Go Back   Cosplay.com > Fashion > Steampunk

Unread 02-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #16
Ororo Monroe
Head Goddess In Charge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehdia View Post
It is a little harder to bend forward, so I learned that when I'm wearing one to bend at the knees instead of the waist.
This is what I have to do too.

Unread 03-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #17
Nephrae
Cookie Fiend

Don't think anyone mentioned it yet, but Damsel In This Dress makes wonderful corsets. They're super comfortable and reasonably priced, and she makes lots of different styles.
Fem!Spike - My Little Pony - 20%
Rena Ryugu - Higurashi - 100% (needs some fixing)
Steampunk OC - 100%
Nephrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2012, 12:09 PM   #18
Mikuxaz

I purchase my corsets through the costume shop I work at, but they get them from corset-story.com and corsets-uk.com. If you purchase directly from the website, you just need to know your measurements and read the description of the corset! They do sell plastic-boned corsets on these websites. You don't want those. Steel-boned is the way to go. And it also helps to know which style will look best on you. I have a long torso and large hips, so I need long corsets. I accidentally bought a very short underbust corset once, and it makes my hips and tummy look so ridiculous that I hardly ever wear it. >_<

Fem!Castiel (Supernatural) - 80%
The Doctor Donna (Doctor Who) - 100%
Escaped Prisoner!Poison Ivy (Batman) - 10%
SleepyTime Captain America - 100%
Casual!Twilight Sparkle (MLP) - 75%
Princess Bubblegum (Adventure Time) - 10%
Batgirl!Poison Ivy (Batman) - 25%
Donna Noble (Doctor Who) - 40%
Mikuxaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-06-2012, 12:20 PM   #19
Mae Bliss

I found this seller on Ebay, I thought it would be crappy quality given that they're only $50, but it's actually pretty legit. All steel, and definitely has some cinching power.

This is the one I got: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steel-Boned-...ht_4945wt_1037

I've also been eyeing this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Leat...ht_5190wt_1037
Mae Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-09-2012, 11:37 AM   #20
prettylush

I've had this lady off of Etsy make my corsets for me, and they're beautiful. The most expensive I believe is $125 and made to your specific measurements.
http://www.etsy.com/shop/loriann37
prettylush is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-24-2013, 11:10 AM   #21
lush1

I have gotten a few steampunk corsets here
lush1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 09:14 PM   #22
Boreotheria
n00b

I have two corsets. My overbust corset was custom made (it's half of my wedding dress). I had it on for sixteen hours and completely forgot I was wearing it. It's not white, either, so I could wear it for other things and it won't look wedding-y. As corsets go, it was expensive but worth it. (As wedding dresses go, it was less expensive than buying some off-the-rack thing from David's, and it was custom made for me by a local crafter... but I digress.)

My underbust corset came from Apollonie, which is a Canadian outfit. They show up at conventions around Ontario. I think I got this from them at the final Polaris. Despite it not being custom, it fits me well and they let me try a few things on so I could get a good fit. Again, it's crazy comfortable. The only times it's been uncomfortable were a) the time my husband laced it wrong and b) when I got in the car at the end of a con this year. Had to take it off for the ride home.

(The next con I go to, I'm suggesting a panel idea: Corset Lacing for Significant Others. Bring your corset and your sweetie/buddy/aide, and experienced corseters will teach them how to put it on you properly. Comfy for you, eye candy for them. Everybody wins!)