Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay Chat > Seeking Cosplayers

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 47 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-23-2013, 12:58 AM   #2131
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Link: That's nice that she helps. :-) I kind of wish there was some kind of time-function. Maybe there is. I really don't read manuals as often as I should.

That Donna Troy outfit really is indeed awesome.

Funny that you should post that Adipose plush because I have to experiment with raspberry ketone to see if it decreases the size of adipocytes tomorrow morning.

@Ose: Wish I had that function as well. However, I suppose I have no stand to put a phone/camera on anyway. xD

There seems to be glasses made specifically for that character as well, but at more than half the price.

@Ayasaan: Oh, you totally should! Both my roommate and I love YJ. She plans to cosplay as Cheshire for SDCC.

@Tulipe: Wow, this last issue was not really what I expected. I mean, I suppose I figured that Loki would come back and such, but I thought it would invoke more feelings of rage. XD Miss America seems to realize something is fishy about the whole parasite thing.

Ah, that really sucks. D8 I'd see it again, haha.

It might be a good idea if you're not comfortable making hoods. And growing hair back is not easy as cutting it.

Aw, thanks! ^_^

I love his new outfit so much. ;_; Probably because I love images of space and stuff.
Hearth is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-23-2013, 03:37 PM   #2132
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

@Hearth: Same! I'm so happy for Billy in the last set of panels but also terrified because his switch seemed too quick. And I feel a little bad for Loki, but at the same time- it's Loki. D: So I am conflicted.

But you're so far awaaaay.

Well, I've made a few hoods. I'm just bad at making things even. xD So I'm worried I'd do the same again. I've been thinking of cutting my hair though..

He just had to make the flashiest outfit possible. Jeez Billy people were already looking at your legs.

I ordered my bangs for Rogue yesterday. The white came back in stock so I snatched it up. :] Step one!
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2013, 07:59 PM   #2133
ayaasan

Ummm...yeah...I just ordered this wig for Robin in black :3
Quick opinion before I get started supply shopping for him. I'm arguing between using a matte pleather for the tunic, or just use a nice red suiting fabric. Either way, I plan on using milliskin for the sleeves and leggings and having black piping for the front and back princess seams. I think that pleather lined with cotton would also look pretty sweet for the cape, but I guess it all depends upon what look I'm going for...just know that I'm shying from the crepe polyester satin used in the original series hahaha.

I'm also totally going to make the utility belt from real leather, and I'm experimenting with resin for the buckle

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-23-2013 at 08:02 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-24-2013, 05:34 AM   #2134
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Tulipe: Yeah, you do have a point. In the beginning, he almost killed himself and, in the end, he's accepted that he is a superhero. Perhaps the fact that he did the deed helped put things in perspective. It's certainly nice to see him mature a bit. I don't know why, but the moment I saw his new costume, I pictured it exactly how McKelvie described it. That the cosmic bits were like a portal/window, so the stars would "move" whenever Billy moved. So awesome! *_* Yeah, those are usually the feelings you get when it comes to Loki. He acts so much like JiM-Loki, but he is not JiM-Loki... :-(

For the meantime!

Well, practice makes perfect, right? 8-) Short hair is always nice. Easier to maintain. Can almost walk out the door without needing to brush. xD

Sweet! b(ouo)d

-----

My cosplay arrived today, though it was at my home address and my parents weren't around to sign for it. Hopefully we'll get that resolved tomorrow!

Phoenix Comicon this weekend, ah! *_* Right now I'm having trouble deciding what to ask Gillen to sign. I suppose the blank variant of Young Avengers #1 and the HC of Vol 1. JiM should be good.

Also, some people on Tumblr have been pondering if YA Loki paints his nails black, so I got my nails painted for kicks. Not black, though. ;-)

EDIT: ...And the headpiece didn't fit. x_X And part of it broke before it got here. Kind of at a loss on what to do to fix it.

The rest is really nice, though. The boots look much better in person than in the pictures.

Last edited by Hearth : 05-24-2013 at 06:43 PM.
Unread 05-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #2135
Ose_93
is under your bed

@Hearth: Oh goodness. It doesn't fit? I'm not sure what you should do about that. The part that fell off shouldn't be too hard to fix with the right kind of glue. Even if you do fix it, though, being able to put it on is the important part. D:

----

I bought a wig during the coscom sale for Luka. I went based off of the color swatch, but it came a bit darker. ^^'

It's my own fault since I was looking at the picture on my tablet. The color on my computer looks a little darker, but not as dark as the actual wig. I still should have figured that hot pink is hot pink. XD

Here's how the wig looks like on the site.

Actual color without flash. The wig looks just a tad darker.

With Flash.

