Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Construction > Makeup and Eye Contacts

Unread 05-14-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Akune-chan

Fogginess after wearing contacts for a few moments?

Hey everyone! :]

I have a quick question.
I have purchased some lenses from Pinkyparadise, and Youknowit.com about a year ago and I haven't worn these lenses frequently to the point I wore them out. However I realized a sudden change a few months ago.

Note: I take extremely good care of my lenses, washing out the lens cases and cleaning the lenses with eye lens solution ever other week.

Sometimes when I put in my lenses, my eyes begin to burn and water up like crazy. I would remove them immediately afterwards and my eyes would continue to burn and my nose starts running as if I am allergic to them. Also a foggy like film seems to be over my eyes for a while and they hurt when I blink.

I doubt that its an eye infection since I went to the eye doctor recently as he said that my eyes are fine.

Could this reaction (foggy peripheral vision, runny nose and burning eyes) be caused by the fact that the lenses are nearing their expiration date? I am sorry if this seems like a silly question since some of my lenses cause me to have this reaction while others do not (and I got all of my lenses around the same time).

Thanks for the help guys! =]

Unread 05-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
detenten

I'd wager your theory about the expiration date is correct. However I am no doctor; I would ask your eye doctor-- they will probably recommend buying a new pair.
detenten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #3
IchiBLEACHcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akune-chan View Post
Hey everyone! :]

I have a quick question.
I have purchased some lenses from Pinkyparadise, and Youknowit.com about a year ago and I haven't worn these lenses frequently to the point I wore them out. However I realized a sudden change a few months ago.

Note: I take extremely good care of my lenses, washing out the lens cases and cleaning the lenses with eye lens solution ever other week.

Sometimes when I put in my lenses, my eyes begin to burn and water up like crazy. I would remove them immediately afterwards and my eyes would continue to burn and my nose starts running as if I am allergic to them. Also a foggy like film seems to be over my eyes for a while and they hurt when I blink.

I doubt that its an eye infection since I went to the eye doctor recently as he said that my eyes are fine.

Could this reaction (foggy peripheral vision, runny nose and burning eyes) be caused by the fact that the lenses are nearing their expiration date? I am sorry if this seems like a silly question since some of my lenses cause me to have this reaction while others do not (and I got all of my lenses around the same time).

Thanks for the help guys! =]
Honestly, I've had a pair of contacts lenses for over five years and they were supposed to expire after 1 and they have been just fine.

What I would suggest is getting contact 'cleaning' solution. This is not meant to go in your eyes, but rather your contacts soak in them and it gets rid of any germs or proteins that may have built up on them. Just make sure you rinse them very well with regular solution before putting it into you eyes! I also suggest maybe trying a different brand of regular contact solution.
Wet your eyes with solution before you put your contacts in. I feel sometimes I have similar problems with my eyes if I don't sort of 'prep' them first. And whatever you do, don't rub your eyes!

Last edited by IchiBLEACHcake : 05-14-2013 at 03:13 PM.
IchiBLEACHcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #4
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by detenten View Post
I'd wager your theory about the expiration date is correct. However I am no doctor; I would ask your eye doctor-- they will probably recommend buying a new pair.
Probably.

I currently just threw all of them out since I rather not risk it. ><;

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiBLEACHcake View Post
Honestly, I've had a pair of contacts lenses for over five years and they were supposed to expire after 1 and they have been just fine.

What I would suggest is getting contact 'cleaning' solution. This is not meant to go in your eyes, but rather your contacts soak in them and it gets rid of any germs or proteins that may have built up on them. Just make sure you rinse them very well with regular solution before putting it into you eyes! I also suggest maybe trying a different brand of regular contact solution.
Wet your eyes with solution before you put your contacts in. I feel sometimes I have similar problems with my eyes if I don't sort of 'prep' them first. And whatever you do, don't rub your eyes!

Ah thanks so much for the tips!
I wished I came back to this thread sooner! I just threw all of my lenses out in fear that I was going to go blind. Dx
What Contact Cleaning solution do you recommend? And is that different than Contact lens solution?
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #5
ThakYuki
Kittysaurus Rex!

It could be the lenses have reached their expiration and starting to "come apart" or something, or it could be you have become sensitive to the lens solution you've been using, or it could even be that your lenses just haven't been fully cleaned.

There are two types of contact lens solutions you will find: multi-purpose solution (this is easily found, and is what you store lenses in), and actual cleaning solution, which is not to be used to store lenses in. Take a closer look at the selection at the store, and you will notice there are two different types of solutions for contact lenses.

Edit: it could just be the thickness of your lenses that is causing the irritation. Having a slight blurriness upon inserting/removing eyes is typical and should go away with a few blinks.

Thank you for completely removing my signature without emailing me that it was too long.

Last edited by ThakYuki : 05-14-2013 at 04:57 PM.
ThakYuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
Akune-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThakYuki View Post
It could be the lenses have reached their expiration and starting to "come apart" or something, or it could be you have become sensitive to the lens solution you've been using, or it could even be that your lenses just haven't been fully cleaned.

There are two types of contact lens solutions you will find: multi-purpose solution (this is easily found, and is what you store lenses in), and actual cleaning solution, which is not to be used to store lenses in. Take a closer look at the selection at the store, and you will notice there are two different types of solutions for contact lenses.

Edit: it could just be the thickness of your lenses that is causing the irritation. Having a slight blurriness upon inserting/removing eyes is typical and should go away with a few blinks.
Oh okay! Thanks so much!
I will look for cleaning solution once I actually venture outside once again.

As for the thickness, I don't think that is the case since I never had a problem with blurriness or fogginess the first time I put them in. Its probably because I didn't clean the lenses properly since I think I just have the storing solution and I thought thats all I had to use to clean the lenses.