Go Back   Cosplay.com > Off-Topic Chat > General Off-Topic Forum

Unread 05-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #16
blufox4900

Well it's not something I can't handle, this family's been through a lot so we always handle stuff like this with a level head. I have been distracting myself a lot with fitness, though. Going all out on dieting, weight training, and even meditation to make the best version of me. Also planning for cons helps me get stuff off my mind (mostly planning for Metrocon in Tampa).
blufox4900 is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #17
TheAnarCHris
Overrated

Expensive, but ultimately dope. Little to no complaints so far.

"I think that a huge problem is people who read comics and don't understand the point of superheroes, which is to be the best version of yourself. You love Captain America? Well, you know what Captain America would never do? Go online anonymously and shit on a girl for having an opinion." -Brian Michael Bendis
TheAnarCHris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #18
Ilafatyu
That guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanako Maeda View Post
Awww. I'm sorry to hear that you went through such a crisis. Do you have a planned regiment for eating healthily? Forgive my nosiness and feel free not to answer if too intrusive, but was it a mental issue or did you contract something through hereditary conditions? Again I'm sorry if that comes off as too nosy. Though my ailment is different, I know,all too well, it's life impeding detriments. It's definitely good to see that you( and others) are definitely on the road to success though! ! I'm in the same kind of lonely boat as you are. Friends have grown up and moved on while I'm still muddling around. You'll find someone though ^_^
Ah, it's not intrusive. I've had chronic Lyme for a while and went through a bout in 2010 that I never really recovered from. I wasn't feeling well enough to eat, so I turned into a sad sack. My planned regiment is a phone alarm that goes off every three hours and won't shut up until I eat something. Fancy stuff. xD

Here's hoping we both find some people, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnarCHris View Post
Expensive, but ultimately dope. Little to no complaints so far.
Rock on.

facebook // tumblr
Want to help create a US anime convention map?
PM me your local conventions to add to the map

COSPLAYS IN PROGRESS
Lie Ren (RWBY) - 3%
Connie (SnK) - 1%
Ilafatyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 09:58 PM   #19
sam vimes
A real live wire

Looking up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hag View Post
SV is the most awesome man I know that I'm not married to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fullbleed View Post
If this weren't tje internet id hug all of you guys right now.
Especishillly you sam.
Like a woodpecker with a headache...
sam vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #20
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

A lot of impatient, dragged-out waiting. Mainly for applying to college again. I FINALLY got my acceptance notice, but now it's a long drawn-out wait for househunting in Toronto, getting my tuition paid for, loans/grants/bursaries....
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:11 AM   #21
Dalibar
Obey Your Master

Horrible. I keep praying for miracles and trying to stay positive, however hard when a "Series of Unfortunate Events" seems to be life's theme.
Unread 05-09-2013, 01:47 AM   #22
Admin
Administrator
Not Jackie Chan

About the same as 1995.
Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-11-2013, 06:43 PM   #23
Captain Kaiba
What's up, Proto-butt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalibar View Post
Horrible. I keep praying for miracles and trying to stay positive, however hard when a "Series of Unfortunate Events" seems to be life's theme.
Aw, I hope things start looking up for you.

It's going all right for me. I started an internship at a medical care place doing office work and I like the tasks I'm assigned to do.
Captain Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #24
Exdeath
Entropic Adversary

Things have been going a little too fast as of late...
1 week seems like 1 day to me,and yeah,there's not much going on around here either. >_<

Unread 05-12-2013, 07:05 PM   #25
Kanako Maeda
Kanako - Icon of Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinobiXikyu View Post
A lot of impatient, dragged-out waiting. Mainly for applying to college again. I FINALLY got my acceptance notice, but now it's a long drawn-out wait for househunting in Toronto, getting my tuition paid for, loans/grants/bursaries....
Congratulations on getting in! What are you going to be majoring?
I hope everything goes well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalibar View Post
I'm in a similar situation. Fortunately nothing too serious. I really do hope things turn around for you though. 2013 seems to be a rougher year than it was last year. Almost as soon as it started, it went down hill and I've been just rolling through it. Hang in there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeath View Post
Things have been going a little too fast as of late...
1 week seems like 1 day to me,and yeah,there's not much going on around here either. >_<
I know how that goes. I do independent audio contracting. With some projects missing a days worth of work is like missing a week. It helps keep my brain off of itsself but at the same time, I can't breathe sometimes. Hang tough.