I guess we could use it for Bubblegum or something. Or my sister will just be inaccurate if we ever do Vocaloid. My Luki wig is the right color, though, so I'll probably have to buy another down the line.
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 01:54 AM   #2136
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ose: Yep, doesn't fit, and hurts like heck when I do try to wear it. >_< It doesn't help that the pieces are screwed on because the screw heads are on the inside (well, better than the tail end of the screw I guess, rofl), and one goes against my forehead. There is cushioning there but it isn't enough. I tried to take matters in my own hands and removed the wings/v-shape from the original band and glued them on one that does fit (I kind of figured it was useless in its current state anyway, so might as well try to rectify the problem). Spray painted the whole thing with gold spray paint. Glued the broken part back on, but there is a noticeable crack. I think I'll be too embarrassed to actually wear it... I'll probably just wear my black wig since Loki has black hair. It's such a shame because it looked amazing.

I wonder what went wrong, exactly. I said that my head circumference was 56.5 cm, but, when I measured the headband, it was about 10cm smaller. o_O

I love the rest of the outfit, though, so the good outweighs the bad. Surprisingly, my mom liked it too and kept wanting to take pictures. XD

Well, no matter what, the pictures you see aren't going to be accurate because of different lighting in the picture, etc. etc. So, I wouldn't say that it's your fault. It kind of looks like the Raspberry Pink when I compare the pictures, though.
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:28 AM   #2137
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

got my very last wig that I order for myself for this year: another cosplay for AX finished! (just gotta cut the bangs x3 )

aaaaand finally finishing up on Sailor Mercury!

Ayaasan: Oh I can't wait to see Robin! I think the matte pleather will be fine!

Hearth: Sorry to hear that your head piece doesn't fit. Hope you can some how fix it! :O

Ose: Bubblegum!!!!

W.I.P:
Queen Mikasa - Attack on Titan 20%
Wings of Counterattack!Mikasa - AoT 25%
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Sailor Pluto - Sailor Moon 70%
Judy Skellington - Nightmare before Christmas 10%
Planned:
Black Canary - DC Bombshell
Nonon Jakuzure - Kill La Kill 5%
LinkPwnsGanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:59 AM   #2138
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Link: That wig is a beautiful color. n_n

When it finally dried, I put it on, and I guess it doesn't look too bad. I think the cosplay looks better with it on than without it. Thing is, I spray painted too close so it's uneven in some places and I don't have sandpaper at the moment. I think I'll just roll with it and hope no one really looks too close. xD;;

Also, I made the new headband by cutting up an old belt and adding velcro strips to the ends. :X There was some writing on it so it says "New York" on the side. Hopefully no one notices that either, haha. Ah, these awful last minute fixes.
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #2139
Ose_93
is under your bed

@Link: Awesome wig, what are you using it for?

@Hearth: When do you need it ready? If you still have some time, you can try sanding it down and whatnot. Last minute fixes don't always look amazing, but I'm sure it will look fine. These things aren't too noticeable on pictures anyway. The rest of the outfit looks great, so I don't think people will notice too much anyway.

I wonder what happened to the head size, too. Maybe he started out with the right size, but added on material and forgot to take things into account?

You should let your mom go camera happy. If I see you wearing that outfit at AX, I want to take a picture, too. <3

And my sister said the same thing about the wig looking more like the raspberry. She said I should contact coscom and ask if I could get an exchange, but I'm a total pacifist (and I got it during a sale), so I just want to try using it for something else. And with the flash it looks like a brighter pink, so I think it works for Bubblegum pretty well. ^^

On a side not, oh gosh why do I always wake up so early? It's a Saturday but I can't fall back to sleep. ;n;
Ose_93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 09:34 AM   #2140
ayaasan

Hearth: Oh, no! The measurements being off is *blargh*

How long before you debut? What material is it made from? From the sound of the screws, you'd probably be better off with some thick EVA foam with a top layer of wonderflex and lined with fabric. Maybe some thumb tacks for extra security, but E6000 glue--with the layer of fabric prevent the foam from melting--would hold perfectly fine, be super light-weight, and sturdy. It's how I got my Loki horns to stay up If you need a walk-through, or want help, or even to commission me, just let me know! I LOVE making armor pieces, and I'm local so we could arrange a pick-up and you could nitpick instead of just working from photos :3

Link: Thank-you! I'm so excited to work on Robin I can't even... I DEFINITELY want to see if I can get more Young Justice cosplayers for Comikaze! And finally finishing up Mercury! woohoo! I'm sure Tulipe will be happy

Ose: cosplay.com has been getting A LOT of complaints about shipping/messing up orders as of late, so I've been veering away from them, sad to say :/ I'm sure it would look wonderful for a PB costume, though. Have a particular outfit of hers in mind?

