Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Bleach

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 4.79 average.
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:29 PM   #61
Onimushasasuke
Evil Ukrainian

Wow this is helpful. I Have the sword shape cut out already! ^^ Sadly the only wood I had was one that was 1.6c, thick....So im going to have to sand through a lot of wood..Im gonna draw and cut out the hilt guard tomorrow! Yay for me! SO after that is all done i just need to sand it down a lot and get some proper spray paint. What sucks though is that the wood I'm using has a little hole in it right at the tip of the blade.. Looks like Im gonna need to use some wood filler. The one I am making my own personal Zanpakuto, not a replica from the characters, I want to put symbols on it (the blade) But I dont know if I should carve them in or draw them on. Whats your opinion
Onimushasasuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-22-2008, 01:20 PM   #62
NarutoFanGurl
The Goddess of Flash

this should be interesting, have you made Ikkaku Madarame's zanpakuto yet?

Convention List:
-MatsuriCon 2008 in Worthington, OH - COMPLETED
-MatsuriCon 2009 in Worthington, OH - COMPLETED
-Ohayocon 2010 in Columbus, OH - COMPLETED
-ColossalCon 2010 in Sandusky, OH - COMPLETED
-MatsuriCon 2010 in Worthington, OH - COMPLETED
-OhayoCon 2011 in Columbus, OH - COMPLETED
-MatsuriCon 2011 in Columbua, OH
NarutoFanGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-27-2009, 05:20 PM   #63
nawstra578

say i got a question on average how much might the materials for one these swords cost? i wanan make aizens zanpakto for my bleach cosplay
nawstra578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #64
Lord Xanth

Hey choi Bleach is 1 of my favorite things I was wondering if you could make me a Ulquiorra Zanpakuto? Like the 1 in ur gallery on deviantart and if so how much would it cost me? Your work is the best i've seen with bleach wooden cosplay swords and it's truly admirable and I would be truly honored if you could sell me 1 if so reply to my post and can you please tell me your email so we can talk about further details well anyway keep doing your great work and please reply .

Oh last thing lol yeah i'm interested in either a byakuya ulquiorra or grimmjow sword/zanpakuto.

please tell me how long it would take to make for each 1 [note i only want 1 of em lol] and the cost well ty and please reply truly hope you can make and sell me 1 I would treasure it forever .
Lord Xanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 03:46 AM   #65
Dire Weasel

Hey, I like your tutorials. I am thinking of dressing up as Shūsuke Amagai from one of the Anime fillers. Since you seem to be talented in prop making, you could give some help.

I had a friend try to make the tuning fork that he has, but had no luck, as it broke when he bumped it. He stated it was too fragile. Would your sword making tutorial be a good tutorial for me to use in the creation of the tuning fork? (I am trying to make the prop this time)
Dire Weasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2010, 03:51 PM   #66
em0we3

wow.. very detailed & helpful. keep up the good work & thanks!
em0we3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2010, 09:52 PM   #67
Kiarika Kakama

Originally Posted by treble
Hi guys. I saw this thread. AWESOME SWORDS!!!!XD

I just have a couple of questions:

1.Chiok, I know that you said the the thickness of the wood is 0.5cm or 5mm. Is that the only thickness you use or do you use different thicknesses for like the hilt and stuff?

I dont use ANY other thickness

2.In part one of your tutorial: How is each individual materials? Total? Also (I know this is stupid asking this) is that metal ruler in inches?

The measurements I use is inches however I used Centimetres for the guard

3. In part two of your: What are the measurements when you drew the blade and hilt? How much of a curve did you use for the blade?

the curve bends 9cm which is the width of the wood. The blade is 30 inches and the handle is 10 inches

4.In part three: What angle and deepness did you file the blade? (Another stupid question) Did you stop at a point on the blade or did you file the whole blade? On #14, what's the size of that little thing around the base of the blade? When you made the hilt, what measurements where the two pieces?

Hmm... Lets just say you keep sharpening until its a hair strand thick even on both sides. I stop filing at point 14. On point 14 its 2cm long and over 3 cm wide. The hilt 10 inches by 3cm

5.In part four: Whats the size of that thing on the end of the handle? What measurements did you use when you did the ribbon pattern around the handle?

The thing on the handle is the hilt which is 3cm by 2.5cm. The ribbon is about a cm in width

6.In part five: Basically what measurements did you use for the overall section here?

Its the same measurements 30 inches blade 10 inches handle 3 cm wide

7.In the how to make a Tensa Zangetsu: Same question I asked about part five.

50 inches of blade 15 inches of handle 3.5cm wide

Sorry if I asked too many questions, Im just a perfectionist. Im currently working on my own project at the moment (see Making armor out of unconventional materials (hope it works) thread), but I wanna do something like this on the side for fun. Hope to here from ya.

[b]I have never been asked so many questions before XD

I'm sorry, i am new to this forum and don't really understand how to quote a quote ( if that's even possible) so i just coppied it. I am a sword expert ( real swords ) and i just wanted to correct what you said about the handle. FIRST: a handle and hilt are actually the same thing and they refer to the guard ( cross piece tamahagane) , the grip which is the place were you grab and the pommel. SECOND: the pommel is the bottom part usually mad of metal that is seen on the bottom of katanas and shinai but not bokken. Sorry this post is so long =p but just thought you'd like to know.
Kiarika Kakama is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 07:43 AM   #68
Blood_Sword
Fabulous Boyfriend

Thank you so much for making this tutorial, your swords are awesome! I want that Byakuya sword. xD lol

*~In progress~*
Masamune Date - Sengoku Basara
Team Aqua Grunt (male) - Pokémon Ruby/Sapphire Version

*~Next con I'm attending~*
FIN Tracon (13-14th September 2014)
SAT Hajime Saitō - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
SUN Ryūnosuke Ibuki - Hakuōki: Shinsengumi Kitan
Blood_Sword is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #69
Red Comet
elite mobile suit pilot

I saw some people asking about sheaths... the way I made the sheath for my prop sword was by taking some wire mesh (made of fairly thick, strong wires), folding it over once, cutting it out into the shape of a sheath, then covering it up with some duct tape. There's probably a better way out there, but that's what I came up with.
Oh, and by the way... if the duct tape is not the color you want, don't try to paint it. Paint will just flake off of duct tape. If you cover it with some other sort of material first (perhaps masking tape?), then the paint might stay on.

It is a wise man who accepts the limits of his wisdom.
-personal saying
Red Comet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2011, 01:48 PM   #70
Aearon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiarika Kakama View Post
I'm sorry, i am new to this forum and don't really understand how to quote a quote ( if that's even possible) so i just coppied it. I am a sword expert ( real swords ) and i just wanted to correct what you said about the handle. FIRST: a handle and hilt are actually the same thing and they refer to the guard ( cross piece tamahagane) , the grip which is the place were you grab and the pommel. SECOND: the pommel is the bottom part usually mad of metal that is seen on the bottom of katanas and shinai but not bokken. Sorry this post is so long =p but just thought you'd like to know.
Actually... With Japanese swords, there are specific names for each part of the sword. While they may have western equivalents to refer to a combination of several pieces, if you want to be absolutely correct, each has its own name.
Tsuka - Hilt (Handle)
Fuchi - Collar
Kashira - Pommel
Tsuba - Guard
Saya - Sheath
Aearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #71
marski25

I was wanting to know can u make the dragonclaw katana and tanto with sheath and if so how much will it cost and how do I buy it from u
marski25 is offline   Reply With Quote