Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Anime/Manga > Trinity Blood

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 144 votes, 4.99 average.
Unread 03-20-2013, 01:30 PM   #7276
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I've been starting to cut out some of my Caterina cosplay and hope I can share some progress soon, but I have a question I wanted to ask others that have cosplayed her (or anyone that might have suggestions). I'm a bit stumped on exactly how to make her cape. The back is no problem, but how it drapes over her shoulders to the front is confusing me on how I should pattern it out. Any suggestions?
Mehdia is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 03-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #7277
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

I got some work done on my corset for Caterina and thought I would share. I have been referencing pretty much every picture there is of her, and decided to wing the design and to do it as applique. I will probably add some beading and other detailing later. I still need to do the boning channels, bias edging, ruffles, grommets, and lacing and then it will be done. I'm hoping I can progress quickly.
Unread 05-09-2013, 03:42 PM   #7278
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

So I get to cosplay my second favorite Trinity Blood character, Virgil Walsh, for otakon this year!

My friend can attest that I am pretty much the president of the one-woman Virgil Walsh fan club, so this makes really excited,
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #7279
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quinn, I am really looking forward to seeing your Virgil. Love the character and he is so under cosplayed.

Question for the Lilith cosplayers. I'm currently on the hunt for her wig. At a loss in the UK and was wondering where did you get your wigs from? I'm after a more cherry red rather than a bright red as I prefer the colour. Any help would be great. Thank you.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #7280
Quinn The Spazz
Positively ineffable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephirayne View Post
Quinn, I am really looking forward to seeing your Virgil. Love the character and he is so under cosplayed.
well Tadaa!
Samon Kusaribe-Zetsuen no Tempest, Toshio Ozaki-Shiki, Henry Branwell-The Infernal Devices books, Professor Ozpin-RWBY, Yoite-Nabari no Ou, Aziraphale-Good Omens, Woolsey Scott-The Infernal Devices books, Kaito Jeanne-Kamikaze Kaito Jeanne, Friagne-Shakugan no Shana, Monk-Ghost Hunt, Magnus Bane-The Mortal Instruments books (various book outfits,)

Last edited by Quinn The Spazz : 08-01-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Quinn The Spazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 04:12 PM   #7281
benihime
Kimono Queen

hey guys... I'm starting to plan my Esther (finally) for Katsucon and I kinda want to do embroidery (hand) for the patterns on Nun esther's outfit.

would that be too ornate? I haven't been able to do a test yet because I have another outfit i'm working on,
but what do you guys think?

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

benihime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2013, 04:28 PM   #7282
Mehdia
The Corset Queen

Too ornate for Trinity Blood?! There's no such thing! But I seriously think embroidery on the costume would be gorgeous. And it would make you stand out some over other Esther cosplayers.
Unread 07-30-2013, 04:44 PM   #7283
myalchod
reflections and dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
Too ornate for Trinity Blood?! There's no such thing!
Pretty much this, this, THIS. XD It'd be seriously awesome.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 02:31 AM   #7284
benihime
Kimono Queen

lmfao!
VERY TRUE
I know pretty much every nun esther i've seen has painted it so it'll be different I also want to try to add some beading as well

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Unread 08-01-2013, 05:02 PM   #7285
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

I have a quick question for anyone that knows about good Sateen. I plan to make Schehera's cheongsam based dress and currently debating about what to use for the best quality. I was thinking Shantung Sateen, or stretch sateen but do you think I should use something else or are either okay?

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #7286
myalchod
reflections and dreams

It's a matter of personal preference, but I think shantung sateen would look a little strange on that dress as the dominant fabric -- to me, it says sleek and smooth and that means without the slubs present in a shantung. A good medium-weight stretch sateen seems like a good choice, though.
Elisabeth - red ballgown (Elisabeth - Takarazuka version)
Thessaly (Sandman - The Kindly Ones)
Elsewhere: Journal ~ ACP ~ CosplayLab
myalchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #7287
ashe2kawaii
A Wolf in Chic Clothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by myalchod View Post
It's a matter of personal preference, but I think shantung sateen would look a little strange on that dress as the dominant fabric -- to me, it says sleek and smooth and that means without the slubs present in a shantung. A good medium-weight stretch sateen seems like a good choice, though.
Ah i see what you mean, thank you for your help! I was a little stuck between which one to go for that would work best. Now i guess my quest for finding the colors in that fabric area will be my next quest.

@Beni, YAY for Esther!!! Can't wait to see how it will turn out. Which version will you be doing? Her Nun outfit or Queen Gown?

~Working On/Non Con Currently~
Clawdeen Wolf Ver.Unannounced (Monster High)~20%
Scheherazade Al-Rahman Ver.Cheongsam (Trinity Blood)~0%

~Youmacon 2014 Lineup~
Misuzu Kamio (Air) ~0%
Tifa Lockhart (FFVII)~30%
Pinky Pie (MLP:FIM)~80%
ashe2kawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-04-2013, 04:54 AM   #7288
benihime
Kimono Queen

ashe - i'm doing her nun outfit
I recently got all my fabric when joanns had their casa sale. I'm going to use casa crepe my favorite new fabric

WORKING ON
Haruka (idolm@ster 2)

NEXT CONVENTIONS
A-kon in Dallas, TX

WEBSITE
DEVIANTART FACEBOOK
TUMBLR

Unread 08-04-2013, 05:23 PM   #7289
kimu
merciful kirin, really ;p

The Virgil cosplay looks great! Such fun to see that character cosplayed.

Not a Caterina or Esther cosplayer, so no help on the cape design, but embroidery would look good.
And I'll agree with Myalchod on Schera that a smooth-textured look for that costume would be best, with maybe some contrast with textured fabric in smaller sections.

Hoping after I move to get more work done on Empire Abel over here....
kimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:02 AM   #7290
Sephirayne
Ranger from the North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn The Spazz View Post
well Tadaa!
Looking great. You make an awesome Virgil ^_^

@ Benihime, looking forward to seeing your Nun Esther.

My plans have changed some what since I last posted. I've become quite ill (again) and need surgery so a lot of my bigger plans like Lilith have had to be put on hold. I'm thinking of doing Lilith's Red Mars costume as I love the design so I still need to find a wig. Any help on that would be awesome. I'm also adding Sister Paula and Red Gown Astra to the list. I would love to finish my Abel costumes at some point but at the moment I'm not sure when.
Sephiroth(Dissidia FF and Classic) - Abel Nightroad(Empire, Early AX white jacket, AX Artbook and Gold Armour with BOOK O' DOOOMM) - Cain Nightroad(Trinity Blood Artbook) - Madam Red and Undertaker(Kuroshitsuji) - Lucius Malfoy (Harry Potter films) - Legolas(Lord of The Rings Films) -

Trinity Blood - when one Nightroad is never enough. Experience it for yourself today!
Sephirayne is offline   Reply With Quote