EDIT: got my Robin wig in the mail today! It's poifect, and probably the easiest/most manageable wig I've worn in quite awhile. Just shake it out, piece a few sections of the bangs, spray, then set to go ;3 Also, obligatory derp a herp picture. Haven't started on the mask yet, so have my girly sunglasses instead :P

Last edited by ayaasan : 05-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.
ayaasan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #2141
Hearth
Unregistered User

@Ose: I actually needed it ready today. xD; I don't think the fix looked too bad, but I would like to have something better constructed down the line.

Even if the headband was bigger, I still think it wouldn't fit simply because it was in the shape of a circle. But human heads are more of an ellipsis, not a circle.

No plans for AX at the moment. Unfortunately, I'm not watching any anime or reading any manga (feel free to make suggestions XD).

Another thing to consider is that you might have to pay the shipping both ways as well. If you can find a use for it, might as well keep it and order the other one as well. :-) It looks like it would be great for Bubblegum! I saw a Prince Bubblegum at the con today, but not Princess Bubblegum.

Saturdays are kind of funny like that. It's the time where it's okay to sleep in, but you end up not sleeping in. o_o

@Ayasaan: It was today, unfortunately. xD;; I don't think it was too bad. In retrospect, a black hood like Loki wears may have been better than the wig (he never seems to wear his crown-thing on his hair), but I seem to have the hardest time finding a spandex open-face hood.

And thank you so much. I'd love to commission you sometime since I also plan to take Loki to SDCC. One of the major pitfalls was most likely the fact that the commissioner lives so far away from where I am, so it wasn't possible to catch such a serious problem before it was too late.
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:03 AM   #2142
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Ose: I have a weird sleeping habit! It usually doesn't matter what time I go to sleep whether it's 9 pm or 3 am I tend to wake up no later than 7, most of the time early at 6 o'clock, Oh and I'm actually using it for this character right here: Her name is Felicita from La Storia Della Arcana Familglia

Ayaasan: haha yes she is happy about it! But I'm even more happy to be finally getting some progress done on it! The collar was driving me insane before I finally got the pattern right! Oh cool, when is Comikaze again? Nice wig too! ^_^

Hearth: I love your Kid Loki!!! Though I'd really love to see a picture of you and Ayaasan's Lady Loki together!

So since I got Mercury's collar all done I just gotta attach it to my leotard with some snaps so it'll be easier for me to take off! Then I also gotta attach the skirt and hip roll to leotard. I still gotta work on figuring out how to make the horrible EVIL sleeves!!! Boot covers...I don't think they'll do me any harm! xD

W.I.P:
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Planned:

Last edited by LinkPwnsGanon : 05-26-2013 at 02:09 AM.
Unread 05-26-2013, 04:22 AM   #2143
La Tulipe Noire
Un pour tous

I. HATE. PACKING. Nothing wants to go right, I'm trying to rush through so I can enjoy a few final days in Hawaii. But that aint happening. My roommate got 'sick' so for two days we did nothing. The post office doesn't want to mail my box. I have to drag these boxes down the street to the post office and back. Nothing fits. I want it to be Wednesday but I don't because that means I have to say good-bye and I'm conflicted- do you understand? xD
--
@Hearth: Your Loki is ADORABLE. Gosh I want to work on Billy now. >_<

It seemed too sudden to me. So I'm worried that Billy's actions are gonna back-fire. Who knows. Hopefully it'll all work out. Some things should just be that simple, I think.

True, but I still think I'll start hoodless for this Rogue. :] Short hair, I've never had it! I don't know what it feels like.

Um. I'm sure there's other stuff I could say- but.. No. Too tired. Will revive again on Friday. Out.
Polaris []

My Tumblr
La Tulipe Noire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #2144
ayaasan

Hearth: I'm uber jelly *.* Awesome costume, and a convention? My next event isn't until September-October for Disneyland's Halloween Party (the day still hasn't been decided yet, but it's a two month event) and my next con isn't until November :/ Imma go nuts over the summer! And just shoot me a PM if you should choose to commission me, I'll set ya up with an etsy order

Link: Thanks! And Comikaze is November 1st-3rd. I also want to go to LBCC for one day

Tulipe: I've had short hair on and off my entire life. I'll grow it long (had it to my knees in elementary school 0.o) and then get tired of it and cut it, lol. I'm at the "should I cut it again?" stage right now since it's about mid/lower back. I love getting it layered and shaggy, since I can flip it out with my straightener, hair-spray it, and it's ready to go in about 15 minutes :P
Unread 05-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #2145
LinkPwnsGanon
Queen Mikasa Scarf Face

Oh Comikaze would be a birthday con for me haha! xD If I were to go to that I'd wanna be Zatanna!

I had long hair down to my lower back until I was in my first year of high school where I cut it to the top of my shoulders. Oh gosh my head felt so much lighter! But now it wont grow as long anymore! xD

W.I.P:
Poison Ivy - Batman 80%
Planned: