Go Back   Cosplay.com > US Convention Forums > Others

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 12-13-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
Proz
San Japan - Chairman

San Japan: Sinister 6 - Aug 16th-18th, 2013 - San Antonio, TX

San Japan is happening once again at the HBG Convention Center & Grand Hyatt Hotel this August at the historic Riverwalk.

We will be a World Cosplay Summit [WCS] 2014 Qualifier Location. We will also be giving the winner of main Cosplay Show a $500 gift card to Jo-Ann Fabrics.

For a lot more info about the convention, go to the convention website: http://www.san-japan.org

Twitter - Youtube - Facebook - Tumblr
Proz is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 01-20-2013, 10:23 AM   #2
Proz
San Japan - Chairman

Starting now, if you want to pre-register with cash payment or would rather pay with a credit card in person then now you can do it at Nine-Tails, based in Wonderlands Of The Americas Mall (2nd floor, near Stein Mart). They will be our new location to pre-register for San Japan 6 (2013). The address is 4522 Fredericksburg Road, San Antonio, TX. For more info about them, go check out Nine-Tails website.

Unread 01-28-2013, 01:20 AM   #3
Zaiten

Wanting to show a little love in this thread; I'll be attending. It'll be my first year! I know it's still a ways off but still really excited.

Facebook Page: Zaiten
Fun cosplay updates: tumblr
Serious cosplay updates: deviantART

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Zaiten is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-18-2013, 01:04 PM   #4
Zaiten

Anyone have any cosplay plans yet?

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 05-08-2013, 01:41 AM   #5
pandapplesaurus
Magical Girl

I'm super excited for San Japan this year! I've been twice already, but this year will be the first year I actually cosplay!
pandapplesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #6
EresGyaru420

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaiten View Post
San Japan is always fun! but very hot It's nice being near the mall and riverwalk with all the food choices, plus the area provides some pretty nice places for photo opps

Black Lady from Sailor Moon is definitely on my cosplay list; I'm not sure what else I'll cosplay yet, probably a mermaid either Hanon or Keimi

I'll be doing Shirai Kuroko from Toaru Kagaku no Railgun too!

Last edited by EresGyaru420 : 06-11-2013 at 08:52 AM. Reason: added costume
EresGyaru420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-16-2013, 03:08 PM   #7
Proz
San Japan - Chairman

Here some massive updates:

1) We've had 7 guests so far to our guest list with more to come. Full lineup is on the SJ website.

2) Rules for World Cosplay Summit 2014 Qualifier is also up on our website. Link: http://www.san-japan.org/cosplay/wcs2014-rules

3) If you are planning to compete in WCS or our Cosplay Show, you need to read this update from our Cosplay Director: http://sjgo.co/SJ6csplup

Unread 05-17-2013, 11:20 PM   #8
Zaiten

Quote:
Originally Posted by EresGyaru420 View Post
San Japan is always fun! but very hot It's nice being near the mall and riverwalk with all the food choices, plus the area provides some pretty nice places for photo opps

Black Lady from Sailor Moon is definitely on my cosplay list; I'm not sure what else I'll cosplay yet, probably a mermaid either Hanon, Keimi, or Ariel (I can never make up my mind)

what are your cosplay plans?
I'm thinking something from League of Legends. Perhaps Katarina. Or maybe Ezreal, if I want to join a Piltover group. Probably won't though, it'd be weird.

Other then that, I'm not sure what to make new wise. I'll probably see what others are doing and try and match with them. =) I always love doing that.

Proud Texas Cosplayer
Unread 05-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #9
highsky

Quote:
Kind of excited since my friends are very happy about this. As far as cosplays plans, I'll more than likely be the following:

- Kagami Taiga from Kuroko no Basuke
- Tenjou Utena from Shoujo Kakumei Utena
- Kaburagi T. Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny
- Kasugano Sakura from Street Fighter

My brother and I are still working out if we'd like to complete the hero armor for Wild Tiger and Rock Bison or stick to civvies (for Kotetsu and Antonio). We're just really happy we may have a partially full group (we're just missing three of the main hero lineup-- Keith, Pao-Lin, and Ivan).

It's been a very long time since I've cosplayed at a convention and officially checked out how San Japan is despite living in SA. I hope it'll be nice.
Unread 05-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #10
pandapplesaurus
Magical Girl

Quote:
im going as kuroko from kuroko no basuke and madoka from puella magi madoka magica

im not sure about the third cosplay yet....but it'll either be akashi from kuroko no basuke, or otoya from uta no prince sama!
Unread 05-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #11
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapplesaurus View Post
im going as kuroko from kuroko no basuke and madoka from puella magi madoka magica

im not sure about the third cosplay yet....but it'll either be akashi from kuroko no basuke, or otoya from uta no prince sama!
Hooray! Another KNB cosplayer~! Out of curiosity, what day will you be cosplaying as Kuroko?
Unread 06-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #12
pandapplesaurus
Magical Girl

Im not too sure yet, but for now I'm planning on Friday! Though I'd live to take a picture with you in your Kagami cosplay if our days match up, iif that's okay?
Unread 06-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #13
highsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandapplesaurus View Post
Im not too sure yet, but for now I'm planning on Friday! Though I'd live to take a picture with you in your Kagami cosplay if our days match up, iif that's okay?
That would be wonderful if we could~! I was thinking of cosplaying Kagami on Friday as well if my group was alright with that. We could def have a meet up to take pictures~!
Unread 06-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #14
pandapplesaurus
Magical Girl

yay, that's great!
Unread 06-05-2013, 04:10 AM   #15
Starlit Rose
Breaking out of my cage

There's a chance now that I might be attending San Japan this year. It would be my first year, and also the first year for my friend. If our AX plans fall out (which is likely, unfortunately), then we'll be going to SJ instead. I've heard good things about San Antonio, and it would be a good excuse to visit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by highsky View Post
- Kaburagi T. Kotetsu from Tiger & Bunny

My brother and I are still working out if we'd like to complete the hero armor for Wild Tiger and Rock Bison or stick to civvies (for Kotetsu and Antonio). We're just really happy we may have a partially full group (we're just missing three of the main hero lineup-- Keith, Pao-Lin, and Ivan).
Ohhh please do bring some T&B love! If I end up going to SJ, I will most definitely bring my Barnarby hero suit, because I had better have it done by then! I will most likely be wearing it alone, unless my friend decides to make a HeroTV staff costume to wear with me, lol, so I would love to have other T&B cosplayers to meet up with.

Other than Barnaby, I would plan on bringing probably Lux (classic skin) from League of Legends. Yukio from Ao no Exorcist is also a possibility, though I'll probably only be wearing him to AFest instead.
Levi - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 100%
3DM Gear - Attack on Titan/Shingeki no Kyojin - 90% (needs repairs)
Lux (classic skin) - League of Legends - 10%

Facebook || Tumblr
Starlit Rose is offline   Reply With Quote