Go Back   Cosplay.com > Cosplay by Series/Genre > Comics/Cartoons

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 62 votes, 5.00 average.
Unread 05-09-2013, 10:26 PM   #421
solstis
Cat-dragon , Cosplayer

You may still want a small wire frame (bent up wire coat hanger ) in the wing straps would attatch to that. I do not suggest stringing any strap through the foam because it may rip. Safety pins might be ok.
... And to answer that question "Yes I live here and have nothing better to do "
Next Convention: Otakon

Thursday Peach Maki
Friday AM -Noibat PM- Peach Maki --
Saturday AM Luna (Sailor moon) Human PM - Human luna Maid version
SATURDAY August 9th is international Casual Lolita Day!
Sunday Casual Lolita

postponed WIP
Makoto - Street Fighter
Felicia - darkstalkers yes I want to try again
solstis is offline   Reply With Quote

Unread 05-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #422
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

Seconding the wire idea. Then the wire is taking the weight of your movement and not the foam sheets.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #423
limelivi
The Shadow Crawler

I need help finding a Lyra wig. I haven't ever commissioned something, so unless one of you want to explain that, that's probably out...
limelivi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #424
Clockwork_Ducky
Quack!

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelivi View Post
I need help finding a Lyra wig. I haven't ever commissioned something, so unless one of you want to explain that, that's probably out...
If you'd be ok with sewing two strips of wefts in yourself, I'd suggest getting a Magnum Long (or similar wig) in possibly Aqua or Ice Blue from Arda, and then a pack of white or silver wefts Since Lyra has mostly pale blue hair, which then has a streak of white in the bangs, and another down the side/back, you'll need to add that in. You can find all sorts of wefting tutorials around - I'm about to go through the process for making a short Twilight Sparkle wig.

Alternately, you could start with a white wig, and then color it with sharpie save for the two streaks... but I can tell you, that is a /really/ tedious task.

1950s Celestia (MLP:FiM), Undead Death Knight Starter Gear (WoW),
Lorna Dane Serval Industries (X-Factor), Adult Loki (Loki: Agent of Asguard), 10th Doctor (Doctor Who)

Clockwork_Ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #425
AngelDragon
Kirinafa

Does anyone have suggestions of good ears/horns I can purchase? (Particularly Cadence pink color) I've tried Yaya Han's but they were very heavy and the straps showed pretty bad. I'd like something light-weight and maybe even clip-ons?
AngelDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-29-2013, 08:55 PM   #426
LordTyger

Looking at doing a Big Mac of my own soon, because A, male. B, Mac is awesome. C, it's pretty easy to do a Mac gijinka. And D, it's something I can easily pull off fairly well even with my larger frame.

Speaking of... it's generally AJ who wears the hat in the show... but do ya'll think I should get a good western hat as well? And would sewing/embroidering Mac's cutie mark on the back pocket of my jeans be overkill?

Last edited by LordTyger : 06-29-2013 at 09:01 PM.
LordTyger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #427
kawaiiclampfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelDragon View Post
Does anyone have suggestions of good ears/horns I can purchase? (Particularly Cadence pink color) I've tried Yaya Han's but they were very heavy and the straps showed pretty bad. I'd like something light-weight and maybe even clip-ons?
I made clip on ears from felt, but they could be made from foam just as easily I cut them, shaped them and then attached them to grips for my wig <3

http://www.cosplay.com/photo/3405040/
kawaiiclampfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #428
Neonr0se

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTyger View Post
Looking at doing a Big Mac of my own soon, because A, male. B, Mac is awesome. C, it's pretty easy to do a Mac gijinka. And D, it's something I can easily pull off fairly well even with my larger frame.

Speaking of... it's generally AJ who wears the hat in the show... but do ya'll think I should get a good western hat as well? And would sewing/embroidering Mac's cutie mark on the back pocket of my jeans be overkill?