STILL a Noob crossplayer.
Kanako Maeda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2013, 07:15 PM   #26
dx7879
King of the Pirates!

If I weigh the good and bad things this year so far, I think my year has kind of sucked :/ Maybe it'll get better, but it's really just whatever

Youtube Page

Cosplays
Monkey D. Luffy (Film Z Battle Costume) - One Piece (2013)
Grumpy - The Dark Knight (2013)
Monkey D. Luffy (Alabasta) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (2 Years Later) - One Piece (2012)
Monkey D. Luffy (Strong World) - One Piece (2011)
dx7879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 12:10 AM   #27
ShinobiXikyu
Embroidery Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanako Maeda View Post
Congratulations on getting in! What are you going to be majoring?
I hope everything goes well.
Thanks! I'm taking Fashion Arts for a 3-year advanced diploma.
There is a vibe here that says "We're in this together! Through thick and thin fabric! Through cold water washes and burning hot irons! Though we might super glue ourselves to our projects, cut holes/gashes/oh-god-mom's-gonna-kill-me into the dining room table, we will stand strong together. Unless there is a 75% off sale at the Fabric store. Then you're on your own. And get the hell out of my way." <3
Help me get rid of my parasprite swarm! --> http://tinyurl.com/brcp53c
ShinobiXikyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:00 AM   #28
cowsrcute

Terrible so far but I think it will pass soon hopefully. No time for school so my classes are going down to the b-. Hope to get it up for finals. Then that will be out of the way Monday. Still working 3 jobs but by June I will be done with tutoring people. =D I will be going to Fanime too! Unfortunately that is stressful how soon it is and my brother hits me and trashed my cosplay along with an outfit I was fixing for someone, becuase I wouldn't clean up after his gf. <.< Atleast I have old cosplay. =D To bad I will still be living with him this semester. Boyfriend left to go to school in Canada again so won't be seeing him for a while. He will be done with school after this summer though and take me away from my brother. Yay! So far so bad but future looking bright. =DDD Makes me a lot happier typing it out.
cowsrcute is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:29 AM   #29
Lambix

Better than 2012.

Positive: I have my band with three people who wholeheartedly back my songs and give me creative reign.

Negatives: My first real world job is unveiling itself to be a much-less-than ideal workplace and the two roommates I live with are probably the fakest people I have ever met. Oh, and that being single thing is hard..
Lambix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:06 AM   #30
Kanako Maeda
Kanako - Icon of Revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowsrcute View Post
Terrible so far but I think it will pass soon hopefully. No time for school so my classes are going down to the b-. Hope to get it up for finals. Then that will be out of the way Monday. Still working 3 jobs but by June I will be done with tutoring people. =D I will be going to Fanime too! Unfortunately that is stressful how soon it is and my brother hits me and trashed my cosplay along with an outfit I was fixing for someone, becuase I wouldn't clean up after his gf. <.< Atleast I have old cosplay. =D To bad I will still be living with him this semester. Boyfriend left to go to school in Canada again so won't be seeing him for a while. He will be done with school after this summer though and take me away from my brother. Yay! So far so bad but future looking bright. =DDD Makes me a lot happier typing it out.
I went to Fanime. I was dressed up as Sexy no Jutsu Kakashi haha. The hooker-looking one whose damn calf wraps wouldn't stay on XD
I'm sorry your brother is so abusive to you.... It's amazing you work 3 jobs though AND go to school. Industrious to say the the very least. What's the BF majoring in?

STILL a Noob crossplayer.
Kanako Maeda is offline   Reply With Quote