Go Back   Cosplay.com > Reviews > Commissioner Review

Unread 04-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #1
Chiloves1
Cosplay Dreamin

Unhappy doubleshop2008 is double trouble

Let’s say you get the chance to go as one of your favorite characters and the price for the actual cosplay to be made is right. — Specifically, a character you have long admired since you can remember. (I'm talking about a eBay cosplay company) whom claims and shows that they can do it and you receive it before your anime convention.

Well... this happened to me. It stated in February of this year, discussing with doubleshop2008 about making me my dream cosplay. I was riveted, but that soon changed to disastrous. And I was lucky to get a FULL refund back.

Pros:
- I contacted doubleshop2008 on February 1, 2013 and they contacted me February 2, 2013 saying they could do this for me. They sounded honest, and English was pretty good, they are located in Hong Kong.
- On February 3, 2013 I received a second email. They asked me again, about size. Since I wanted a custom size. Just like the 1st email, I told them that I wanted it in XL. I knew this would give me some room, even if it appeared to be 2 inches bigger around the waist, I like to have some waist room.
- They respond fast.
- Shipping wasn't as expensive.
- Asking price was acceptable.
- Communication was good.
- Promised to send progress photos.

The list goes on...

Now, came the trouble. Every day, I was curiously checking behind the laundry door. This is where my landlady left my mail. Every day was ticking by and I grew more and more nervous, I got the props I wanted and the accessories I made by hand, and I even got a pair of flat(black) shoes I liked at my local thrift store. — The trouble began as the convention(Sakura Con) in Seattle, Washington was coming up quickly, and I needed the cosplay. And I was getting concerned.

Unfortunately, due to other personal family issues and such, I was unable to really reach out and email them. (My bad) =_= The day that I had to leave was a on Friday, and not a Thursday. Due to my husband not getting that day off, so we ended up leaving on Friday morning, and the border was over 2-3 hours wait. — I was not bringing with my third SECRET cosplay. I was so upset and growing anxious to cross the border. We nearly missed over half of the first day of the convention.

I gave doubleshop2008 a extra week. I remember them saying progress photos which I received none.

I should mention throughout the stress and somewhat excitement I was informed that on the last week of February to early March, that I could be receiving it two weeks before the end of March. Which was exactly the date I wanted to receive it. In case there was a problem, I had a friend who could fix or alter it.

And the date. Also, I should mention, they gave me a tracking number. But due the rush around before Sakura Con, I tried that number on numerous times while being online, and to my surprise (and horror) the tracking number proved to be in-effective. I had no idea why, and I made no effort on my part to contact them and question this. I couldn't take the time or patience to do so.

So when I did get nothing even past the date, I decided to email. They wrote to me. They had informed me, on April 1, 2013, they had sent my cosplay to the wrong address. 0_O WUT? How is this possible? I gave them two emails with my mailing address. They offered two choices to me. I could either have them make me a new cosplay or refund ALL my money, including shipping. — Well, I decided to get ALL my money back, I did not appreciate them mailing it to someone else, and never could understand how they could mail off a cosplay that was supposed to be made for me to another buyer.

Cons:
- Not cool! mailing a cosplay I bought to be made shipped elsewhere.
- Never delivering it and arriving on the requested date.
- Slow with communication.

I did receive all my money and it's just sitting in my Paypal account for now. I guess there is somewhat a happy story. But, I unfortunately don't wish or want to get something made or custom made from doubleshop2008 every again. I will avoid all issues and remember to take all precautions next time with a pre-made cosplay.
Chiloves1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 04-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #2
lapseof__reason
mo money = mo cosplay

Ahhh, that really sucks! I think though there was probably some honest mistakes/miscommuncation going on as they refunded you everything without trouble. Hope you have better luck in the future.
ღ mami tomoe - pmmm
ღ genderbent!cecil palmer - wtnv
lapseof__reason is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #3
Rhapsados
Real Life Prince

It's good that you got your money back though - fortunately you chose an honest seller and not one of those REALLY horrible ones that would just ignore you. Sorry to hear that though, and in the future I'd definitely try out another commissioner haha
Unread 04-13-2013, 02:07 PM   #4
usagidollie

From the sounds of things, there were mistakes on both sides. The largest mistake from your side? Ordering a cosplay too close to the con. With this type of thing, as you ordered an XL to be sure of having plenty of alteration room you should also (if possible) order things plenty ahead of time to have pillow room in case something like this goes down.

The mistake from their side? clearly, mailing to the wrong address.

As previously stated: at least they were honest enough to fully refund you
usagidollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 09:47 PM   #5
meb9000

I once ordered from a partner seller of this ebayer, doublepshop2008. I ordered an Erza Scarlet costume that was made of a leathery type material for the armor-like appearance. The hook/clasp for the skirt broke off immediately, so I ended up having to order a skirt from a different vendor. The main chest/armor piece itself was good quality, though it was made a little too small for my body frame and thus the back zipper broke on the first day of con, forcing me to duct-tape it closed. Also, when I first received the arm/wrist bracers, they were made way too big and I had to get them remade by the seller. Communication was, just as with you, very open, honest, and reasonable. I enjoyed the costume in general, but it is concerning that errors like this have been happening with that particular ebay business.
meb9000 is offline   Reply With Quote