I think wearing a hat would look good and maybe get a stalk(?) of wheat to hang out of your mouth too
As far as the cutie mark no I don't think it would be overkill, I've seen a big mac cosplayer before and he did it on his and it looked fine!
Neonr0se is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #429
Royalbakaness
Zombie Unicorn

My friend talked me into finally doing Princess Cadance. She's my favorite pony and I've wanted to cosplay her for a while. It's going to be a rather involved cosplay, so hopefully I can get her done in time for Anime Boston 2014. I'm so excited though! ^^
Unread 09-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #430
anuenue_mirage
Minarai-chan

I'm planning a Princess Luna cosplay for A-kon next year. I have an extensive wardrobe (that many would classify as 'costumey') and can pull many clothing items straight from my closet. A few items I will purchase and I'm going to try to do the wig/horns/wings myself. I'm really excited to do this as my first cosplay because one of my talents is styling, and I think mlp cosplay relies heavily on styling and interpretation.
TARDIS (Doctor Who)

Up for consideration:
Kimono version of Elsa's ice dress (Frozen)
The 'Patchwork' girl from "Beautiful People" by Mitsukazu Mihara
Pre-bite Ginger Fitzgerald (Ginger Snaps)
anuenue_mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #431
Camilleathome

Hey guys. I just started getting into My little Pony. My friend is making me a Canterlot wedding cosplay as she wanted someone to cosplay with her(Shes doing Queen Chrysalis). Since then Ive discovered a Pinky Pie Cancan/Burlesque episode and I really want to do this as Ive done a Burlesque Skirt before for my Ciel Cosplay. The only thing is Ive seen people call it both a can can dress AND a Burlesque dress and both are VERY Different. I Do think I could make it much prettier as a Burlesque cosplay than a Can can cosplay as I could do a gorgeous Burlesque Skirt with the top ruffle just on the back having feathers on it like hers is. and I dont want to make it overly sexual either(Plus im big im not walking around in underwear XD) So was thinking I could make cute black ruffled pantaloons(mid thigh short sized) and Probably an underbust corset. What do you guys think?

This is the cartoon reference

This is the kind of skirt I could make and have the top of it with purple feathers.

Kinda more like a semi vintage Burlesque type dancer mixed with more modern

And for the pantaloons it would be something like these but black maybe a little bit shorter(Mid knee instead of to the knee and id have a bustier)

Theres also the actual can can dancers but those unless you have your skirt hyked up all day just looks like a regular dress lol.

Suggestions really welcome! I think it would be a fun cute cosplay to do for next year that way id have a year to work on it since ive never made a corset. And I want something fun to work on and make from scratch for the costume contest
Camilleathome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2013, 06:22 PM   #432
silver-kyoko

I'm almost done with my Applejack cosplay. I just bought everything I needed for the outfit today! Now I'm just waiting for the wig.

Korra (Book 1 Ver.) - 20%
Link (Ocarina of Time ver.) - 20%
Sailor Venus - 15%
Hatsune Miku (Love is War ver.) - 5%

Events I'm going to

Another Anime Con 2014

Animaine 2014?

Queen City Kamikaze 2015

Other Profiles

silver-kyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #433
TigerLily1989

I'm looking into doing a Pinkie Pie, where does everyone recommend getting wigs from? I want one really curly and cute, plus I need to match the pinks to her hair. How does everyone add on the balloons?
Sakura Con 2015

Cosplays
Erza
Fem! Natsu
Fem! Laxus
Fem! Gajeel
TigerLily1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #434
Tigress
Bitch-Kitty on Wheels

The Five Wits has a great one, called "Happy Party Giggle Song". I used sparkly pastel fabric paint for my balloons.

One of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather. (This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.) -- Terry Pratchett
Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #435
TigerLily1989

Thanks so much!
Sakura Con 2015

Cosplays
Erza
Fem! Natsu
Fem! Laxus
Fem! Gajeel
TigerLily1989 is offline   Reply With Quote