Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 05-13-2013, 02:47 PM   #31
Undertaker^^
Ghost Type Pokemon

Quote:
Remember that there are always other fish in the sea. Just because you caught a lamprey doesn't mean you have to keep it. You could throw it back and end up with a beautiful bass, you never know.
Best thing i have heard relating to plenty of fish in the sea.
------------------------------------------------------------
I agree with Kelley.
------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
The trick is to sear the steaks on either side so they retain their flavour.
Lol ^

Quote:
go shopping, make out with some random stranger, whatever makes you feel better.
Love how that ended up in the list of random things to do.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Glad i read all the comments or i would have not known what the situation was and not found the funnier things above.

All i can say is try your best to not let that stuff get to you and continue to live your life.

-Youmacon 2014-

-List of wanting to-do for Youmacon cosplay-

Mega Banette Gijinka
Mega Charizard X Gijinka
Enderman Gijinka
Eyeless Jack

Undertaker^^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #32
Akahime
Red Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidaea View Post
It's only bothering me because this is the first time something like this has happened to me. I mean, the absolute audacity of it is just... Wow. To each their own, I suppose, but I don't feel like what they did was appropriate at all. I don't care about him so much as I care that they did that.
I'll live though, I'm just completely shocked that anyone who's been in a relationship for nearly a year can go out the same day and hook up with that person's best friend.
Ugh. I dunno, i'm not one for drama, i'm just so infuriated right now that it's debilitating. I know I shouldn't let it bother me, but wow. I'll get over it though.
Absolutely and you have the right to feel that way. Good for you that you're over it now as I'm sure it was a big shock (and a lot of frustration). If it was me before, I would not know what to do. It's better not to create more drama for yourself and I think you picked the best choice for you. It'll get better soon, you'll see. :3

Next cons: Anime Detour, Fanime, Anime Central, Anime Expo, and Midoricon.
Cosplayer and photographer. Follow me at my DA, twitter, or my tumblr!
Akahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 05:48 PM   #33
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidaea View Post
So, I broke it off, but enter the drama..
It was the day of my 18th birthday, 3 days ago now, and as soon as we broke it off he goes out and "falls in love" with my best friend.. It's not jealousy, I can promise you that, it's anger, and it's knowing that she knew that him and I were an item that bothers me.. Especially since I walked in on them with each other's tongues down their throats on the night of my birthday, when I went to go do my usual thing with my best friend, stay up late and game.
This is absolutely absurd. Do I have a right to be infuriated? Because i'm absolutely livid. I know we broke up, but everything in this picture is just wrong.
Same thing happened to me, and frankly I was pissed too. I say dump the friend, she can't be that close to you if she did this.
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #34
belligerent
Viking Metal

Seems like you dodged a bullet. Congrats! I'd celebrate by doing all the fun stuff he didn't want you to do.

I would also reassess my friendship with the girl, since if you told her at all about your problems with him, and she was still perfectly happy to be the rebound, she's neither that great a friend nor particularly smart.
Dudes I am sometimes: Sweden, Sweden (mafia version), Metal!Sweden, Austria, Austria (Inappropriate For Children version), Lithuania, Lithuania (mafia version), Poland, Turkey (mafia version), England, Equius, biker!Equius, PT!Stud!Germany, Tony Stark, Netherlands, Reiner Braun, Rei Ryuugazaki
Dudes I will be eventually: Genjyo Sanzo, Wolverine, Turkey, Denmark
belligerent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #35
Kelley
Devil of Details

So glad I didn't date anything until I was out of high school, not gonna lie.

It's not surprising that young people do stupid things but it's up to you who you want to be around.

The guy didn't sound that great so I'm not surprised that he would do something like that. I'm not sure what to feel about the friend - if she knew that he's kind of a dumbass and still went for it that's kind of sad but, honestly, this kind of stuff is too complicated for me - in that it boils down to "young people especially make really poor choices sometimes because they lack life experience and reflection and fully developed brains" (in studies even prodigies of great intelligence suffered from the same judgemental gaps characteristic of that age-range and the stage of brain development).

Actually in the pipes:
- Remaking Ser Loras doublet.
- Luke Skywalker, A New Hope
- Wind Waker starter costume in swim material
Eventually: Paul from Dune, Faramir, Harry Sullivan
Kelley is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:25 AM   #36
Arc_The_Lad
of Daventry

Quote:
Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
Seems like you dodged a bullet. Congrats! I'd celebrate by doing all the fun stuff he didn't want you to do.

I would also reassess my friendship with the girl, since if you told her at all about your problems with him, and she was still perfectly happy to be the rebound, she's neither that great a friend nor particularly smart.
This.

also, thank you for being one of the few people to come on this site, ask for relationship advice and actually listen to us.

UNLIKE SOME OTHERS WHO KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

Ahem.
Arc_The_Lad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 08:50 AM   #37
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

It actually sounds like the only reason the OP's now ex is going for her best friend is to make her jealous. It's a classic dick move by controlling douchebags.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:02 AM   #38
Sybren117
Gipsy Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
also, thank you for being one of the few people to come on this site, ask for relationship advice and actually listen to us.
There is also plenty more barbecue advice available.

Ask me about my butterflied leg of lamb!
Sybren117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 09:14 AM   #39
EresGyaru420

I was in a relationship for 4yrs, and he hated my otaku self. I'm 32yrs old, so part of his argument was that I'm too old to be watching 'cartoons', reading 'comic books', and playing video games. Leaving that relationship was the best thing I did---- Don't let anyone try to change you or make you feel bad about your true self, ever.

I hope it all works out for you
EresGyaru420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 02:16 PM   #40
BlondieSundae
Skanking Pickle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arc_The_Lad View Post
This.

UNLIKE SOME OTHERS WHO KNOW WHO THEY ARE.

Ahem.
*snicker snicker*
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten posts,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a bitching,
As of some one gently pitching, bitching at my chamber door.
`'Tis JasonTerror,' I muttered, `bitching at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'
BlondieSundae is offline   Reply With Quote