplaying her. I have GREATLY improved on my sewing skills and now have the skill to do the clothing and boots, it's just that hat that I can't seems to figure out..The top zigzag and curl thing are what's getting me..Hopefully I can find a good way soon. I was thinking either insulation foam covered in fabric, or cardboard filled with spray foam covered in fabric..Hmm..
Unread 07-28-2014, 06:49 PM   #2055
BuonoTomato!
Mituna, King of Pigeons

Smile Madness! Justin Cosplay

Hello everyone~!

I will be cosplaying Justin Law as he is in the Soul Eater manga sometime in the near future. The outfit that he wears is very similar to his anime outfit, except the Death theme is replaced with that of the Kishin.

I know what to do for the outfit, essentially, all I need is help with a wig. I can't find any that match his character. If anyone has any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.
Character CD England: Hetalia
~Cosplays in Progress: Some are on hiatus for time being due to money & the back-to-school hassle~
Russia: Hetalia (80%)
Romano: Hetalia (20%)
Envy: Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (10%)
Erisolsprite: Homestuck (50%)
QT: Space Dandy (20%)

Last edited by BuonoTomato! : 08-04-2014 at 05:27 PM.
BuonoTomato! is offline   Reply With Quote